Latest on new players

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mike72 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:10 pm

Are the arrivals of Gonzalez, Fabio Aurelio and Paletta done deals now or not?  I know we were trying to get a work permit for Gonzalez.  And I keep hearing that talks are at an advanced stage with Sevilla for Alves.  If so I'd be more than happy with our squad as long as we add another striker before the start of the season.
mike72

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:00 pm

First of all, please edit your post and put a question mark after the title. It sounds like you have news on new signings without it, and I'm sure a ton of users will click in and instantly curse your name.

Basically, we don't know. I expect, however, an absolute flurry of activity on July 1st (when the transfer window officially reopens), and potentially a double or triple unveiling of players.
ivor_the_injun

Postby GOAT » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:54 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:First of all, please edit your post and put a question mark after the title. It sounds like you have news on new signings without it, and I'm sure a ton of users will click in and instantly curse your name.

Basically, we don't know. I expect, however, an absolute flurry of activity on July 1st (when the transfer window officially reopens), and potentially a double or triple unveiling of players.

Yeah would be fantastic to unveil gonzalez, alves and bellamy on july 1st, then hopefully another striker not long after
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby XSD » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:11 am

Kuyt was due to be sealed after Holland's world cup exit, so expect him to be doing a medical in the next few days.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:02 am

Bellamy, Gonzales, Palleta, Aurelio, Kuyt and Alves to be unveiled in the next week to 10 days!! :)
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:37 am

XSD wrote:Kuyt was due to be sealed after Holland's world cup exit, so expect him to be doing a medical in the next few days.

I hope not, from what I've seen in the World cup, he's not good enough. He works hard sure, but I really don't think he's good enough for us. He was poor against Portugal, and I have no idea why RVN didn't replace him? 

If we splash out 10mn on him, I have a feeling we'll end up regretting it.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:25 am

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:Bellamy, Gonzales, Palleta, Aurelio, Kuyt and Alves to be unveiled in the next week to 10 days!! :)

Sounding very "Welsh Wizzard-esque" there Hacksaw..  :D

Where's Pennant??
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:05 am

LFC #1 wrote:
XSD wrote:Kuyt was due to be sealed after Holland's world cup exit, so expect him to be doing a medical in the next few days.

I hope not, from what I've seen in the World cup, he's not good enough. He works hard sure, but I really don't think he's good enough for us. He was poor against Portugal, and I have no idea why RVN didn't replace him? 

Precisely.....I have seen Kuyt in about 10 matches and each time he looked pretty average to me.  :no
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kewellandthegang » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:07 am

any up date on our signing off the bs ?
kewellandthegang

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:35 am

LFC #1 wrote:

LFC#1, Kuyt isn't a target man! he played upfront alone and he needs a partner, the same as crouch.

He was awful with Holland in the WC because he either played alone upfront or he was played out of position on the right or left of midfield.

With Feynoord he is amazing, playing really well and creating loads of chances. He has a big potential to become a very good player in Liverpool. I think he is a good squad player, he can give us extra energy in our strikeforce and give us needed assists to score goals.

We can't judge him only with Holland, but as other people said 8m-10 max!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:46 am

Palletta is a done deal gonzales depends on Chiles fifa ranking and alves will sign tomorrow, with Bellamy and hopefully Simao we are at last ready to challenge Chelsea, but our best signing so far is RAFA
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby joko » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:18 am

another bid failure? :(

Liverpool could be ready to pull the plug on their move for Sevilla star Daniel Alves.

sky sports
The Reds have been chasing the Brazilian for some time and Rafa Benitez is thought to have made him one of his top summer transfer targets.

The FA Cup holders have so far been frustrated in their attempts to bring Alves to Anfield with Sevilla trying to price him out of a move.

Sevilla are keen to keep the attacking full back and are holding out for around £10 million for the player.

Liverpool are unwilling to meet their valuation and the player's agent Jose Rodriguez Baster revealed Benitez is ready to look elsewhere if a deal can not be done.

"We're trying to reach a deal but it is not easy," said Baster.

"If it's not sorted Benitez will search for other alternatives."
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:34 pm

Reds D-day for winger

Jun 26 2006

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

MARK GONZALEZ will discover next week if he can begin his Liverpool career.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez and chief executive Rick Parry will attend a hearing which determines if the Chile winger has been given a work permit.

A specially convened panel assembled by the department for education and employment will decide the case.

If Gonzalez gets the go-ahead, he can begin pre-season training with the rest of the squad.

The hearing takes place on Wednesday, July 5.

Meanwhile, Liverpool and Seville have reached stalemate in negotiations for Brazilian winger Daniel Alves.

Talks were set to continue today as Benitez decides whether to call off his pursuit of the right winger.

Steven Gerrard believes Wayne Rooney's return to fitness can fireEngland to World Cup glory.

"It will be crucial for the team if he keeps getting fitter and fitter," claimed Gerrard.

"If he gets a goal for his confidence as well I'm surehe can lead us all the way."

Portugal will be without the suspended Deco and Costinha for the clash next Saturday.

Link
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:39 pm

A player who i would welcome at Anfield is Miguel he looks pacey and a strong tackler any thoughts ppl:and he is a lot better than Kromkamp who looks out of his depth
Last edited by clik on Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:06 pm

clik wrote:Palletta is a done deal gonzales depends on Chiles fifa ranking and alves will sign tomorrow, with Bellamy and hopefully Simao we are at last ready to challenge Chelsea, but our best signing so far is RAFA

Are you serious ?

Why on earth would Rafas spend £25m approx on two players for the same position ??
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion