L.f.c player of the season 2010/11 - Who is yours?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

L.f.c player of the season 2010/11 - Who is yours?

Pepe Reina
11%
Martin Kelly
2%
Raul Meireles
10%
Lucas Levia
42%
Stephen Gerrard
No votes
Dirk Kuyt
28%
Luis Suarez
6%
Jamie Carragher
1%
Daniel Agger
No votes
Other (please state)
No votes

Total votes : 89

Postby roberto green » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:53 am

It's that time of year again, I will keep it short and sweet without writing The Lord of the rings 1,00,000 page essay  :D ,

So who is your player of the season, mine is to the most consistent player over the season..........

Lucas Leiva.

:)
roberto green

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:09 am

Pepe Reina.

Followed by Suarez (big call I know but what Suarez has done in his short amount of time far outweighs the dross witnessed before KK took over).

and in bronze position Lucas
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:35 am

Lucas

For his consistency over the season so far
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:00 am

Kenny Kan wrote:Pepe Reina.

Followed by Suarez (big call I know but what Suarez has done in his short amount of time far outweighs the dross witnessed before KK took over).

Suarez ?
he played how many games? 7?

???

mine is Carra, saved us countless time on countless occassions.
Gerrard didnt played enu games for us this season so i exclude him.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:02 am

I went with Kuyt.  During a time that started last season, all the way until T&T were ousted, there was one thing you could be sure of.  Dirk Kuyt giving 100% every match.  A few big goals this season, deadly penalty taker.  He's also been put into a position as playing as a right mid most times and helping not one but two Academy lads shine at RB.

Second for me would be Lucas.  Just steady all season.  Funny that the two I am most critical of are in my top two this year.  Pepe would get third.  The year started horribly for him with the biggest gaffe of an own goal since Risse.  He did step up and raise his hand after a couple of losses that he (and rightfully so) laid on himself.  Let's face it, those six points he blames on himself would put us 0ne point out of fourth at the moment.  Harsh?  Maybe.  However, it is what it is.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:24 am

Loooocas
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:37 am

This is a difficult question to answer... under Roy everyone was pretty awful.  Lots of players have improved so much since Kenny arrived.  Since Kenny arrived we're more of a team than any one specific player.

I voted Lucas because he has been quite consistent without being amazing.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:38 am

I felt Lucas or Kuyt and ultimately gave it to Kuyt because he's done a lot for us this season.  Lucas was good for us, but our club was just inconsistent.  Every player had great games and garbage games.  Kuyt is our top scorer and joint top assister, so it has to go to home because of the games that he has won for us.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby parchpea » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:40 am

Kuyt deserves it this time. No one has stood out but this lad has given everything and scored some big goals including a hatrick against the Mancs. He is prob one of most under rated footballers in the league Kuyt, teams need a mix of characteristics and this fella steps up to the plate week in week out. Terrific team player and model professional.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:05 am

Octsky wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:Pepe Reina.

Suarez ?
he played how many games? 7?

???

mine is Carra, saved us countless time on countless occassions.
Gerrard didnt played enu games for us this season so i exclude him.

Suarez yes..

Just highlights how average we've been for the most part.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:24 am

i voted for Meireles as his goals were so vital in helping us climb up the table. if it wasn't him, i would vote for Kuyt but not Lucas. Lucas has been the most IMPROVED player but to say he is the player of the season is simply overrating him. his role in the line-up isn't glamorous but there's not been a game where you could say Lucas stood out or won us the game. it's always Reina making some super save, Suarez tearing up defenses, Kuyt scoring important goals or Carragher making timely tackles. perhaps some are so used to seeing average football that when one makes an improvement, it's a big deal.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:10 am

Kuyt for me. Lucas second.

Kuyt edges it purely for providing key goals at key times this season. He really stepped up in terms of responsibility. That said Lucas has done similar just without the goals.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:19 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Kuyt for me. Lucas second.

Kuyt edges it purely for providing key goals at key times this season. He really stepped up in terms of responsibility. That said Lucas has done similar just without the goals.

this.

He currently has 8 goals in his last 10 games....

And a hatrick against Utd to boot!!!!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:46 am

Kuyt over Lucas JUST.

Dirk went on a bit of a terrible run at the turn of the year where he looked absolutely shattered but his form since then has been fantastic, and against City he put in the performance of the season for me, never mind his hattrick from 4yds against Utd, against the blue half of Manchester I swear to God you'd have been forgiven for thinking there was 3 of him on the pitch. Total engine, incredible winning mindset and quite possibly the best penalty taker in the league.

Nice one Mr Kuyt - you earned that contract extension and apparently a few guys have taken notice that if you start putting a shift in you get rewarded at LFC under King Kenny and have started to follow suit.
burjennio

Postby tubby » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:08 pm

Would have to go with Dirk. But Lucas' improvment should not be overlooked. The fact that he has been nominated just goes to show how far he has come along.
Last edited by tubby on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion