Latest on new players

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GOAT » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:51 pm

joko wrote:another bid failure? :(

Liverpool could be ready to pull the plug on their move for Sevilla star Daniel Alves.

sky sports
The Reds have been chasing the Brazilian for some time and Rafa Benitez is thought to have made him one of his top summer transfer targets.

The FA Cup holders have so far been frustrated in their attempts to bring Alves to Anfield with Sevilla trying to price him out of a move.

Sevilla are keen to keep the attacking full back and are holding out for around £10 million for the player.

Liverpool are unwilling to meet their valuation and the player's agent Jose Rodriguez Baster revealed Benitez is ready to look elsewhere if a deal can not be done.

"We're trying to reach a deal but it is not easy," said Baster.

"If it's not sorted Benitez will search for other alternatives."

Very worrying, i hope this is just a tactic by rafa to speed the deal along. I hope a deal is struck in the end as there is no one i would want rafa to get more for that right wing, i dont want us to scrap this.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Rafa D » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:12 pm

clik wrote:A player who i would welcome at Anfield is Miguel he looks pacey and a strong tackler any thoughts ppl:and he is a lot better than Kromkamp who looks out of his depth

And how are you basing your assumption than Big Jan is out of his depth? In the handful of games he has started?

Jan Krompkamp is a new player to Liverpool and it takes time to settle down, learn the Premiership, learn the system etc. Big Jan has played only a handful of games and although he has not done anything spectatular he has done the basics very well - the Liverpool way.

In the F.A Cup Final he was one of the best players on the pitch and also he played very well against Man Utd when he came on (if its the right game!).

Krompkamp looks a solid player for me who was a great piece of business by Rafa. Slating the lad after 1/2 a season with the club where he has only started a handful of games is at best ridiculous, either your a 10 year old child or your don't have any grasp of football.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:18 pm

A bit off topic but Jan Krompkamp is never going to be known as Big Jan, there is more meat on a seagulls lip.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:26 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:A bit off topic but Jan Krompkamp is never going to be known as Big Jan, there is more meat on a seagulls lip.

Leon, surely you know the Big Jan song?!?

I cannot repeat it for obvious reasons ( I also don't know all the words) but Big Jan was a legend on the way back from Cardiff.

Just because of the height and frame of the man , Big Jan it is.  :buttrock
Last edited by Rafa D on Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:34 pm

i take ya points but kromkamp will not make it as a l/pool player to say i have no grasp of the game is infantile i truly hope you are right Rafa-Dodd but i fear he wont be a success and definately not a regular in 1st eleven, van basten played a centre half at right back last night instead of jan. why? cos he aint good enough
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby Rafa D » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:00 pm

clik wrote:i take ya points but kromkamp will not make it as a l/pool player to say i have no grasp of the game is infantile i truly hope you are right Rafa-Dodd but i fear he wont be a success and definately not a regular in 1st eleven, van basten played a centre half at right back last night instead of jan. why? cos he aint good enough

The reason he is not a regular in our first eleven is because Steve Finnan had the best season of his life last year and got all the credit he derserved. How does Jan do anything about then when he has been at the club for a few months?

Jan will see a lot more game time next year, he will know the system, know the players, know the league and will perform at a higher standard, although I believe his standard has been steady already. Finnan  will have to work a lot harder for his place next year and Jan has all the attributes to be a class act for this club.

You ask why Kromkamp was not picked last night by Van Basten? I know Van basten seems to hold a grudge for coming to Liverpool, Van Basten was quoted as saying coming to Liverpool was a bad move for him and would jepodise his World Cup place. Kromkamp came anyway so I respect him for that, maybe he hasn't had enough game time and Van basten isn't as scared as Sven to drop players, or maybe Marco holds a grudge.

Your view that Kromkamps career at liverpool is as good as over angered me. Its the same view I hear about loads of players the moment they have a bad game or a bad run, it happens a lot, people don't seem to give anyone a chance if they don't blow the world away on the first few games for a new club - a trend that is developing that is bad for the game. It seems your writing the fella off before he has even had a good crack of the whip.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:09 pm

fair point rafa-dodd but i aint so sure, he will get his chance and i hope he can perform to a level that is needed and yes Finnan was immense last year the most improved player at l/pool i just hope kromkamp can improve like Finnan
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby XSD » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:11 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
clik wrote:Palletta is a done deal gonzales depends on Chiles fifa ranking and alves will sign tomorrow, with Bellamy and hopefully Simao we are at last ready to challenge Chelsea, but our best signing so far is RAFA

Are you serious ?

Why on earth would Rafas spend £25m approx on two players for the same position ??

Alves is best at right back and Simao at right midfield, they could be lethal in the same side, not too much defending though.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:07 pm

i've seen him play quite alot and i  personally regard Kuyt as being an Alan Shearer type striker. Can be a real pain in the neck and has a good eye for goal. He is not the fastest player around but he does have a great turn of pace on him and is sharp on the turn.

Let us not bring his world cup performance into our thoughts because van basten simply did not play him in the main striker role which he prefers.

So let's not judge a book by its cover.

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:03 am

Since the Aurelio's thread in the rumours section has been locked :glare: ........ i am posting here. Looks like Aurelio will be our latest signing.

1)
http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s386/st99438.htm?fromrss=1

Fabio Aurelio will complete his transfer from Valencia to Liverpool this week-end. The Brazilian is thought to have signed a four year deal with the Reds.
The 26 year old will officially become a Red on the 1st of July along with Craig Bellamy and Gabrielle Paletta.
Mark Gonzales will have to wait an extra day or two until his work permit is granted. By that time Rafa Benitez also hopes to have signed a fifth player with another two following later in the summer.

2)
http://www.liverpool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=22612

Liverpool are set to sign their first Brazilian player when Fabio Aurelio signs from Valencia over the weekend.

The 27yr old defender will sign a four-year deal at Anfield and represents yet another great piece of business by the club as due to his contract running out at the Mestalla, he arrives on a Bosman.

The exciting left-back will join up with fellow new signings Craig Bellamy and Gabriel Paletta and the rest of Liverpool's non-World Cup players for pre-season training at Melwood next week.

3)
http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/news/06/june/2801.htm

FABIO TIME!

Fabio: From Valencia 
Fabio Aurelio will officially become the latest Liverpool player on July 1st.

The 27-year-old Brazilian left back, who is signing on a free Bosman deal from Valencia, will start pre-season training with the rest of Liverpool's non-World Cup internationals next week.

Benitez will welcome at least three new faces to Melwood when the players return, with Aurelio joining fellow South American Gabriel Paletta and new striker Craig Bellamy.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:31 pm

" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:49 pm

clik wrote:van basten played a centre half at right back last night instead of jan. why? cos he aint good enough

Wrong. Because Van Basten is a poor coach.  The lad he played at right back was the weak link in the Dutch defence.  I don't think Kromkamp's a top class player or anything, but he looks pretty solid and is comfortable on the ball, easily better than the joker Van Basten played ahead of him.  Just look at some of his other baffling decisions, like not selecting experienced players like Makaay and Seedorf, and not bringing Van Nistelrooy on in the Portugal game when they were crying out for a finisher.  The job is too big for him and he'll be out on his ear before long, or else he'll jump before he's pushed.

As for Kromkamp, there have obviously been rumours he wants to go back to Hollland.  If he does, then fair enough, he's a squad player and we'd get about 3 million for him.  If he wants to stay and fight for the right back position, then that's also fine, he looks a decent enough player to me and if he ever gets a run in the team we might see what he's really capable of.  We've mainly seen him played out of position at right mid so far, so I can't believe some people are writing him off as not good enough already.
Last edited by JC_81 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:58 pm

XSD wrote:Kuyt was due to be sealed after Holland's world cup exit, so expect him to be doing a medical in the next few days.

I hope not the guy looked out of his depth in the World Cup, yes I do take into consideration that he was played out pf position, but he didn't fill me with bags of confidence after his shall we say less than impressive performance against Portugal.
48-1119859832

Postby -Taimur- » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:19 pm

Paletta is in, Bellamy, Aurelio will sign on Satarday and a Rw will come in soon. Alves if a deal is accepted by Sevilla, if not Rafa will go for Simao, but if Benfica want to much it'll be Pennant.
-Taimur-

Postby callaway360 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:05 pm

what is this about paletta? (sorry if spelling is wrong) above it said its a done deal...is this true?
Last edited by callaway360 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
we love yu liverpool we do,
OOOH LIVERPOOL WE LOVE YU
callaway360

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion