Last orders! - Lets stop worrying...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red Red Tom » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:38 pm

You've told your mate what you want to drink - its his round.  He's gone to the bar.  Been gone 5 minutes.  You hear a bell.  "LAST ORDERS PEOPLE!"  Don't worry.  Rafa has it covered.  If he gets to the bar and they are out Guiness, he won't bring you a pint of Stella.  The bar will be open tommorow.  You can save your cash till then.

If we don't sign anybody, which is a possibilty, then its not the end of the world.  If we do - great.  But if not, we've still had our fill this summer, Hobbs is going to be a star apparently, Sissoko looks like the signing of the year, Barragan, Crouchy... we've been busy.  If we miss out on the rush of deadline day that is the Last Orders of transfers - so be it.  Better to spend the money on January on the Guiness you wanted first time round, than a Stella that really isn't any better than Garcia at filling that right winger slot.  It's not the end of the world.

Tom
Red Red Tom

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:39 pm

this thread is :censored: :censored:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:40 pm

agree.

I think Bonera and Sombosa will be signed and sealed by the end of today...........I hope  :lookaround
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:41 pm

Red Red Tom wrote:You've told your mate what you want to drink - its his round.  He's gone to the bar.  Been gone 5 minutes.  You hear a bell.  "LAST ORDERS PEOPLE!"  Don't worry.  Rafa has it covered.  If he gets to the bar and they are out Guiness, he won't bring you a pint of Stella.  The bar will be open tommorow.  You can save your cash till then.

If we don't sign anybody, which is a possibilty, then its not the end of the world.  If we do - great.  But if not, we've still had our fill this summer, Hobbs is going to be a star apparently, Sissoko looks like the signing of the year, Barragan, Crouchy... we've been busy.  If we miss out on the rush of deadline day that is the Last Orders of transfers - so be it.  Better to spend the money on January on the Guiness you wanted first time round, than a Stella that really isn't any better than Garcia at filling that right winger slot.  It's not the end of the world.

Tom

Tom and your point is understood but in the context of things doesn't help much  :rasp
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Red Tom » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:42 pm

mistyred wrote:
Red Red Tom wrote:You've told your mate what you want to drink - its his round.  He's gone to the bar.  Been gone 5 minutes.  You hear a bell.  "LAST ORDERS PEOPLE!"  Don't worry.  Rafa has it covered.  If he gets to the bar and they are out Guiness, he won't bring you a pint of Stella.  The bar will be open tommorow.  You can save your cash till then.

Tom

Tom and your point is understood but in the context of things doesn't help much  :rasp

Alright, point taken - but Rafa is right not to be held to ransom, surely?
Red Red Tom

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:43 pm

By january we could be out the champs league and other comps.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:47 pm

By january we could be out the champs league and other comps

nothing like being optimistic, is there?  :glare:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roey316 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:57 pm

If my mate went the bar at last orders and came back with no ale cos the Guiness had run out I would kill him where he stood.
YNWA. Justice for the 96.
roey316

Postby drummerphil » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:02 pm

cisse looks like a guinness in your avatar  :p
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:03 pm

I think toms an alcoholic
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:09 pm

Its just said  a deal to take Solano back too newcastle has been agreed.......another one we have let go
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:13 pm

drummerphil wrote:cisse looks like a guinness in your avatar  :p

lol  :laugh:
kopite_1232002

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:16 pm

Tom

tell Rafa to get back to the f ucking bar and get me a Murphies. Get me anything, we're all f ucking gagging here!
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:05 pm

Theres nothing worse then the feeling of disappointment.

Im not pis.sed because we missed out on Owen, Im :censored: because Rafa didnt get his man.

Im not sure, but could too much time of been wasted on contemplating signing him and making these pointless phone calls, when we should of been going out and doing whats more important in the long run of the team. Instead of leaving it to the last minute.

Im not even pi.ssed because we didnt get a center back, because I feel that Zak Witbread should be suffient cover at least untill January, even if Sami is ageing and getting slower by the second

Im pi.ssed because we have always lacked real width and i dont think we have had a proper winger in years.And with Rafa persiting to play Morientes this is when we really need someone who can cross the damn football.

We just dont seem to have any balance to the team what so ever. And i hadn't worried about it when watching games because i thought 'Rafa will find his man' but it doesnt seem like its going to happen for a long time.

Im probably going to get trashed for saying this but SWP maybe overpriced at £20M, but could well of easily paid off if we got 3rd in the Prem and won the F.A. Cup as well as progressing through to the Knockout stages of the Champions League. Him and Riise would of gave us some real width (I dread not to think about the possiblity of Mark Gonzalez) and then Morientes could really let loose.

I know the opertuntiy is gone now but for the first time I am starting to doubt if Liverpool making the Top4 let alone break into the top3.

When You Thought Life Couldnt Get Any Worse, It Turns Around And Kicks You In The Balls.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:26 pm

Dudeks No.1 Fan wrote:By january we could be out the champs league and other comps.

Eh? we won it with an injury strucken, smaller squad last season.  :rasp
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion