Le tallac back to anfield?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mambo88 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:29 am

Added by Matt Ladson on 24 December 2004 | Discuss in forums | Have you read today's Kopblog?

According to reports in the French press Anthony Le Tallec will return to Anfield in the new year, meaning Rafael Benitez will have more than one 'new' forward if he gets either Morientes or Anelka.

Le Tallec went on loan to St. Etienne in the summer but their director Damien Comolli is quoted this week saying they 'no longer rely on Le Tallec'.

Reports claim the young Frenchman will have his deal with St. Etienne cut short and send him back to Merseyside.

Whether Rafa Benitez will choose to keep him for the rest of the season, or loan him out again is yet to be seen.

www.thisisanfield.com
mambo88

Postby andy_g » Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:04 am

anyone know how well le tallec has been doing at st. etienne? can't be bothered to find out on the net...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:38 am

Le Tallec asked to go out on loan and Rafa doesn't want him back cos he said he had a bad attitude and wasn't happy with him asking to leave, thats what I heard somewhere, I think someone posted it here a month or so ago.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hamza » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:29 pm

i think le tallac is a great prospect and can do well 4 us but he must have had a fall out with rafa over something coz he would nt go out on loan as we are short of attackers unless he was nt in rafas good book maybe he will change his attitude and come good
Hamza

Postby andy_g » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:57 pm

yeah, but does anyone know how he's been playing at st. etienne? has he been scoring many or just generally playing well? if they're saying they 'no longer rely' on him he can't exactly be setting their world on fire. is he likely to do the same for us? i remember seeing himj last season and thought he looked promising but maybe he just hasn't made the grade.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:53 am

As I recalled, he was on a bit of form during the pre-season and demanded to be in the first XI. That somehow rub Rafa off (plus we have enough attacking option upfront then) and he send him out on loan. He's still a raw gem and I bet he and Pongolle will improve under the right tutorage.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ssss » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:00 am

If attitude was his problem, then I hope he sorts it out, cos I'd hate to lose him. I think he's a quality player and has the sort of vision (read:litmanen) not many players have...
ssss

Postby Romain » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:49 pm

I am French and i support  saint etienne.Le tallec did not play much with us.he was wounded.He started well. He score a goal against Strasbourg in league one.His problem  is mentality.He has a big potential but he needs to play much more.many persons in france saying that he come back with your but it's not official.He wants to play for liverpool because he loves your club but i thinks it will be difficult.Au revoir my friends.
Romain

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:59 pm

If Le Tallec comes back I think he will feature a lot.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion