Lets not forget, - You can buy british aswell.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SteveMW » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:55 pm

Couldn't agree more on Carrick.  I think he's a fantastic player.  I know he's a flaming manure player, but Kieran Richardson is another very good player that I think we could get at a good price.

As well as being a lifelong Liverpool fan, being a Swansea boy, I was taken to see Swansea City play a lot when I lived at home, and still follow them now.  How about giving Lee Trundle his Premiership chance?  He's been on fire this year, scoring in virtually every game  hehehehe
SteveMW

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:55 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
JBG wrote:Just a point in relation to Figo.

Was it not the case that Figo claimed that he had reached an agreement with Madrid whereby they had apparently promised to let him go for free? Figo was just as annoyed as Liverpool about the £2million.

Was it not also the case that he was eventually allowed to leave for free and he decided to join Inter and not Liverpool?

i thought Inter paid the £2 million?

I'm not sure.....I think Madrid let him go for free in the end.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:56 pm

SteveMW wrote:Couldn't agree more on Carrick.  I think he's a fantastic player.  I know he's a flaming manure player, but Kieran Richardson is another very good player that I think we could get at a good price.

As well as being a lifelong Liverpool fan, being a Swansea boy, I was taken to see Swansea City play a lot when I lived at home, and still follow them now.  How about giving Lee Trundle his Premiership chance?  He's been on fire this year, scoring in virtually every game  hehehehe

Lee Trundle.  :D

A good player, no doubt, but there's something hilarious about the guy.  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby SteveMW » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:57 pm

He's the most famous player outside the prem thanks to Soccer AM LOL :D
SteveMW

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:59 pm

SteveMW wrote:I know he's a flaming manure player, but Kieran Richardson is another very good player that I think we could get at a good price.

Kieran Richardson is so average, if he wasnt left footed an English he wouldnt even get spoken about.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SteveMW » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:20 pm

I don't agree with that.  I think he's got the makings of a good wide player.  Nunez, now he was BAD!
SteveMW

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:39 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I have mentioned Castelan a couple of times on here myself.
He raped Cole that night and scored a cracker that was disallowed for offside, he plays right wing and would not cost much.
We have scouts supposedly all over the world, well i hope someone has been at least watching this lad.
Dutch players tend to adapt well to the Premier league as well.

Not only did he rape Cole he spit roasted A.Cole.

Castelan looks quality and your right he would be considerably cheaper than anyone we ve been linked with.

He has the potential to be a real star ,and I dont think he would be a risk .Never mind buying British because there isnt one right now who could measure upto this lad.
66-1112520797

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:12 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:I have mentioned Castelan a couple of times on here myself.
He raped Cole that night and scored a cracker that was disallowed for offside, he plays right wing and would not cost much.
We have scouts supposedly all over the world, well i hope someone has been at least watching this lad.
Dutch players tend to adapt well to the Premier league as well.

Not only did he rape Cole he spit roasted A.Cole.

Castelan looks quality and your right he would be considerably cheaper than anyone we ve been linked with.

He has the potential to be a real star ,and I dont think he would be a risk .Never mind buying British because there isnt one right now who could measure upto this lad.

I have only seen him on a couple of occasions but he definately looks the business.
He is only at Feyenoord as well they are not in the Champions league so i am sure he would jump at the chance to join the Champions of Europe.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:57 pm

Speaking of wingers,

Has anyone heard of Ricardo Quaresma? Porto No. 10

Thoughts on him?
Chelsea forever.

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:00 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:Speaking of wingers,

Has anyone heard of Ricardo Quaresma? Porto No. 10

Thoughts on him?

I think that like Simao Sambrosa, Quaresma played for Barcelona for a while. There was a lot of hype about him a few years ago but he never lived up to it. As far as I know, he was involved in the transfer that took Deco to Barcelona.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:08 pm

Well, he played for them last season as no.10 and this season as no.7

Havent seen a whole lot of him, but i have seen a few compilations and saw him against Inter where he was amazing. Story goes that he and Ronaldo.C were best buddies as kids and have a similar game, he certainly has the flicks and step overs, cut backs and mazy runs. But I would have expected to hear more of him from the Portugal camp, which I havent.

Another very interesting forward is Mohamed Zidane. He played in the German league for a while, but iv lost him and havent seen him - dont even know how old he is.
Chelsea forever.

Postby stoney » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:27 pm

Hes still quite young i think, younger than 24. That is if your talking about the egyptian Mohamed Zidan. I agree Zidan is a great forward, no way we'd be signing him though.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:31 pm

Yes the Egyptian. He looks an exceptional player, very qucik, very creative and a fantastic strike. I actually wanted us to look at him last year, i was that in love with his play. I think its only about time before an English side signs him. The guy is easily the best player in Egypt and a potential star.

I have a very good compilation of his which I could upload if anyones interested.
Chelsea forever.

Postby stoney » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:54 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:I have a very good compilation of his which I could upload if anyones interested.

Yes, I would like to see that.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:51 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:Each penny counts

You must have a sh.it load of pennies !!
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion