Kuyt - Is there any fee big enough?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:56 pm

He might not be a 20 goal striker, but his work is underrated

Nobody I dont think underates his work, i think your yet again wide of the mark Sabes. :;):

However I underate is technique and his lack of goals.

12 million would be enough for me.
66-1112520797

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:05 am

I'm really made up for the lad. He finished the season strong for us and he's playing a blinder in the Euro's. Good on him! Plus i've got a few quid on the Dutch at 14/1 so keep em coming Deadly Dirk!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:39 am

Ive noticed how he hasnt got back as much to defend with the dutch team. Now defensively they are not the best but even so he has been left further up the pitch with holland were as his role differs at club level. Maybe we could get more out of him by limiting his role to the halfway line onwards. Either way, for me definately a stayer in my book.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:46 am

Well he obviously is nowhere near good enough as a first choice striker to play for Liverpool. It took us all a while to realise that, but I think it's pretty much unanimous now. He is equally obviously much better employed combine harvesting up and down the right flank, I don't think anyone would dispute that either.

The 10 million quid question though, is simply this. Is he good enough to play right side of midfield in a team which has pretensions of challenging for the title? Despite the fairly obvious observation that he does indeed run around a lot, the answer for me I'm afraid is no.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:05 am

bigmick wrote:Well he obviously is nowhere near good enough as a first choice striker to play for Liverpool. It took us all a while to realise that, but I think it's pretty much unanimous now. He is equally obviously much better employed combine harvesting up and down the right flank, I don't think anyone would dispute that either.

The 10 million quid question though, is simply this. Is he good enough to play right side of midfield in a team which has pretensions of challenging for the title? Despite the fairly obvious observation that he does indeed run around a lot, the answer for me I'm afraid is no.

Although he could well end up euro winner playing the same role. Early yet mind.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dutchsky » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:20 am

Still some people here do underestimate Kuyt.
Ah well...they will never appreciate Kuyt they way he should be appreciated.
Against Italy he had very good stats and..a funny thing: he was the fastest man on the pitch vs Italy.
So far:
2 assists
1 goal
and a lot of praise for bringing balance in the team.
not bad...

vs Romania, Affelay will play.
Dutchsky

Postby redbeergoggles » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:27 am

Kuyt is an absolute grafter and will run through walls in the red of Liverpool, and in this day and age of prancing ego's, and bulging bank balances, thats something to praise not gripe at .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:49 am

Phil babb never got as much stick as Kuyt has this season and as i said a few days ago if we were to sell this window (we wont just yet but maybe its the best time) we'd get our money back, bare in mind theres posters on er that would have taken a million or two for him not long ago and now it seems he's the best thing since bread was sliced. Lets just hope he keeps it up and comes back to us brimming with confidence.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:04 am

Surely losing a parent would have a detrimental effect on your state of mind ,I think Liverpool owe him another season, to enable him to show us his true capabilities ,I really like Kuyt and when he plays with confidence and a good mentality he can be a real asset ,and clever players like Kuyt are currently thin on the ground .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:47 am

redbeergoggles wrote:Surely losing a parent would have a detrimental effect on your state of mind ,I think Liverpool owe him another season, to enable him to show us his true capabilities ,I really like Kuyt and when he plays with confidence and a good mentality he can be a real asset ,and clever players like Kuyt are currently thin on the ground .

He's a winner, he'd die for the shirt and he's a handy lad to have in a scrap like agaist the bitters and chelsea in the CL, he was one of our top players in the CL, he just needs better support from fullback.
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:52 am

It's fantastic to see him in good form and having an impact.  He's not world class by any means and is unlikely to be the long-term solution needed on the right but it's clear that there's still a place in the squad for Dirk.  One thing's clear, he's a different proposition when he's got a bit of confidence and that's something that Rafa will need to work hard to maintain as we head into the new season.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:07 am

Excellent player for LFC!
I love him,i love his heart and attitude!
I will put my head on the line and say if he is not great this term i will stick a red hot poker up my :censored: or even worse than that i will read one of Bigmicks posts! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:12 am

Number 9 wrote:Excellent player for LFC!
I will put my head on the line and say if he is not great this term i will stick a red hot poker up my :censored: or even worse than that i will read one of Bigmicks posts! :D

:D You'd better get ready with the poker Baz 'cos I know you couldn't stomach one of my posts fella.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:18 am

bigmick wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Excellent player for LFC!

:D You'd better get ready with the poker Baz 'cos I know you couldn't stomach one of my posts fella.

:oh:
Hint of judge about you there!! :laugh:
Im well prepared i have a biscuit tin lid down me @rse with gaffer tape to keep it there!
No rotation on my @rse...shoooot! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:37 am

All joking aside though.Im crazy about Dirk Kuyt.i love him!
See to me he has the spirit and heart of old LFC when we were great.I really cant understand how anyone can single him out! Sometimes you hear on here"Kuyts not scored again " boohoo!
Heloooooo he started on the right wing won every ball fought like a trooper,tracked back and done Arbeloas work for him.
Then got back up to midfield held his line and crossed a ball in that resulted in a goal!
I fuc,kin love him and i predict with confidence that after this season is over you will too,great player and its a shame we have no more with that attitude!

If i was Rafa or BigMick i would have 4 players that i would NEVER rotate or 5 if you wanna include the keeper!
Reina,Gerrard,Carra,Kuyt and Torres!
All hail Dirk Kuyt hes a legend in the making!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion