Last orders! - Lets stop worrying...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mistyred » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:36 pm

it's the excitment of bringing in players that's getting people :)
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:45 pm

oh well no one signed .......will it stop me being a fan....... No
will i love this club until the day i die..............................yes
Are we not the European Champions ..............................yes
would it matter if we weren't.........................................not at all
so rain or shine  Liverpool forever i will be

we dont need superstar signings,its our team and whoever comes and whoever goes....Liverpool fc  will
always be........

right enough of that :censored:

(opens a guinness)
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:52 pm

thanks for the war cry, but fans have a right to question the whole summers lack of a CB and RW success.  not the last two bloddy hours, which noone is stupid enough to criticise.

yeah everyone will get on with what we have, its not like we have a choice. 

But Rafa must wonder why Parry can't sort these deals out. Even that Spanish guy Marcel Garcia something who represents rafa in Spanish and portugese negotiations, he has to stand up and be counted.

Its a good thing nobody knows what he looks like.
:laugh:
109-1093441336

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:56 pm

But Rafa must wonder why Parry can't sort these deals out. Even that Spanish guy Marcel Garcia something who represents rafa in Spanish and portugese negotiations, he has to stand up and be counted.

Why is Parry at fault? If you're going to blame someone please blame the person with good enough reasons behind it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:58 pm

Did somone speak?
109-1093441336

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:59 pm

What was that?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:02 pm

Rick Parry snatched Rafeal Benitez, the most celebrated manager in La Liga (which is the most competitive league in the world), and who had just won the Spanish Championship and UEFA Cup.................so Rick Parry is bad at transfer dealings? ???
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:05 pm

I myself JBG don't understand that as well. Why should we overspend on every single player we're interested in? Was it necessery for us to bend over backwards to sign Owen and spend 17 million on a player that we've sold for 8 million, and Madrid have only payed half of that.

Why should we pay 13 million pounds for a 5'9 Argentinian CB hobbit. Why should we spend an extra 2 million pounds on Figo when he was supposed to be let go for free in the first place?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:08 pm

Defend him all you want, he also bought in EHD and his ilk too.

The whoppers are certanly trying there hardest to make lamb from mutton. i'll give em that.
109-1093441336

Postby neilE » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:08 pm

Alonso14 wrote:Theres nothing worse then the feeling of disappointment.

Im not pis.sed because we missed out on Owen, Im :censored: because Rafa didnt get his man.

Im not sure, but could too much time of been wasted on contemplating signing him and making these pointless phone calls, when we should of been going out and doing whats more important in the long run of the team. Instead of leaving it to the last minute.

Im not even pi.ssed because we didnt get a center back, because I feel that Zak Witbread should be suffient cover at least untill January, even if Sami is ageing and getting slower by the second

Im pi.ssed because we have always lacked real width and i dont think we have had a proper winger in years.And with Rafa persiting to play Morientes this is when we really need someone who can cross the damn football.

We just dont seem to have any balance to the team what so ever. And i hadn't worried about it when watching games because i thought 'Rafa will find his man' but it doesnt seem like its going to happen for a long time.

Im probably going to get trashed for saying this but SWP maybe overpriced at £20M, but could well of easily paid off if we got 3rd in the Prem and won the F.A. Cup as well as progressing through to the Knockout stages of the Champions League. Him and Riise would of gave us some real width (I dread not to think about the possiblity of Mark Gonzalez) and then Morientes could really let loose.

I know the opertuntiy is gone now but for the first time I am starting to doubt if Liverpool making the Top4 let alone break into the top3.

When You Thought Life Couldnt Get Any Worse, It Turns Around And Kicks You In The Balls.

spooky - my totally agree, as per my post in the other thread. SWP - would have been great, but if we had managed to match Chelski's bid, they would have just offered more. To the best of my knowledge, Stevie is the only player in the world they want but cant get.
As for the last orders analogy from Tom - sorry mate, but if my last chance of a drink till January was tonight - no Guinness - get me Stella, get me ANYTHING!!!  :p
neilE

Postby JBG » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:10 pm

meelan#5 wrote:Defend him all you want, he also bought in EHD and his ilk too.

The whoppers are certanly trying there hardest to make lamb from mutton. i'll give em that.

Liverpool are a club in which the manager signs the players, not the board.

Gerrard Houllier wanted El Hadji Diouff, and the board went out and bought him.

The merits of Diouff as a player or not is irrelevant, its about the board backing the manager's decisions.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby is-stan-bul » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:14 pm

Why is everyone being so down???
We are the freakin' champions of europe ffs and after what we achieved last season we should still be savouring the achievement as fans and get behind the boys.(Please note the previous isn't a gay reference  :D ).
OK so it looks like we're not going to sign anyone but i'd rather we go with what we've got than sign some second rate cr@p that would have us all ripping our hair out every week.
is-stan-bul

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:15 pm

Sack Parry , bring back Art Garfunkel.
109-1093441336

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:19 pm

Seriously though, From European Champions to rummaging around at a car boot sale before it closes, in a matter of months.

Don't kid yourself that we need cover for Hyppia and Carra- we need a central defender, end of.

gof forbif if Jamie were to get a four week injury playing for England on Saturday
109-1093441336

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:22 pm

JBG wrote:Liverpool are a club in which the manager signs the players, not the board.

Gerrard Houllier wanted El Hadji Diouff, and the board went out and bought him.

The merits of Diouff as a player or not is irrelevant, its about the board backing the manager's decisions.

I refer to an article last week:
....................................................................................

Rafael Benitez today admitted he’s happy with his summer transfer dealings - as he prepares to put the finishing touches to his new look squad over the next week.
Benitez still wants to sign a central defender and a right winger before the transfer deadline

The Liverpool manager is hoping to complete his squad before the end of the month and he admits he's thankful to the club's board for their financial backing over the past few weeks.

He said: "We find a player and say here is the price and then it's a yes or no.

"I said I wanted Pepe Reina and the club signed Pepe Reina, we wanted Crouch and the club signed Crouch, I say Sissoko and the club signed Sissoko and Zenden the same. I cannot say I've been frustrated.

"I cannot complain about money because the board have backed me. I have asked for players and they have delivered them. There is more money and we have more targets.

"The money we will get from the next phase of the Champions League, we have already planned to use. It is already spent because after the result in the first leg against CSKA Sofia we were confident we could progress.

"We want a centre-half, and the money from Baros will go towards that and paying for Peter Crouch. But we have other options. We are confident we will deliver them before the deadline if we secure the right price.

"It depends on the type of player and how much we have to pay. I have a responsibility to spend the money on a player who will be good enough for Liverpool - if I can't I won't spend the money.

"I went one whole year without signing one player for Valencia so I can handle that situation. But we have our ideas, we know where we are going.

"The most important thing for me is to have hungry players, not just players with a name or experience. We don't need a lot of money at the moment, just from the transfer of maybe Baros and then we can buy the players that we need."
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion