Kuyt - Is there any fee big enough?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:44 am

10 bob, he is garbage and not good enough for LFC
112-1077774096

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:49 am

peewee wrote:10 bob, he is garbage and not good enough for LFC

I'll bet ya 10 of your houses and 4 yachts and 13 of yer bungalows hes is Pete!

I will let you keep the helicopter and private jet so that ping pong ting too can visit you in jail! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:55 am

Number 9 wrote:

I will let you keep the helicopter and private jet so that ping pong ting too can visit you in jail! :D

Barry    :D
112-1077774096

Postby Seano Kop » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:57 am

Kuyts first touch > Babels first touch
Seano Kop

Postby LegBarnes » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:05 am

Bad Bob wrote:It's fantastic to see him in good form and having an impact.  He's not world class by any means and is unlikely to be the long-term solution needed on the right but it's clear that there's still a place in the squad for Dirk.  One thing's clear, he's a different proposition when he's got a bit of confidence and that's something that Rafa will need to work hard to maintain as we head into the new season.

i think he has it within him self to be world class when you lose some one in your life you question every thing , is it all worth it , should i be doing some thing else in life , is there life afte death and so on and so on.

But you come back stronger , more sure headed , more focused , more in tune with your self. I see that in kuyt now i see he is enjoying life agian. I say keep him , surport him , cheer him .I say let him become the player we all know he can be.

I remeber watching him in dutch league and think wow pure class i am sure he can get back to that form if given more time.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:08 am

peewee wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

Barry    :D

What? :D

You know you will loose!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:44 am

Thank you Peewee. I don't agree your post, but I've been told that I was wide of the mark when I said Kuyt has been underrated.

You Peewee still hold that position, and for what is worth, I don't remember you were alone in that position some months back. I think Kuyt has received lots of stick at some point, and even doing well in the RW, he has only received praises here and there, but not from all posters.

I'd even say that Kuyt has been in the TOP 5 of Newkit Stick Table at some point.

Kuyt is no Villa, nor Torres, nor Rooney, but he has proved to be very useful for us. And particularly I'm very happy of any of his success, because the man works a lot.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:51 am

but I've been told that I was wide of the mark when I said Kuyt has been underrated.

You did say his "workrate was underatted". I dont think there is anybody out there who hasnt been impressed with Kuyts workrate. If they did, then they're blind, his workrate is all he's got going for him.

He has done well/better out wide than he did when Rafa constantly persisted with him upfront. 12 million or a squad player for me, but never a regular starter.
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:52 am

Well, if the workrate of a player doesn't spare him from insults and people giving big stick to his game, it probably means that his workrate is underrated.

If you want an example of the opposite, take Hamman. Hamman had to leave the club, people in newkit prefered Alonso and Gerrard at the time rather than the german, yet, his game was quite appreciated, and no-one said he was garbage.

In Kuyt's case though, the work he does for his team mates, backing that new concept in football that defends that wingers have to defend more and Right backs have to attack more, has been underrated.

I think this is because Kuyt came as a forward, and thus, people was expecting a forward and the goals they imply. When he didn't deliver that it's normal some criticism appear, and some stick aswell, but IMHO some people were too harsh on Kuyt.

Fortunately it seems that many are starting to appreciate what he has done in the last 6 months, in a similar role that the one he's doing at Holland.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:59 am

mabye peewee has never actually watched a football match? :p
in the euros hes been awesom... holland is a good team but he is the glue in my opinion. a lot of players that play for holland play for themselves over the team, kuyt has been making the team work better together.
to sell him now would absolutely dumb.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:02 am

Can i ask then if people want (or expect) Kuyt to be a regular starter for us next season? And if so what position would you like to see him play in?

I am not a huge fan of Dirk - he has improved of late which is encouraging to see so good for him, and yes, his heart and commitment to the club has never, ever been in doubt.

However, his touch is poor, he doesnt have the pace of a winger or the accuracy/confidence in the box of a top class striker. The reason (I believe) he shines in tracking back and winning the ball is quite often because he gave it away in the first place and I fail to see how he fits into a prem league winning side. I would like to see Dirk stay for another season (he deserves this) but NOT as a first team player. As a sub he offers us a lot of 'options'!! But he is NOT a first teamer....
ken_job

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:06 am

ken_job wrote:Can i ask then if people want (or expect) Kuyt to be a regular starter for us next season? And if so what position would you like to see him play in?

I am not a huge fan of Dirk - he has improved of late which is encouraging to see so good for him, and yes, his heart and commitment to the club has never, ever been in doubt.

However, his touch is poor, he doesnt have the pace of a winger or the accuracy/confidence in the box of a top class striker. The reason (I believe) he shines in tracking back and winning the ball is quite often because he gave it away in the first place and I fail to see how he fits into a prem league winning side. I would like to see Dirk stay for another season (he deserves this) but NOT as a first team player. As a sub he offers us a lot of 'options'!! But he is NOT a first teamer....

just wondernig like, where has his first touch been bad in the euros in the last 2 games you've seen him play in?

im not saying hes the best winger ever, but hes doing a job for holland, and will do one for us. we havet got the most money in the world, what we have can be betetr spent elsewhere
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:09 am

Admittedly I havent seen all of the two Holland games and am not in a position to comment on how hes played in these. But hold on a minute, if two games is all your judging on then you have a very short memory.
ken_job

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:15 am

im judging him on the whole of his playing at liverpool. and id say overall hes far more an assett than a hindrance. theres 5 or 6 players id ratehr see out the door. and kuyt is getting better with each game i like to think... but you're right, cant just look at 2 holland games to call him a saviour
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:23 am

It seems theres four positions we are trying to find players for this summer - the four wide positions. If we sign Dossenna and Barry we will have found players for three of those (together with Deggen). I would like to then see our moneys spent on a creative, pacey right WINGER. If alonso stays we are more likely to employ the 4-3-2-1 formation with torres up front and if we lose alonso its more likely a 4-4-2 will be used. If we sell crouch then maybe we do need to buy another striker but i think that Babbel can be this new striker without us having to spend....

Either way I think we should keep Kuyt but hopefully not as a first team player.

What are peoples opinions on this? Dawson would you like him to start on the right? If so where wud you like the money spent if we dont need a right winger?
ken_job

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion