Let's get behind the team..... - ....for the remainder of the season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redandblue » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:09 pm

No we cannot do that.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Coley » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:34 pm

i hope we can and with all players fit i think we have the 4th best team/squad in the country.  GH needs his best eleven out.  I'm going to get behing them for the rest of the season, win lose or draw.  F**k it!  I need to stop letting all the mancs get to me!
Coley

Postby redandblue » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:25 pm

OK so we end up fourth with the fourth best team in the country. Houllier thinks that this is some sort of major achievement. I don't.

We are closer in points terms to Wolves than we are to United. Arsenal and United are in a completely different league to the one which we inhabit.

Moores and Houllier talk about fourth spot as some sort of holy grail. It will bring in some much needed cash. But we really want to be up there with the best and most of us just don't see that happening whilst Mon. Houllier is at the helm.

He spoke about dedicating the victory the other evening to the fans and to David Moores. What a complete plonker.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:34 pm

Champions League has been the target since Houllier took over so why have our ambitions not been raised? Champions League football ought to be a near certainty by now, Houllier has spent enough. In fact I'm sure Houllier has spent more than Wenger and Wenger has two Doubles to his name already, all this cobblers about time to settle, injuries etc is beyond cr@p. Our current record is not that much better than Everton's - have a little think about that

Liverpool P19 W8 D5 L6 PTS 29
Everton P20 W6 D6 L8 PTS 24

Five points with a game in hand, the gap should be much bigger
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:38 pm

Fourth spot doesnt even guarantee champions league football,look at newcastle.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:45 pm

greenred wrote:Fourth spot doesnt even guarantee champions league football,look at newcastle.

I was just thinking that the other day. We ought to get through the qualifier, we are a better team than Newcastle despite last season's position and they were in pretty poor form when they played that tie.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:34 am

I ALWAYS THINK OF LIVERPOOL AS BEING ONE OF THE THE BEST TEAMS IN THE PREMIERSHP AND IN EUROPE
WELL THATS MY MEMORY AND WE SHOULD STILL BE ,WERE A BIG CLUB NOT A CLUB THAT SHOULD SETTLE FOR 4th DEFINETLY NOT A CLUB STRUGLING FOR 4th
THE WAY WE ARE GOING AT PRESENT DO WE WANT 4th IF WE QUALIFY FOR EUROPE WITH PRESENT FORM WE WILL BE DISCRACED
AS MUCH AS I WANT LIVERPOOL BACK ON TOP AND BACK IN EUROPE LETS MAKE SURE THEY GO THERE WITH A TEAM THATS GOOD ENOUGH TO FIGHT NOT LIE DOWN A TEAM WITH PASSION NOT EXCUSES
DID YEOVILL GET SO FAR TO PLAY US AND UPSTAGE US WITH MULTIMILLION POUND PLAYERS
NO
THEY PLAYED WITH HEART AND LOVE OF THE TEAM THEY PLAY FOR AND I DONT THINK WERE READY TO GO BACK TO EUROPE UNTILL WE HAVE THAT
SORRY THAT MIGHT BE NEGATIVE BUT THATS HOW p#ssed OFF I AM WITH OUR CURRENT TEAM
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:46 am

I think the majority of fans do get behind the team every game;it's only a minority that will boo a poor performance.All I ask is the 11 men on the pitch give 100% commitement to winning the game and that Gerard Houllier doesn't make silly attempts at excusing any inept performances from the players he chose.Credit where credit is due,no more,no less.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby DAV » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:03 pm

everyone goes on about us getting in the champions league. U really think if we were in it we would make a big impact when we dont even make an impact in our domestic league
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:02 am

Houllier is a joke,4th place?laughing stock of europe.
Liverpool are not a sacking club? well maybe if we have had the balls to do something like that maybe certain people would pull thier fingers out..
Trying to impress people with non sacking talk does not win you a gold bloody star...And was Roy Evans politely pushed out?.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion