Leto gone - For 3 million

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:17 pm

bigmick wrote:As it was he was windswept, interesting and Argentinian so it all seems worthwhile.

:laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby DrPepe » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:43 pm

he looks good on youtube, to be fair...

..you don't think our scouts actually go to watch these guys, do you? :D
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:15 pm

He never got a work permit so as far as I know he never played for the reds in the league.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:24 am

Reg wrote:He never got a work permit so as far as I know he never played for the reds in the league.

I could've sworn I've seen him play for us a couple of games on the left... but I'm not sure... He looked quite decent... but nothing spectacular and not that pacey or skillful either... Riera is alot better than him...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:29 am

maguskwt wrote:
Reg wrote:He never got a work permit so as far as I know he never played for the reds in the league.

I could've sworn I've seen him play for us a couple of games on the left... but I'm not sure... He looked quite decent... but nothing spectacular and not that pacey or skillful either... Riera is alot better than him...

see the Wikipedia C&P on page 1 - he played in the toulouse CL game (4-0)  and in a couple of CC games.... before his "passport" was rumbled  :laugh:
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby mrt » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:16 am

Damn shame.  He could have been the next Bernard Whatsisname.
mrt

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:16 pm

mrt wrote:Damn shame.  He could have been the next Bernard Whatsisname.

:laugh:  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:33 pm

I think what Rafa had in mind when he brought Leto in was that he would bring what Riera currently does. He played terrible against L'OM and his chances were limited after, and then completely dried up.  He was probably the best player in the reserves for a 3-4 month period. Although at 21 years old, he was also the oldest.
JoeTerp

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:07 pm

bigmick wrote:He did have a long hair, a good tan and an exotic name though. Imagine how unexcited everyone would have been if he was called Steve Lamb or something and we signed him from Walsall before selling him to Leicester for 3 million. As it was he was windswept, interesting and Argentinian so it all seems worthwhile.

Mick you need to get over this fixation that fans rate foreigners more than British players simply because they're foreign.

Fact is Leto was always sh.it, for a winger he has the acceleration of a hedgegog.  But the fact also is, that next to the best British player in the reserves (probably Jay Spearing) he actually looked half decent.  Now that's not because I like the sound of 'Leto' more than 'Spearing' or the fact that Leto has the Latino looks and Spearing looks like a spud, it's simply because Spearing is even more sh.it.  But hey, lets stick with local talent and forget the rest of the world as a potential source of players.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:59 pm

john craig wrote: But hey, lets stick with local talent and forget the rest of the world as a potential source of players.

I've got an either better idea. If Leto is the best we can find, let's not bother signing him we'll just keep looking.

This "fixation" with local players isn'ty coming from me either. I have no "fixation" with anything. I simply want us to sign players who have a decent chance of making it. Now if it is the case that Sebastian Leto is better than all the young left midfielders in the football league, and better than all the youngsters who are kicking around the various clubs as apprantices, then fair enough. My guess is though that he isn't.

My contention is that we could have saved ourselves an airfare and got someone cheaper and better, be they from England, France, Africa or anywhere else. We could have jumped in our Ford Sierra and gone up to Middlesboro and sign that Johnston kid for starters, we still could come to that. We won't though, we'll sign someone else who has less chance of making it.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:52 am

Liverpool have agreed a deal with Greek side Panathinaikos for the sale of winger Sebastian Leto.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164896090701-0657.htm

bye bye, he was never going to make it at our club.

good luck
Last edited by lakes10 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:21 am

RAFAAA!! :angry: :angry:

:D

Good luck to the lad eventhough his hair was worse than Lucas.
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:17 am

Isn't it for about 3m if so it's not a bad bit of buisness.

Rafa is turning into Del Boy

:D
roberto green

Postby kopite_1232002 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:18 am

shame he never got his work permit sorted.. cant be judged on 4 senior games.

Knowing our luck he will go on to be the next Kaka in a few years lol

Good luck lad
kopite_1232002

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:42 am

kopite_1232002 wrote:shame he never got his work permit sorted.. cant be judged on 4 senior games.

No mate he can. He was garbage.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion