Lawrenson - Doesn't reckon we can do it

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby YoungAdam » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:50 pm

He was just on 5 live saying how if we come up against a team like Chelsea or Real then we won't do it. I hope we prove him wrong!
YoungAdam

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:51 pm

YoungAdam wrote:He was just on 5 live saying how if we come up against a team like Chelsea or Real then we won't do it. I hope we prove him wrong!

Well we had Chelsea beatten last week, apart from an OG from SG.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:52 pm

lawrenson pfft. couldn't give a monkeys what that gaylord reckons

I enjoyed Niall Quinn's commentary on sky tonight, I'm sure under the skin he's one of us
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:53 pm

why is he trying to put us down. fuk him..we will soon see when it happens lads ye? so lets carry on celebrating tonight :D
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby FrankM » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:02 pm

Heard him on today fm last Saturday. Said there would be a surprise result in the Liverpool and Scum games. Well he got it fcuking wrong.

Top man Niall Quinn
FrankM

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:42 pm

Woollyback wrote:lawrenson pfft. couldn't give a monkeys what that gaylord reckons

I enjoyed Niall Quinn's commentary on sky tonight, I'm sure under the skin he's one of us

Yea I watched it on STAR SPORTS and it was him and Alan Parry I think, great commentery.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:46 pm

Who gives a f@ck what he says? do you? do any of us?
no lets enjoy our night hey we will deal with the draw when it comes around, just lets relive the moment. and have a f@ckin ball :devil:  :kungfu:  :love:  :alien:  :suspect:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Iceman69 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:13 am

You have to admit of the teams left, we are one of the weakest, due to the fact that we have a slight squad.

Need Alonso back.

I just hope, if we get the luck of the draw we can avoid chelsea and Milan. chelsea looked good v barca, very strong so i would want to avoid them.

Anyone else I fancy us against, as I feeel we can beat them at home and get a good result away.

Lawro is a tw*t, He';s queer and if you've seen him on match of the day recently does nothing but praise man utd, as though he wants to put his tounge down the back of fergies pants.
Iceman69

Postby L-type » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:12 am

I would fancy us against Bayern, Lyon, and PSV Eindhoven.  The trick is to avoid the others
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:22 am

I would fancy us against Lyon and Endhoven but not Bayern. They are usually very organised and have a deadly striker in Mackaay. I wish we can say the same about our strikers as our best one is CL cup tied and Baros seemed to have gone off the boil, despite getting a goal against Leverkusen.

The rest - AC Milan, Juve, Chelski etc. have too much firepower and strong midfield vis-a-vis Liverpool for my liking. Having gone this far is already a bonus for me considering the injury problems and whimps (Kewell) that we have in the squad who never play with enough passion and commitment.

We need to get some luck with the passage in the next games, as Monaco and Porto did get last season and we will be in with a fair chance.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:31 am

azriahmad wrote:I would fancy us against Lyon and Endhoven but not Bayern. They are usually very organised and have a deadly striker in Mackaay. I wish we can say the same about our strikers as our best one is CL cup tied and Baros seemed to have gone off the boil, despite getting a goal against Leverkusen.

The rest - AC Milan, Juve, Chelski etc. have too much firepower and strong midfield vis-a-vis Liverpool for my liking. Having gone this far is already a bonus for me considering the injury problems and whimps (Kewell) that we have in the squad who never play with enough passion and commitment.

We need to get some luck with the passage in the next games, as Monaco and Porto did get last season and we will be in with a fair chance.

I agree i prefer Lyon or PSV not Bayern

Can we now draw Chelski or is the avoiding teams of the same country of origin rule still in place  ???
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:12 am

laza wrote:
azriahmad wrote:I would fancy us against Lyon and Endhoven but not Bayern. They are usually very organised and have a deadly striker in Mackaay. I wish we can say the same about our strikers as our best one is CL cup tied and Baros seemed to have gone off the boil, despite getting a goal against Leverkusen.

I agree i prefer Lyon or PSV not Bayern

Can we now draw Chelski or is the avoiding teams of the same country of origin rule still in place  ???

i think we can draw them, going by last year chelski played the @rse in the quarters
112-1077774096

Postby laza » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:51 am

good point, cheers for that
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:08 am

I think we need to avoid the Italian Clubs.

No spanish clubs in the last 8, who would have thought?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ronmeister » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:55 am

I actually hope we draw Chelski i think we will do them more than anything because we have a point to prove.
ronmeister

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion