Kuyt - Is there any fee big enough?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:58 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Ashton is shyt.

He couldn't lace Kuyt's boots.

He could but it would take him a season to get over that massive task !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:05 am

Kharhaz wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:Ashton is shyt.

He couldn't lace Kuyt's boots.

He could but it would take him a season to get over that massive task !

:D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:45 am

Durk Kuyt - The working class hero. Says more than you are giving him credit for. He never gives up and I have no doubts saying he gives more than Steven Gerrard does in most games. Stevie is more talented and has done memorable things for the club. But if you look at each one of Kuyt's performances, his stats don't show it, but he puts more into the game than anyone at Liverpool Football Club.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:25 am

I have no doubts saying he gives more than Steven Gerrard does in most games

I won't deny Kuyt's work rate and usefullness, but sundancekid, you have entered in quicksands with that quote :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:51 am

SundanceKid wrote:But if you look at each one of Kuyt's performances, his stats don't show it, but he puts more into the game than anyone at Liverpool Football Club.

so you're not talking about things the stats actually show like passes completed, tackles made, distance ran etc etc, but the things they don't show like how red in the face they get or the total distance the ball has been trapped?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:54 am

andy_g wrote:
SundanceKid wrote:But if you look at each one of Kuyt's performances, his stats don't show it, but he puts more into the game than anyone at Liverpool Football Club.

so you're not talking about things the stats actually show like passes completed, tackles made, distance ran etc etc, but the things they don't show like how red in the face they get or the total distance the ball has been trapped?

The Red-o-meter is no doubt important to measure the effort, but I think he's talking about the sweat-o-meter, there are not current stats about how much Kuyt sweats.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:35 am

very interesting... this guy kuyt... how he manages to split the fans in two extreme opinions...:D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:06 am

Once again though we descend into the surreal. If you rate Kuyt as a foiotballer fair enough. If you think he puts in lots of effort, fair enough. If you like him on the right, no bother. But you think he contributes more to the team than Gerrard? The notion is so ridiculous it's beyond debate.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:11 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Reg wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Yet again with you being a numpty we've now got wan*fast going to the other extreme.

Fact, Dirk Kuyt is not, never will and never has been good enough for this football club as a first team player. He would make a decent (not great) squad player.

His attitude his good, his ability not so. He's terrible in the air. He's very average paced, is a decent finisher when he gets in the right positions which is never enough, he's averagely skillful, has average vision, is a decent passer, works very hard and shits out of alot of tackles.

He's a premiership player, a spurs or villa type player, certainly not a Liverpool one.

As for the Hyypia comments, go :censored: yaself. Ya still just as clueless as ever.

Tell you what mate, no matter what hat you wear you´re consistantly the most miserable tw@t on his forum.

Go get yerself a girldfriend or a dog and cheer up for g0ds sake.

:laugh:

Kuyt did improve once he was put out on the right by Rafa. There is no doubt in my mind he had a better second half a season.

Bascially upfront is a NO NO for Kuyt, he isnt good enough simple as. Out wide is a different story though he looked much more comfortable out wide and played with more confidence IMO. But is he good enough to be in the first team of a title winning side at right wing. I still dont think so.

There were worse players than Kuyt last season I'll admit that, Pennant, Benayoun and Aurelio we worse. Kuyt was probably on par with the likes of Alonso. But like I said I dont think its good enough to win us the Prem, having just a cart ... oops workhorse out on the right.

The fact is Kuyt is an attacking player.

Does he even compare to Drogba, Anelka, Wright Phillips (who I don't really rate) Kalou, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Adebayor, Helb, Rosicky... quite simply no in just about every area of the game with the exception of attitude and work rate.

He lacks the technical ability, skill, vision and craft to play in a title winning side on a regular basis. End of.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:17 am

Number 9 wrote:A joke and a liability?
A joke and a liability that scored 7 C/L goals and would have had a MAJOR part in getting his team to the final only for a very unlucky own goal by Riise?

If thats what you call a joke and a liability i hope we sign some more.
Ashton is better than Kuyt?? :laugh:
Are you sure about that?
Holland are heads and shoulders above the England team,Kuyt is on the teamsheet!
The England team is a joke compared to Holland,will Ashton get on the England team if they qualify for the worldcup?Will he fuc'k?
Kuyt is playing at LFC under one of the best managers of the modern game!
Where is Ashton?Will he EVER sign for a BIG club??NOT A CHANCE!!
Ask yourself why?

Yes I'm 100% sure Ashton is a better player than Kuyt could dream of being in probably every area of the game with the exception of work rate and general fitness.

He's better in the air, a better finisher, quicker, alot stronger, better with his back to goal, has a better touch... etc etc.

You then mention the Dutch team... are you sitting there saying to me Kuyt is better than Robben, van Nistlerooy and van Persie? Or even one of those players?

Thats like saying Raul is :censored: because he can't get in the Spanish team...

And I forgot about your logic that no good players can play outside the top four teams... :laugh:

:kungfu:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:18 am

SundanceKid wrote:Durk Kuyt - The working class hero. Says more than you are giving him credit for. He never gives up and I have no doubts saying he gives more than Steven Gerrard does in most games. Stevie is more talented and has done memorable things for the club. But if you look at each one of Kuyt's performances, his stats don't show it, but he puts more into the game than anyone at Liverpool Football Club.

Shut the door on your way out... :laugh:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:25 am

Since he has been moved out to the right wing though, he has not played one bad game. I'll admit I was in dispair with the lad early on in the season, as he never seemed to get in any attacking positionings. However after we switched to 4-5-1 he played brilliantly and was one of our best players in the run in to the end of season. He gave Ashley Cole and Clichy a lot more trouble than the pair of them had seen off Ronaldo and hardly put a foot wrong. I know he was not brought here to be a right winger and I hope we get someone in as we need someone there, and have done since Rafa joined when I come to think about it, but he kept Benayoun and your much vaunted Pennant out of the team and rightly so im my eyes.

I seen an interview with Rafa a few weeks ago and he was talking about the season in general and he went out of his way to mention Kuyt and all the hard work he has done for the club, for Rafa thats unusual and totally out of character - he normally prefers to speak about the team not one player. That tells me 2 things, Rafa is aware some fans lost a bit of faith in Kuyt and he is definitely here for a long time under Benitez's tenure.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:33 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Since he has been moved out to the right wing though, he has not played one bad game. I'll admit I was in dispair with the lad early on in the season, as he never seemed to get in any attacking positionings. However after we switched to 4-5-1 he played brilliantly and was one of our best players in the run in to the end of season. He gave Ashley Cole and Clichy a lot more trouble than the pair of them had seen off Ronaldo and hardly put a foot wrong. I know he was not brought here to be a right winger and I hope we get someone in as we need someone there, and have done since Rafa joined when I come to think about it, but he kept Benayoun and your much vaunted Pennant out of the team and rightly so im my eyes.

I seen an interview with Rafa a few weeks ago and he was talking about the season in general and he went out of his way to mention Kuyt and all the hard work he has done for the club, for Rafa thats unusual and totally out of character - he normally prefers to speak about the team not one player. That tells me 2 things, Rafa is aware some fans lost a bit of faith in Kuyt and he is definitely here for a long time under Benitez's tenure.

Everythings rosey again... Its alright, Kuyts world class and theres no problems at Liverpool.

:no
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:39 am

Fo Dne wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:Since he has been moved out to the right wing though, he has not played one bad game. I'll admit I was in dispair with the lad early on in the season, as he never seemed to get in any attacking positionings. However after we switched to 4-5-1 he played brilliantly and was one of our best players in the run in to the end of season. He gave Ashley Cole and Clichy a lot more trouble than the pair of them had seen off Ronaldo and hardly put a foot wrong. I know he was not brought here to be a right winger and I hope we get someone in as we need someone there, and have done since Rafa joined when I come to think about it, but he kept Benayoun and your much vaunted Pennant out of the team and rightly so im my eyes.

Everythings rosey again... Its alright, Kuyts world class and theres no problems at Liverpool.

:no

Fu.ck off  :D

I'm not saying he's World Class and everything is definitely not right at Liverpool.

I'm saying:

# He was awful up front this year.

# You cannot fault his performances on the right wing.

# I would prefer a proper worldie right winger.

# He is going to part of Rafa's "squad" for a long time.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:19 am

Fo Dne wrote:
Number 9 wrote:A joke and a liability?
A joke and a liability that scored 7 C/L goals and would have had a MAJOR part in getting his team to the final only for a very unlucky own goal by Riise?

If thats what you call a joke and a liability i hope we sign some more.
Ashton is better than Kuyt?? :laugh:
Are you sure about that?
Holland are heads and shoulders above the England team,Kuyt is on the teamsheet!
The England team is a joke compared to Holland,will Ashton get on the England team if they qualify for the worldcup?Will he fuc'k?
Kuyt is playing at LFC under one of the best managers of the modern game!
Where is Ashton?Will he EVER sign for a BIG club??NOT A CHANCE!!
Ask yourself why?

Yes I'm 100% sure Ashton is a better player than Kuyt could dream of being in probably every area of the game with the exception of work rate and general fitness.

He's better in the air, a better finisher, quicker, alot stronger, better with his back to goal, has a better touch... etc etc.

You then mention the Dutch team... are you sitting there saying to me Kuyt is better than Robben, van Nistlerooy and van Persie? Or even one of those players?

Thats like saying Raul is :censored: because he can't get in the Spanish team...

And I forgot about your logic that no good players can play outside the top four teams... :laugh:

:kungfu:

Stu when Pennant signed were practically saying he was fantastic and he was gonna be great for LFC!Now knowing you and your arrogance,im sure you will come up with some excuse as to why he has not and never will make it at LFC...and it will be the usual."I am 100% right and thats it"post that you always type! :D
Blatently you were wrong!
Hes been a failure and not good enough for LFC,that is obvious to anyone,he should have stayed at Birmingham!

Now a little while down the line a player you practically say has only workrate and effort as his credentials has kept him out of the team on merit!
Can you honestly say that Pennant should be starting on the right before Kuyt given the fact that there is light and day between there performances?
Maybe you will admit you were wrong about Pennant??lol Some chance of that eh??
Bottom line is you were though.The point being is that you come on these boards and post as if you know it all and are never wrong.In your head you are always right,well the only place you are always right is in your head Stu!
As for Kuyt though,everyone has a right to their opinion...maybe at the end of next season he will prove you wrong as Pennant has...lets wait and see!

And i have never once said that there are no good players outside the top 4!There are plenty mate.Plenty better than Ashton and Bullard as well!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion