Kuyt - Is there any fee big enough?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:11 pm

Since his move out to the right wing, I haven't seen him have one bad game.

Is there better options out there for the right side?

Definitely.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Is there better options out there for the right side?

yeah we've just signed sammy lee

better first touch and more pace!!!!!!!!!!!
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:08 am

redmikey wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:Is there better options out there for the right side?

yeah we've just signed sammy lee

better first touch and more pace!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:30 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Since his move out to the right wing, I haven't seen him have one bad game.

Definitely.

I just came to this thread to say the same thing. Problem is I don't think he'll want that. But seeing that Holland will get far with him on the wing, maybe he'll start to accept himself as a natural winger. Anyone Andy Gray comparing him to Ray Kennedy? I'd be glad to play the position of whatever Kop legend I was being compared to.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Judge » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:01 am

metalhead wrote:
Judge wrote:this kuyt guy has played awesome at the euro championships!

any chance rafa will sign him :D  :D

Hard worker and ball waster

:p

bring back garcia  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:34 pm

SundanceKid wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:Since his move out to the right wing, I haven't seen him have one bad game.

Definitely.

I just came to this thread to say the same thing. Problem is I don't think he'll want that. But seeing that Holland will get far with him on the wing, maybe he'll start to accept himself as a natural winger. Anyone Andy Gray comparing him to Ray Kennedy? I'd be glad to play the position of whatever Kop legend I was being compared to.

he's no natural winger....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:53 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
SundanceKid wrote:

Definitely.

Oh yes he is
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby bigmick » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:36 pm

SundanceKid wrote:Anyone Andy Gray comparing him to Ray Kennedy? I'd be glad to play the position of whatever Kop legend I was being compared to.

I wouldn't be taking too many things which Andy Gray says too seriously if I were you. Firstly Ray Kennedy was a silky, skillfull visionary footballer who oozed class in everything he did. He was in no way shape or form the workhorse that Kuyt is. Kennedy also possessed one of the sweetest left feet you've ever seen, and was successful as a striker also while at Arsenal.

So apart from the fact that his style of play was completely different, he favoured a different foot, he scored goals as a striker and oozed quality, they are very similar players yes.

All that said, Kuyt has done very well on the right hand side of midfield. I don't point out the above things in order to have a go at the bloke, it just simply is like comparing chalk and cheese. Carragher and Hansen would be a comparison of similar validity.

On a slightly different note, I see you say that Kuyt is a natural right winger. I actually consider wingers to be beat the fullback with tricks merchants, creative players like Queresma or Simao or Ronaldo, whereas Kuyt is more of a workhorse up and down right midfielder for me. That said, I don't actually think he's a natural right midfielder either. What the real crux is though, natural or not is whether he does a good job which mostly he does.

I do think however that if we have pretensions, we should be looking for someone quite a bit better.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:49 pm

bigmick wrote:
SundanceKid wrote:Anyone Andy Gray comparing him to Ray Kennedy? I'd be glad to play the position of whatever Kop legend I was being compared to.

I wouldn't be taking too many things which Andy Gray says too seriously if I were you. Firstly Ray Kennedy was a silky, skillfull visionary footballer who oozed class in everything he did. He was in no way shape or form the workhorse that Kuyt is. Kennedy also possessed one of the sweetest left feet you've ever seen, and was successful as a striker also while at Arsenal.

So apart from the fact that his style of play was completely different, he favoured a different foot, he scored goals as a striker and oozed quality, they are very similar players yes.

All that said, Kuyt has done very well on the right hand side of midfield. I don't point out the above things in order to have a go at the bloke, it just simply is like comparing chalk and cheese. Carragher and Hansen would be a comparison of similar validity.

On a slightly different note, I see you say that Kuyt is a natural right winger. I actually consider wingers to be beat the fullback with tricks merchants, creative players like Queresma or Simao or Ronaldo, whereas Kuyt is more of a workhorse up and down right midfielder for me. That said, I don't actually think he's a natural right midfielder either. What the real crux is though, natural or not is whether he does a good job which mostly he does.

I do think however that if we have pretensions, we should be looking for someone quite a bit better.

Top post that, cracked me up.....   draged on a bit like  :D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:28 am

SundanceKid wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
SundanceKid wrote:

Definitely.

Oh yes he is

oh no he's not.........

(panto season alreay?)  :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:25 pm

Kuyt is not a natural winger clearly , he is a striker who has been converted into playing in the right wing area . He has done good since moving that the postion , 11 goals in total for the season , with 7 assist in the premier league and not too sure about the champions league , plus he adds that little something extra that you don't normally get from players in that position , excellent work rate and attitude , if we don't sign a right winger this season , i think kuyt has earned at least 1 more season in that role before we decide if he has done good or bad and deserves to be sold or is a squad player at best or one to start in the 11
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:55 pm

Kuyt is a very valuable squad player. He works his socks off and has some very good qualities. I believe he is good enough for LFC.

He offers us an option at right wing and also as a striker. We don't know what will happen this summer with regards to transfers but I wouldn't think Kuyt will be anywhere near the exit door. He offers us too much and is an unsung hero IMO.

I think we'll see him score a lot more goals next season. :)
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:58 pm

"All we are saying.......... is give Kuyt a chance!"

Never known a lad to come in for so much stick because he works his rocks off as opposed to does sweet FA.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:02 pm

"All we are say - ing....is he's not good enough!"
ken_job

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:02 pm

Now look ´ere Yoko.................... :p
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion