Latest on baros

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:26 pm

Sky Sports

Schalke have officially pulled out of the race to sign Milan Baros, paving the way for the Czech Republic international to move to the mystery club discussing a transfer with Liverpool.

Aston Villa and West Ham are both keen on the talented striker and Liverpool have made it clear that they will not entertain the prospect of loaning out the 23-year-old.

A straight cash deal is being negotiated as Baros's future is set to be decided within a matter of days.

Schalke had agreed personal terms with Baros but finally learned, rather unsurprisingly, that Liverpool were not prepared to farm out the player on a temporary basis.

"The club only want to sell the player and is not interested in a loan move," admitted Royal Blues managing director Rudi Assauer on the club's official website after a telephone conference with Liverpool officials.

"But we can't afford the €8 million or €10 million; that's impossible and, therefore, Milan Baros won't join Schalke 04."

Schalke landed Danish striker Soren Larsen from Djurgardens over the weekend but coach Ralf Rangnick had hoped that Baros's arrival would strengthen his squad.

After selling controversial Brazilian forward Ailton to Turkish giants Besiktas, Rangnick will now have to settle with the four strikers at his disposal as he has Larsen, Kevin Kuranyi, Gerald Asamoah and Danish veteran Ebbe Sand in his squad.

"I don't think that Schalke is his only option," commented agent Pavel Paska on Monday to MF Dnes.

"Liverpool will now have the key. It is a question of hours or a few days.

"It will be decided soon. It's nonsense [to say he will leave on loan]."

So what now? I doubt that he will join Villa or West Ham. What other clubs are interested in him and are willing to pay 7 million but can provide him CL footie?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby neil » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:29 pm

Please be Villarreal
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:35 pm

neil wrote:Please be Villarreal

:laugh:
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:42 pm

More on what Rafa had to say about Baros

Benitez refused to rule Luis Figo out of his plans after weeks of transfer speculation.

The Reds boss said: "`He is still training with Real Madrid and that means he is available.

"As for Milan Baros, he is still our player. Some clubs are interested in the player but we have never said we are unhappy with Milan and have not said that we want to sell him.

"We have good strikers here, (Fernando) Morientes, (Djibril) Cisse, Crouch, (Anthony) Le Tallec, (Neil) Mellor, (Florent) Sinama-Pongolle and Baros. The aim is to use them all in all of the competitions.

"As for a centre half, we are looking in England and abroad, but it is not easy because many other clubs are looking for a central defender.

"But we have a youngster, Zak Whitbread, training with the squad and that will continue while we look to strengthen our squad.

"We still have plenty of time to look around, it is not important that we sign people in the next few days."

Djimi Traore, Harry Kewell, Mellor and Sinama-Pongolle are all still injured and missing from the squad to face Kaunas.

Steve Finnan, who missed last week’s first leg with sickness, should return.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:48 pm

Turkish papers wrote today that he would go to Schalke..

If becomes fact, good choice for him
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby philchampionsl2005 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:23 pm

i personally think now that baros will stay as rafa again has mentioned schalke have pulled out of the deal now we want cash i hope this is the case think we need him.
philchampionsl2005

Postby Afroman » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:28 pm

I wouldn't mind Baros staying but he won't
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:42 am

Reat this Guardian link:
The Guardian website

It appears that Moyes and Neverton is interested in Baros now that Andy Johnson will remain at Palace.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The King of LFC Newkit » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:45 am

Its a blessing! we should keep Milan, our BEST striker!

Rico, from portugal., via spain
The King of LFC Newkit

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:50 am

Sporting Life reports that Baros and Dudek will be left out again in the CL,.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The King of LFC Newkit » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:53 am

wella amigo ,if they do playo ill let you knowa,

Barosa aint gonna know whereo!

Rico
The King of LFC Newkit

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:00 am

wella amigo ,if they do playo ill let you knowa,

Barosa aint gonna know whereo!

Jode tu madre pendejo
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:14 am

azriahmad wrote:Reat this Guardian link:
The Guardian website

It appears that Moyes and Neverton is interested in Baros now that Andy Johnson will remain at Palace.

Its also on the back of the Mirror and the post (local liverpool paper) for anyone who doesnt know.
It says in the Mirror moyes will make a 5 million bid, in the post it says upto 7 million.
I wouldnt sell him for 10 million to them, the thought of us selling a player who is obviously going to improve there team to them is not a good one.
I wouldnt even fancy selling him to another english club but definately not the bl@e sh@te.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby moribentarse » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:12 pm

i dont like baros but will be happy if we sign him as he is better than what we have and is also better than peter crouch
moribentarse

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:19 pm

moribentarse wrote:i dont like baros but will be happy if we sign him as he is better than what we have and is also better than peter crouch

A really good comparison, with points made well.

Better than Crouch how ?
Scores more ?
Brings team mates into play ?
Doesn't sulk much ?
Takes his chances on a shots to goals ratio (this one is a guess but surley Crouchs shots to goals record will be better)
Taller ?
:D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion