Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Kuyt or crouch

Kuyt
63%
Crouch
37%

Total votes : 60

Postby Sabre » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:42 am

Woof has put perfectly my thoughts. Crouch does indeed a lot of more than holding the ball. I can remember scissors kicks, I can remember switching the ball between foots quickly and finnish, I have seen him finnishing in difficult gestures of the body. I don't know if he will become a Liverpool long term player, but I do know his next club won't be a mid team, but a Valencia, Atletico, or one of those. I don't know if up there he's underrated but here he's respected a lot and often mentioned by coachs, and ex team mates  like Morientes.

About an AB's comment, I really never would take McArthy the ex celta player rather than kuyt.

About the squabbles in this thread, I think both sides were perfectly capable of discussing about football and the thread was being decent,  until one point, in which instead of "Kuyt" the word "You" started to appear (no matter who started). Let's keep it about football!!

About S@int's comment about Kuyt's position in Chelsea's goal, he's right, my fault.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MightyLFC » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:44 am

Any one think this was a good thread to start ?
MightyLFC

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:02 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
. I don't agree with LFC2007 on many things but his observation that some on here have "selective memories" rings pretty true

Please elaborate

Read the thread , watch re-runs of last seasons games and then see (for example) if you agree with those who apparently think all Crouch is good for is "holding up a ball".

I dont need to, as I've never said thats all Crouch is good for so .... I know what he brings to the team I dont need to watch last seasons games.
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:07 am

the word "You" started to appear

What where old mate said 'Kuyts got cracking abilities ... and goal threat was one of them'

So I asked ' Did you see him play last season?' Whats wrong with that FFS !

BTW Crouch or Kuyt ........ Hmmmm Last season I definately would of said Crouch hands down, but Kuyt has looked brighter this season so far, probably because he's playing where he should.

Conclusion: Jury's out
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:13 am

There's nothing much wrong with it, and literally, not much in the answer neither. The problem is that when you have a past of discussion with somebody is easier to fallout with him, because everything is a matter of how you interpret.

And that's wrong, because I actually was enjoying both your and his posts.

I think BTW, that you have a point and explain well what are the cons of both players. The debate would be, do you think that we should replace any of them at the end of the season? I don't. I think we ask too much sometimes. I doubt that Pizarro from Chelsea would be a better addition to this squad, and if an English international and a Dutch international are not good enough, not many will be.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:29 am

MightyLFC wrote:Any one think this was a good thread to start ?

:Oo:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby MightyLFC » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:36 am

We need more options upfront to be honest. :p
MightyLFC

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:39 am

I think the problem many of us have with Kuyt is one of high expectation, leading to greater disappointment. When he signed we looked at his goal scoring record and expected him to solve our long standing scoring problem by knocking the goals in, and creating chances for others. As Martin Jol said, 20goals plus 20assists (no wonder Spurs want shut)His start for us again raised expectations as his cameo debut performance was outstanding.

I think Kuyt sometimes takes the easy way out by dropping back and working hard, rather than staying further forward and having to proving he is a goalscorer first and foremost. Strikers live or die by the number of goals they score and make. Would anyone be saying what cracking players Rush,Owen or Fowler were if they had been scoring 12 goals a season?
account deleted by request

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:44 am

Bamaga man wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
. I don't agree with LFC2007 on many things but his observation that some on here have "selective memories" rings pretty true

Please elaborate

Read the thread , watch re-runs of last seasons games and then see (for example) if you agree with those who apparently think all Crouch is good for is "holding up a ball".

I dont need to, as I've never said thats all Crouch is good for so .... I know what he brings to the team I dont need to watch last seasons games.

You asked me to eleborate on a point in my earlier post , which I did.

You then comment on my response with.

Well, maybe you didn't need me to elaborate in the first place , I think you're taking this a bit personally despite the fact that at no point did I attribute any of my comments to your name.

F'uckin' chill out.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:47 am

s@int wrote:Would anyone be saying what cracking players Rush,Owen or Fowler were if they had been scoring 12 goals a season?

of course

goal line sniffing celebration (liverpool)
smackhead celebration (for mancity VS everscum)
5 finger salute (man city)
greame le saux incident
sack dockers incident
maypaxvobiscum

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:53 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Please elaborate

You asked me to eleborate on a point in my earlier post , which I did.

You then comment on my response with.

Well, maybe you didn't need me to elaborate in the first place , I think you're taking this a bit personally despite the fact that at no point did I attribute any of my comments to your name.

F'uckin' chill out.

To be honest Woof I wondered what you meant as well by "selective memories" mate, as most of the posts had been about Kuyt not Crouch.
account deleted by request

Postby Rimetto_ » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:53 am

i voted for Kuyt, because although i think crouch is a good player when he's on the pitch the option to keep knocking it up to him seems to be used to often and this stops us from knocking it around and building up play.

With kuyt dropping off into the hole and linking the play this allows us to form triangles down the flanks which creates space for the wingers to get to the by line, this i feel will be our strength this year because we have the quality now to deliver from wide area's and with torres someone who can get on the end of the cross with power.
Rimetto_

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:06 am

s@int wrote:To be honest Woof I wondered what you meant as well by "selective memories" mate, as most of the posts had been about Kuyt not Crouch.

:D  just trying to broaden the discussion as the original question included Crouch (maybe you forgot ?)   :D  .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:18 am

F'uckin' chill out

Well, I was until you walked in.
66-1112520797

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:06 pm

I'm a fan of both players as they both bring different strengths to the team. However if you gave them both the same number of starts over the course of the season I still maintain that Crouch would score more goals than Kuyt.

However the important thing here is to establish what is the best partnership. As it happens I'd prefer a partnership of Kuyt and Torres rather than Crouch and Torres. Kuyt is more mobile than Crouch and will run off Torres all day long, opening up gaps here and there. Crouch is still a very good player though, and is a very valuable option.

I look at it in a similar way to England in the mid nineties. In a way Kuyt was like Sheringham then. He'd never score a great number of goals but he worked superbly with a fellow striker (Shearer).
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion