Lets look forward to the summer - Decent striker shortage

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmist » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:24 pm

Personally I m really looking forward to the summer, not just coz its world cup year, but also what we re gonna do in terms of sorting out a goal scorer - long term. Dont get me wrong i think highly of both Crouchie and Nando, but we need a striker thats going to contribute more goals than they have done as yet. I also appluad the re-signing of God but realistically this aint a long term proposition.
    Today we dominated possession and territory for long periods but did we ever look like scoring, especially when we went behind. Cant fault the lads for effort, their fitness, but something different in that crucial final third is essential as chelski proved.
    For me Cisse got to make way, although he s like :censored: off a shovel that aint everything. someone like Defoe, he looked on fire today, plus he s English.

REDMIST

"Rodney, you plonker."
redmist

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:28 pm

Look, as fans we need to look forward on the remaining games until summer, not till summer! I know our strikers aren't scoring, but we can't do anything about it!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rastalovich » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:46 pm

The remaining games would be that much to look forward to if u`r team were doing as well as u`d liked - agreed.

However, if like me u would like to see alot of changes, yes it would be nice in some cases, BUT it aint as simple as throwing out a list of players to `get rid of`, (even tho I do have a list of them myself) without knowing absolutely sure which or what players u`r gonna replace em with.

There may be the odd example of not liking some1 like Sissoko and hoping we`d kept hold of Murphy, for maybe reasons of him being a "better player", maybe cheaper on the wage front vS passion, a better passer indeed. - I dunno.

U have to also accept that some of us bang on about Rafa as if he`s been at the club for ages, when in terms of years vS success he`s got very little competition. There is alot of time and cards to be played. Players will come and go. Some will do a job for a year or so, maybe by design (or stop-gap) whilst earmarked players have no chance of being signed due to contractual reasons.

Yes times will change, yes the team will change and personally I will b1tch like there`s no 2morrow coz we don`t play like I remember in the 70s/80s, but I have more respect for the club than to not look forward to each game, each transfer window, each quote, each interview, each fans` opinion and LOL each inspired song that comes from the Kop.

(don`t ask me why a small reply got big!)
Bill Shankly: (About the This-is-Anfield plaque)
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."
Rastalovich

Postby redmist » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:46 pm

Cant fault that sentiment, i m just a little frustrated at the amount of games (big games) that we control but dont win- or draw for that matter.
Plus its a way of almost forgetting this afternoon.
redmist

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:50 pm

We are all frustrated with the lack of goals! but we have alot of time to change that! maybe everything will change when summer arrives!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmist » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:57 pm

Rastalovich wrote:The remaining games would be that much to look forward to if u`r team were doing as well as u`d liked - agreed.

However, if like me u would like to see alot of changes, yes it would be nice in some cases, BUT it aint as simple as throwing out a list of players to `get rid of`, (even tho I do have a list of them myself) without knowing absolutely sure which or what players u`r gonna replace em with.

There may be the odd example of not liking some1 like Sissoko and hoping we`d kept hold of Murphy, for maybe reasons of him being a "better player", maybe cheaper on the wage front vS passion, a better passer indeed. - I dunno.

U have to also accept that some of us bang on about Rafa as if he`s been at the club for ages, when in terms of years vS success he`s got very little competition. There is alot of time and cards to be played. Players will come and go. Some will do a job for a year or so, maybe by design (or stop-gap) whilst earmarked players have no chance of being signed due to contractual reasons.

Yes times will change, yes the team will change and personally I will b1tch like there`s no 2morrow coz we don`t play like I remember in the 70s/80s, but I have more respect for the club than to not look forward to each game, each transfer window, each quote, each interview, each fans` opinion and LOL each inspired song that comes from the Kop.

(don`t ask me why a small reply got big!)

I aint got a list of players i want rid of. I just want someone to look like they might score close to 30 goals a year, surely that s not to much to ask for, considering were a top three side- which is what we were nt before Rafa turned up. By the way, who gave Rafa the job anyway coz although i d heard of him i would nt have put him down for a future Red.... err, bit of a tangent i know, just wondered about that.   :wwww
redmist

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:00 pm

redmist, there aren't alot of strikers who score 20-30 goals a season! rarely these strikers showup. there are maybe 2 or 3 strikers who score 30 a season!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:02 pm

In the summer most in not all our resources will be spent on a quality RM and a quailty ST. We need players 22 or above who are ready to step straight into the first and play consistently well.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rastalovich » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:06 pm

redmist wrote:I aint got a list of players i want rid of. I just want someone to look like they might score close to 30 goals a year, surely that s not to much to ask for, considering were a top three side- which is what we were nt before Rafa turned up. By the way, who gave Rafa the job anyway coz although i d heard of him i would nt have put him down for a future Red.... err, bit of a tangent i know, just wondered about that.   :wwww

;) lol u gotta be kidding me, I got a list, I bet most fans have got a list.

:P

Trouble I got is I got very little ammunition as to what to replace em with cept the `type` of player I want.

Who`d be manager aye ?!?!?!?
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."
Rastalovich

Postby Robbie Fowler is Back » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:10 pm

redmist wrote:Personally I m really looking forward to the summer, not just coz its world cup year, but also what we re gonna do in terms of sorting out a goal scorer - long term. Dont get me wrong i think highly of both Crouchie and Nando, but we need a striker thats going to contribute more goals than they have done as yet. I also appluad the re-signing of God but realistically this aint a long term proposition.
    Today we dominated possession and territory for long periods but did we ever look like scoring, especially when we went behind. Cant fault the lads for effort, their fitness, but something different in that crucial final third is essential as chelski proved.
    For me Cisse got to make way, although he s like :censored: off a shovel that aint everything. someone like Defoe, he looked on fire today, plus he s English.

REDMIST

"Rodney, you plonker."

Defoe?  ???

I think there is a lot of  hard work to do before then, dont you?
Robbie Fowler is Back

Postby redmist » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:17 pm

metalhead wrote:redmist, there aren't alot of strikers who score 20-30 goals a season! rarely these strikers showup. there are maybe 2 or 3 strikers who score 30 a season!

I was thinking more along the lines of 20-30 in all comps. I aint so naive to think 30 goals a season in the EPL. When someones scoring regularly and looking lively for long periods in a season then it gives the perseption that the re dangerous and puts defences on the back foot even before the whistles blown.
redmist

Postby burnred » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:44 pm

Know where your coming from Redmist. the one thing (if any)that seperates us from the so called "top 3 teams" is an out an out stricker to guarantee us a substantial number of goals such as an Henry, Crespo or Horsehead!
burnred

Postby redmist » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:48 pm

burnred wrote:Know where your coming from Redmist. the one thing (if any)that seperates us from the so called "top 3 teams" is an out an out stricker to guarantee us a substantial number of goals such as an Henry, Crespo or Horsehead!

Stricker? Dont you mean striker.
redmist

Postby Rastalovich » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:51 pm

redmist wrote:
burnred wrote:Know where your coming from Redmist. the one thing (if any)that seperates us from the so called "top 3 teams" is an out an out stricker to guarantee us a substantial number of goals such as an Henry, Crespo or Horsehead!

I dunno, maybe he`s thinking of a german stricker ?

Seriously tho, an out and out striker on top of what we got atm would obviously turn the 0 points to 1 and the 1s to 3s.

(can`t believe I said that!)
Rastalovich

Postby redmist » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:58 pm

Rastalovich wrote:
redmist wrote:

I dunno, maybe he`s thinking of a german stricker ?

Seriously tho, an out and out striker on top of what we got atm would obviously turn the 0 points to 1 and the 1s to 3s.

(can`t believe I said that!)

thats great numeracy, Rastalovich. It tallies up with what i got here. Seriously though, its more to do with the threat of having someone around about the box that could pounce on just one mistake and take advantage or forcea mistake for the attacking midfielders,atm we aint got that threat- simple.
redmist

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion