Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Kuyt or crouch

Kuyt
63%
Crouch
37%

Total votes : 60

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:25 pm

well sorry to say i agree with BM in his view of kuyt, he isn't good enough and in my opinion he never will be. but we can all have opinions but there is no need to be condescending when someone disagrees with a view.

obviously rafa is positive about kuyt and he knows better than us so maybe you will end up being right, or maybe you ill be wrong. but on the current evidence he is not good enough, he is a work horse and he doesnt bring much else to the table
112-1077774096

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:27 pm

We have opinions and we can disagree, that's fine.
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:50 pm

stmichael wrote:I'm a fan of both players as they both bring different strengths to the team. However if you gave them both the same number of starts over the course of the season I still maintain that Crouch would score more goals than Kuyt.

However the important thing here is to establish what is the best partnership. As it happens I'd prefer a partnership of Kuyt and Torres rather than Crouch and Torres. Kuyt is more mobile than Crouch and will run off Torres all day long, opening up gaps here and there. Crouch is still a very good player though, and is a very valuable option.

I look at it in a similar way to England in the mid nineties. In a way Kuyt was like Sheringham then. He'd never score a great number of goals but he worked superbly with a fellow striker (Shearer).

I'd certainly agree with this.  I rate Crouch more highly as a goal-scorer but think that Kuyt provides a better foil for Torres.  I also agree with Big Mick that this partnership should be given a run of games to build up an understanding.  At some point this season, though, I want to see Torres and Crouch paired in order to see what kind of problems they could cause a team.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:02 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
stmichael wrote:I'm a fan of both players as they both bring different strengths to the team. However if you gave them both the same number of starts over the course of the season I still maintain that Crouch would score more goals than Kuyt.

However the important thing here is to establish what is the best partnership. As it happens I'd prefer a partnership of Kuyt and Torres rather than Crouch and Torres. Kuyt is more mobile than Crouch and will run off Torres all day long, opening up gaps here and there. Crouch is still a very good player though, and is a very valuable option.

I look at it in a similar way to England in the mid nineties. In a way Kuyt was like Sheringham then. He'd never score a great number of goals but he worked superbly with a fellow striker (Shearer).

I'd certainly agree with this.  I rate Crouch more highly as a goal-scorer but think that Kuyt provides a better foil for Torres.  I also agree with Big Mick that this partnership should be given a run of games to build up an understanding.  At some point this season, though, I want to see Torres and Crouch paired in order to see what kind of problems they could cause a team.

While I can see why you would see a better partnership in Torres and Kuyt, I do think that Crouch will have a much more important role than many people think, meaning, he won't be secondary compared to Kuyt.

Not that you've stated so BadBob, it's just an addition.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:13 pm

Sabre wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

While I can see why you would see a better partnership in Torres and Kuyt, I do think that Crouch will have a much more important role than many people think, meaning, he won't be secondary compared to Kuyt.

Not that you've stated so BadBob, it's just an addition.

Oi, how dare you make a "you" statement about my comments, Sabre!  Pistols at dawn!  :angry:

:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby DazH- » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:03 pm

I'd go for kuyt because of his partnership with torres they look good however I would agree that crouch should be given a chance with torres
DazH-

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:21 pm

Oi, how dare you make a "you" statement about my comments, Sabre!  Pistols at dawn!

pmsl :laugh:  nice one Bob :laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:04 pm

i want voronin to start. :(
maypaxvobiscum

Postby MightyLFC » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:05 pm

FRfanatic wrote:
MightyLFC wrote:
FRfanatic wrote:Stupid poll

I wish for them all (4) to score 15+

How the :censored: is it a stupid poll
It for people to picked and write a comment so are you saying all the other ones are :censored: like mascha or alonso ?

When you have 4 guys for this possition and you have a poll about this one OR that one, it is not a poll. (or a stupid poll).
For all other possitions there are more or less 2 options.
Now it is a discussion like in already 10 other topics.

edit; OK I'm sorry mate, I just noticed you are the topic starter  :rasp

Does not matter mate
MightyLFC

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:05 am

how can people think that kuyt is not good enough and he's only a 'work horse'? he scored 15 goals in his first season... now we're only 2 games into his season... he had a good game against villa, he had a somewhat mediocre game against chelsea and all of a sudden he's not good enough?

I think he's a very good player. he's not world class but he's good enough... I still think he's not playing his ideal game though...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:30 am

its not 'all of a sudden' he is not good enough, last season he wasnt good enough either
112-1077774096

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:54 am

peewee wrote:its not 'all of a sudden' he is not good enough, last season he wasnt good enough either

I think he's a very good player. he's not world class but he's good enough... I still think he's not playing his ideal game though...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SambaPrince » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:08 pm

kuyt is like headless chicken his  performances are below par .Crouch provides more options even though hes had a few bad games he offers 10 times more:blues:
SambaPrince

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:32 pm

Seems timely to mention this, Kuyt away from home has a laughable record :-

DIRK KUYT (LIVERPOOL)

Home : 12 goals in 27 appearances (0.444 goals/app)
Away : 3 goals in 24 appearances (0.125 goals/app)
Neutral : 1 goal in 1 appearance (1.000 goal/app)

Overall : 16 goals in 52 appearances (0.308 goals/app)

No great surprise our away record last season was poor, a striker who played 22 times away managed just 3 goals and this season it's 0 in 2 games. If I was on the right PC* I could give you Crouch's comparitive stats, although most of his goals come against outright ordinary opposition. It is an achilles heel for Kuyt, he needs to be a bit more selfish and get in positions to score like he did last night. Crouch just needs to work on his finishing - power and precision.

*EDIT : I am now!

PETER CROUCH (LIVERPOOL)

Home : 18 goals in 53 appearances (0.340 goals/app)
Away : 11 goals in 43 appearances (0.256 goals/app)
Neutral : 3 goal in 5 appearances (0.600 goal/app)

Overall : 32 goals in 101 appearances (0.317 goals/app)

Not a lot in it, both have around 16 goals per 50 appearances which is not that impressive. Some may refer to their respective records in Europe, well Crouch has plenty of goals against weaker opposition

CROUCH IN EUROPE

vs Maccabi Haifa - 1 goal in 2 appearances
vs Galatasaray - 2 goals in 2 appearances
vs PSV Eindhoven - 3 goals in 3 appearances
vs Toulouse - 1 goal in 2 appearances
vs Bourdeaux - 1 goal in 2 appearances

He has a combined 7 appearances against Betis, Barcelona, Benfica, Milan and Anderlecht without scoring compared with 8 goals in 11 appearances against those listed 'fully'.

I'm doubting either will hit a goal every other game, I rate Kuyt much higher for his all-round game and he doesn't solely depend on playing :censored: teams to boost his scoring
Last edited by Owzat on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:44 pm

SambaPrince wrote:kuyt is like headless chicken his  performances are below par .Crouch provides more options even though hes had a few bad games he offers 10 times more:blues:

Kuyt sets up other players for goals something with Crocuh never seems to do. I am sick and tired of Crouch, really hope we sell him and get Baptista instead. Crouch is far too wasteful in front of goal, where he spends most of his time, instead of tracking back and working hard like Kuyt, and why can't he learn to head the bloody ball, talk about a slow learner!! Crouch is a joke of a striker
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion