Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Kuyt or crouch

Kuyt
63%
Crouch
37%

Total votes : 60

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:48 pm

I just can't understand the negativity given our current form...all four of our strikers have found the net so far this season.  How often have we been able to say that in August over the last few seasons? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby heimdall » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:56 pm

Totally agree we now have 3 very good strikers and one with potential if he just learns how to head the bloody ball!!!  :veryangry
heimdall

Postby AB's Red Army » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:59 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I just can't understand the negativity given our current form...all four of our strikers have found the net so far this season.  How often have we been able to say that in August over the last few seasons? ???

16 goals in 52 appearances is an awful return.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby grayghost » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:47 pm

the 2 of them are :censored: and we should just get rid now while we can. We got Vorinin for nothing and he is better than the 2 of them he works just as hard as dirk but he still gets in to dangerous positions unlike DK and crouch needs 10 chances to score 1 and you just dont get that many chances against the big teams.
grayghost

Postby LFC1982 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:53 pm

I still think Kuyt will comegood for us, Crouch was so wasteful last night you don't get that many sitters against the big teams, if he'd seales a hatrick last night I'd have been happier but still moaning about the easy chances he missed, he really neeeds to cut this out of his game now.  Whereas Kuyt took his 2 goals really well last night but he should of had one more, maybe I'm being harsh but would Rush or Fowler have been so wasteful.
LFC1982

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:56 pm

ive been giving kuyt alot of negative comments but to be fair to him, he played wonderful last night. if only he maintains that form, be sellfish, and play higher up the pitch he can score alot more.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby MightyLFC » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:01 pm

I agree
MightyLFC

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:02 pm

grayghost wrote:the 2 of them are :censored: and we should just get rid now while we can. We got Vorinin for nothing and he is better than the 2 of them he works just as hard as dirk but he still gets in to dangerous positions unlike DK and crouch needs 10 chances to score 1 and you just dont get that many chances against the big teams.

Swap deal - Crouch and cash for Adriano. The hapless hammers seem determined to throw money about, they are in danger of buying someone worthwhile. I wonder if they'll get Nicky Shorey for £5m or £6m, way too much for a full-back but what does Crubbishley know about spending big and buying decent players............. He may actually buy a player I'll wish we had, like MON at villa and psycho keane at slumberland he's spent a fair bit and yet to sign a player of genuine quality. I ran through the slumberland team and they've spent around £30m on players and got what looks like a team capable of getting promotion from the Football League Championship (which may come in handy next season!)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:52 am

sunderland have spent £30 million??

thats shocking
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby AB's Red Army » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:54 am

Puts things in perspective doesn't it?
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:01 am

Bad Bob wrote:I just can't understand the negativity given our current form...all four of our strikers have found the net so far this season.  How often have we been able to say that in August over the last few seasons? ???

It's because certain people choose to p*ss and whine their way through life.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:05 am

Can I point out that, prior to Tuesday's match, Crouch had started 1 club game this season?
Most strikers take a while to find their shooting boots at the beginning of the season.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:32 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:

It's because certain people choose to p*ss and whine their way through life.

some say tomato etc...

i would prefer to say 'some people see it as it is'
112-1077774096

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:23 pm

Don't get me wrong, I would have Kuyt and Torres up front for the majority of games, mainly because they're the best partnership imo, not necessarily because I think they're our best two strikers.

All in all, I can't believe some are slating Crouch for missing sitters. Yes he does, but so do Kuyt, Torres and Voronin. We've not had anyone truly clinical since the earlier years of Owen and Fowler before that.

No one should really slate Crouch either. I thought he took it well last year. He scored goals when he played but still got dropped. The same will happen this year in my opinion.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Gr8 LFC Fan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:42 pm

I well agree with you there Bad Bob, i can't see why everyone isn't happy, isn't the most important thing that we are actually winning most of our PL games @ the mo, more than we use to do. It seams Liverpool just can't make most of you lot happy. In my opinion shouldn't we be backing them all the way. Even if they don't win, a draw is betta then a loss.

You can quote that if you wish but that is my opinion, a i would like to stand up for my team, who we should all believe in as supporters (the ones who are).
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

You win sum and you lose sum that is what life is all about
Gr8 LFC Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion