Kuyt - Is there any fee big enough?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:38 pm

banana wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
banana wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Apart from Gerrard and Torres Mick?
Who in a red shirt had a better season than Dirk Kuyt once we played 4-5-1??

No one! He was excellent in everything that was asked of him and more!
What do you want from a player??Blood??

If you want to look at weak players look at Arbeloa.Allways caught out,seldom coming forward..Is he a world class Right back?No but because he is back there and not "in the action" he gets away with it?

Bottom line is you and a few others expected Dirk kuyt to bang goals in...So did I based on his record!
Put out to the right he has been great for LFC and looks a great player now and one that carries the team forward!
Some people just dont like that though because he was meant to be a striker!!

Im saying no more! :D
If Kuyt can carry his form from last season to this coming one,he will shut you all up with his feet and heart!
Im backing him to have a blinder from day one!
:;):

1. Most players were better than Kuyt. That includes; Skrtl, Reina, Torres, Gerrard, Arbeloa, Carra, Agger (limited number of games), Babel, Benayoun, Mascherano, Alonso,

Kuyt were on par with Leiva, Pennant and Aurelio and better than; Finnan, Riise, Crouch, Voronin and Hyypia.

What more I want from a player?
What about actually being able to go past a defender. How about scoring more goals than 1 every 15 games. What about creating something with individual piece of skills? What about not being the slowest most boring player in a red shirt since Salif Diao. What about NOT playing as a second right back 10 yards ahead of Arbeloa.

Dirk Kuyt should be offloader as soon as possible for any kind of transfer fee. LFC will NEVER win the premiership with Kuyt as a right winger/right back.

:D
Ok Banana you are right!
Rafael Benitez with his trophies at Valencia and Cups at LFC is wrong?Should he have put Pennant on the right of our 4-2-3-1 in your opinion?is he wrong to keep Kuyt?
Then theres Marco van basten manager of the multi talented Dutch side.He also opted to start Kuyt in the Euros....I guess he is an idiot as well?

I call a spade a spade mate.I missed one LFC game live all season thanks to a bad stream.Up until we changed shape to the 4-2-3-1 system Kuyt was VERY dissapointing but since he has been put in his new position I struggle to remember him having one bad game.

Its funny how everyone can forget he hit 7 goals in the C/L.Its also funny how loads of LFC fans can come on here and praise him when he plays well for Holland but overlook the fact he played equally as good for us in the last half of the season.

He came to our club with high expectations and failed in the goal scoring department.Most fans seem to have found that very hard to get over.But hes playing a different role now and playing it well.
If he keeps up the way he finished last season there is no reason why he cant play a major part in the season ahead.
He just seems to be the player that a lot of supporters love to hate!

"Most players were better than Kuyt" and "Kuyt were on par with Leiva, Pennant and Aurelio and better than; Finnan, Riise, Crouch, Voronin and Hyypia."

Reading that is there much point taking the poster seriously. Agger didn't even play that much, Arbeloa was becoming the forgotten man and Kuyt had more good games than he's being given credit for. The lists reek tooooo much of bias, saying Kuyt played worse than half the squad, parring him with Pennant and Aurelio and then putting Crouch and Hyypia bottom of the pile. Even I'll admit Hyypia had a pretty decent season, Kuyt may have played better but I'd disagree with the ordering and it's like any half-baked, top of the head list you'll see on here. Simply rename "want to keep", "don't care much for" and "want rid" and you'll see the real motivation.

Kuyt had a disappointing start to the season, but if ever someone deserved credit for a turnaround to his season it is Kuyt. The only players I would say without question had a better end of season are those who had a good season throughout - Torres and Gerrard.

And the bit about 1 goal every 15 games is typical BS from a clueless muppet, he scored 7 CL goals alone and most certainly did not play 105 games last season.

True Owzat!! :D
I never highlighted those points,I think banana done a good enough job himself!
As i said before though if(and i think he will) play as well this season as he played the second half of last he will get the respect he deserves.

Oh yeah. He was so dangerous. Fact is he scored about 1 leagua goal every 15 games That is a fact you can not deny. His tally was 3 goals. Number of games is 38. If you also consider the fact that he scored two goals in one game then he only scored every 19 games or so. Sorry. That's not enough. Kuyt out.

It puzzles me that some fans want a team full of Kuyts and Hyypias. Hyypia destroyed Liverpools title hopes. Or that is; when Agger got injured it was all over. Only after LFC bought Skrtl did the defence look solid. The games with Hyypia and Carra was depressing. It was so depressing that Benitez was forced to try Arbeloa and Riise as centre backs.

How many times did Kuyt beat his defender per game?
How many times did Kuyt produce something on his own per game?
How many goals should he have scored in a full league season?
Do you think any premiership left back is scared when playing agains Kuyt?
Looking at comparable teams able to qualify for Champions league semis who would you pick on right wing;

Ronaldo (Man U)
Schweinsteiger (Bayern)
Messi (Barcelona)
Sneijder (Real Madrid)
Hleb (Arsenal)
and so on and so on

Yet again with you being a numpty we've now got wan*fast going to the other extreme.

Fact, Dirk Kuyt is not, never will and never has been good enough for this football club as a first team player. He would make a decent (not great) squad player.

His attitude his good, his ability not so. He's terrible in the air. He's very average paced, is a decent finisher when he gets in the right positions which is never enough, he's averagely skillful, has average vision, is a decent passer, works very hard and shits out of alot of tackles.

He's a premiership player, a spurs or villa type player, certainly not a Liverpool one.

As for the Hyypia comments, go :censored: yaself. Ya still just as clueless as ever.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:47 pm

Says the man that repeatedly banged on about the likes of Bullard,Ashton and Pennant!
:laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:49 pm

Number 9 wrote:Says the man that repeatedly banged on about the likes of Bullard,Ashton and Pennant!

All good players with uses and strengths. What does Kuyt do?

Ashton spent most of last season on the treatment table and still score more league goals.

Infact, so did Bullard and he's been out for 2 years... :laugh:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:54 pm

Oh :censored: yeah, Kuyt can score a penalty, forgot about that... :laugh:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:21 pm

We can argue till the cows come home on whether kuyt is good enough or not for this club but the fact is rafa is the one and the end of the day who decides whether he plays , stays or goes . At the moment , rafa seems to like what kuyt is doing and how he is playing
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:21 pm

Fo Dne wrote:Yet again with you being a numpty we've now got wan*fast going to the other extreme.

Fact, Dirk Kuyt is not, never will and never has been good enough for this football club as a first team player. He would make a decent (not great) squad player.

His attitude his good, his ability not so. He's terrible in the air. He's very average paced, is a decent finisher when he gets in the right positions which is never enough, he's averagely skillful, has average vision, is a decent passer, works very hard and shits out of alot of tackles.

He's a premiership player, a spurs or villa type player, certainly not a Liverpool one.

As for the Hyypia comments, go :censored: yaself. Ya still just as clueless as ever.

Tell you what mate, no matter what hat you wear you´re consistantly the most miserable tw@t on his forum.

Go get yerself a girldfriend or a dog and cheer up for g0ds sake.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:10 am

If Kuyt starts the first half of the season like he did last and lets face it he was shocking ( more down to confidence than ability IMO ) then fare enough, i'll be among the first to say drop and get rid but i dont think that will be the case because in his first season he proved that he was quite a tidy finisher and if anything lacked better supportand in his second he showed us even though he was lacking goals and threat upfront he could do a valuable job elsewhere. I just wish he could do it consistently in the prem ( out wide ) the way he does the big  (  but not just "big" ) CL games, i know he lacks pace in prem but against chelsea at anfield in the semi he was all over cole, he couldnt handle Dirk, im telling ya Ashley cole has had easyer times up against Ronaldo. When it comes down to a scrap like the chelsea game and against the bitters ( would say utd only we dont seem to put up a fight anymore ) he's a handy lad to have on your side, no doubt about that.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:30 am

Reg wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Yet again with you being a numpty we've now got wan*fast going to the other extreme.

Tell you what mate, no matter what hat you wear you´re consistantly the most miserable tw@t on his forum.

Go get yerself a girldfriend or a dog and cheer up for g0ds sake.

Kuyt did improve once he was put out on the right by Rafa. There is no doubt in my mind he had a better second half a season.

Bascially upfront is a NO NO for Kuyt, he isnt good enough simple as. Out wide is a different story though he looked much more comfortable out wide and played with more confidence IMO. But is he good enough to be in the first team of a title winning side at right wing. I still dont think so.

There were worse players than Kuyt last season I'll admit that, Pennant, Benayoun and Aurelio we worse. Kuyt was probably on par with the likes of Alonso. But like I said I dont think its good enough to win us the Prem, having just a cart ... oops workhorse out on the right.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:46 am

Rush Job wrote:If Kuyt starts the first half of the season like he did last and lets face it he was shocking ( more down to confidence than ability IMO ) then fare enough, i'll be among the first to say drop and get rid but i dont think that will be the case because in his first season he proved that he was quite a tidy finisher and if anything lacked better supportand in his second he showed us even though he was lacking goals and threat upfront he could do a valuable job elsewhere. I just wish he could do it consistently in the prem ( out wide ) the way he does the big  (  but not just "big" ) CL games, i know he lacks pace in prem but against chelsea at anfield in the semi he was all over cole, he couldnt handle Dirk, im telling ya Ashley cole has had easyer times up against Ronaldo. When it comes down to a scrap like the chelsea game and against the bitters ( would say utd only we dont seem to put up a fight anymore ) he's a handy lad to have on your side, no doubt about that.

enough said , can't agree more
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:04 am

kuyt is like a poor mans sheringham

no pace, and lacks sheringhams ability

he's been very good for holland at the euro's but, like many dutch players at lfc before him, cant just rise up a level
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:35 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Says the man that repeatedly banged on about the likes of Bullard,Ashton and Pennant!

All good players with uses and strengths. What does Kuyt do?

Ashton spent most of last season on the treatment table and still score more league goals.

Infact, so did Bullard and he's been out for 2 years... :laugh:

There is absolutely no doubt Ashton is better than Kuyt.

There is absolutely no doubt Bullard is a good premiership player.

Both is good. Not just quite good for a top team. Mid table teams would be pleased with such players.

Pennant is also a mid table team player.

We both agree that Kuyt is a joke and a liability and he will NEVER be part of a title winning team.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:13 pm

A joke and a liability?
A joke and a liability that scored 7 C/L goals and would have had a MAJOR part in getting his team to the final only for a very unlucky own goal by Riise?

If thats what you call a joke and a liability i hope we sign some more.
Ashton is better than Kuyt?? :laugh:
Are you sure about that?
Holland are heads and shoulders above the England team,Kuyt is on the teamsheet!
The England team is a joke compared to Holland,will Ashton get on the England team if they qualify for the worldcup?Will he fuc'k?
Kuyt is playing at LFC under one of the best managers of the modern game!
Where is Ashton?Will he EVER sign for a BIG club??NOT A CHANCE!!
Ask yourself why?
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:14 pm

I am typically very nervous when Liverpool lose the ball in midfield, not when Kuyt is playing because he doesn't stop running to complain, he doesn't stop running to argue with the ref, he doesn't stand there with his hands on his head after missing a chance shaking his head like it was someone elses fault.

PURE HEART, PURE STRENGTH, NEVER SAY DIE

What the :censored: else do you want.. Pennant? :D

We have too many players in our club, that when asked about their future, say they have a "contract" with Liverpool which they are committed to, I bet Kuyt would say he is staying because of the shirt he is so lucky to wear (as is every player) and he is committed to winning for Liverpool, this man would play left back with a blindfold if it helped the club.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Rush Job » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:20 pm

mikopool wrote:I am typically very nervous when Liverpool lose the ball in midfield, not when Kuyt is playing because he doesn't stop running to complain, he doesn't stop running to argue with the ref, he doesn't stand there with his hands on his head after missing a chance shaking his head like it was someone elses fault.

PURE HEART, PURE STRENGTH, NEVER SAY DIE

What the :censored: else do you want.. Pennant? :D

We have too many players in our club, that when asked about their future, say they have a "contract" with Liverpool which they are committed to, I bet Kuyt would say he is staying because of the shirt he is so lucky to wear (as is every player) and he is committed to winning for Liverpool, this man would play left back with a blindfold if it helped the club.

All he has to do is learn the step over  :D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:32 pm

Ashton is shyt.

He couldn't lace Kuyt's boots.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<