Kuyt latest to be burgled

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:45 am

Kuyt house burgled in latest raid on stars' homes in Liverpool
By Ian Herbert
Published: 20 November 2007
Another Liverpool player has been hit by burglars, underlining the problem the club's stars face when they make high-profile trips out of the country.

Dirk Kuyt's home in the Woolton district of the city was burgled last Thursday evening, after he had left Liverpool to join up with the Dutch squad for their match against Luxembourg. It is unclear what was taken, but a number of his team-mates will sympathise. Thieves broke into the homes of striker Peter Crouch and the defender Daniel Agger as both took on Galatasaray in a Champions League match in 2006 and the goalkeeper Pepe Reina had his house ransacked while his penalty saves were helping Liverpool to beat Chelsea to reach the Champions League final in May.

Liverpool offered their players a house-sitting service while they are away from the city after earlier attacks. Jerzy Dudek's home was burgled in June 2006 while he was on holiday in his native Poland. He, like Reina, lost a Porsche and jewellery. The Everton winger Andy van der Meyde was burgled twice last year.

In December 2006, a man was jailed for two and a half years for the Dudek raid and seven other burglaries at Liverpool and Everton players' homes. Liverpool are also investigating how pictures of John Arne Riise's pay slip appeared on the internet after apparently being stolen.
account deleted by request

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:00 am

apparantley kuyt saw the burglar but was too slow to catch him  :D

and as for riises payslip, I told you all it was genuine but you all said it wasn't
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:03 am

peewee wrote:apparantley kuyt saw the burglar but was too slow to catch him  :D

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:         I know I shouldn't laugh but I cracked up at that peewee  :laugh:

Postby babu » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:30 am

what's happening here? Seems like the entire team has been burgled at least once.

someone handing out player's addresses or something?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:06 am

babu wrote:what's happening here? Seems like the entire team has been burgled at least once.

someone handing out player's addresses or something?

I'm not a local there but shouldn't it be very easy to find out where a player live? you simply have to follow them from distance after games.

With so  much money that they earn why don't they invest in some state-of-the-art security systems and keep some mean guard dogs...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:50 am

and as for riises payslip, I told you all it was genuine but you all said it wasn't

the payslip was a forgery peewee. a copy of the pic i had emailed to me still had the national insurance number on it (blanked out in all the press pics), anyway the NI number was a fake. a mate of mine works for the revenue and *accidentally* checked out the details for me - that particular NI number has never even been issued, never mind to riise

as for this burglary, it's about time these players started employing security guards. it's all too easy for dirtbags to find out where they live, and it's obvious when they are going to be away from home. if you earn £50k a week it's not exactly a drain on the wallet to pay somebody a few hundred quid a week to look after the place whilst you're out/away
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:02 am

Woollyback wrote:

the payslip was a forgery peewee. a copy of the pic i had emailed to me still had the national insurance number on it (blanked out in all the press pics), anyway the NI number was a fake. a mate of mine works for the revenue and *accidentally* checked out the details for me - that particular NI number has never even been issued, never mind to riise

as for this burglary, it's about time these players started employing security guards. it's all too easy for dirtbags to find out where they live, and it's obvious when they are going to be away from home. if you earn £50k a week it's not exactly a drain on the wallet to pay somebody a few hundred quid a week to look after the place whilst you're out/away

Liverpool football club offer to have someone "house sit" while players are away from home. Whether this applies when they are on international duty as well im not sure?

As you say though, even if the club doesn't cover them for international duties, its hardly going to break the bank if they hire their own guard.

Postby Sabre » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:41 am

Woollyback wrote:

First of all I'm sorry for Kuyt.

Second, what about the police?, I don't like it around here when the genuine work of the police is substituted by security guards.

For some cases I can understand, but we are talking about another citizen at the end of the day, and the police should combat this wave of burglars.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:43 am

The problem is this is done on purpose that these footballer hire these agencies.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby poolboyuk » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:04 pm

Coming to something when they have to consider hiring security guard! Also some of them might one to consider where they live - Woolton is nice but a Porsche still sticks out like dogs balls and tocky isnt too far down the road! Its all too tempting for some!
poolboyuk

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:09 pm

It has to be evertonians, not like they'll be watching Champions League finals or many of their players in internationals!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:09 pm

babu wrote:what's happening here? Seems like the entire team has been burgled at least once.

the burglars are using a rotation system.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:50 pm

stmichael wrote:

:laugh:  :laugh:

Explains why Crouch ain't been burgled yet. Even THEY won't pick him!!!  :p  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:57 pm

Are the Everton players equally robbed?  :suspect:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:01 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
stmichael wrote:

:laugh:  :laugh:

Explains why Crouch ain't been burgled yet. Even THEY won't pick him!!!  :p  :D

It says

Thieves broke into the homes of striker Peter Crouch and the defender Daniel Agger as both took on Galatasaray in a Champions League match in 2006

:p
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion