Kuyt - Is there any fee big enough?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:04 am

He Rushie it's normally you telling em to chill out mate not the other way round. You always stick up for Kuyt's valuation, which by definition means you must rate him to be worth as much as you think he is. There's no shame in that, pretty much everyone I reckon likes him too. Some differ on how much we'd get for him if we flogged him off, but I reckon pretty much most people think he's a decent enough player down the right. I didn't though say that you'd ever said he's a great player, but even if you had it's fair enough by me. You're as entitled to your opinion as anyone else.

I'm not particularly sticking up for Bob and was well aware the banter was fairly light hearted, I was simply making the point that it was me who talked about the selling him for three million thing and not him. When I said that a couple of months back I was told me fairly quick smart that I was talking nonsense which was and is fair enough. I don't actually do gang ups mate as quite a lot of the time I'm pretty much on my own in my opinions anyhow.

When I talked earlier on in the season about the Champions League achivements not being anywhere near as difficult as some fans like to make out, that with the English clubs' financial advantage getting to the quarter finals and the like should be a minimum, nobody agreed with me. Not a one. I don't think anyone does still to be honest , I'm in a minority of one. I just felt that you and Bob were having a disagreement over something when in actual fact you were agreeing with each other. Needless to say as it turns out I'd have been better off keeping my big fat conk out of it, but there you go :D .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:14 am

bigmick wrote:He Rushie it's normally you telling em to chill out mate not the other way round. You always stick up for Kuyt's valuation, which by definition means you must rate him to be worth as much as you think he is. There's no shame in that, pretty much everyone I reckon likes him too. Some differ on how much we'd get for him if we flogged him off, but I reckon pretty much most people think he's a decent enough player down the right. I didn't though say that you'd ever said he's a great player, but even if you had it's fair enough by me. You're as entitled to your opinion as anyone else.

I'm not particularly sticking up for Bob and was well aware the banter was fairly light hearted, I was simply making the point that it was me who talked about the selling him for three million thing and not him. When I said that a couple of months back I was told me fairly quick smart that I was talking nonsense which was and is fair enough. I don't actually do gang ups mate as quite a lot of the time I'm pretty much on my own in my opinions anyhow.

When I talked earlier on in the season about the Champions League achivements not being anywhere near as difficult as some fans like to make out, that with the English clubs' financial advantage getting to the quarter finals and the like should be a minimum, nobody agreed with me. Not a one. I don't think anyone does still to be honest , I'm in a minority of one. I just felt that you and Bob were having a disagreement over something when in actual fact you were agreeing with each other. Needless to say as it turns out I'd have been better off keeping my big fat conk out of it, but there you go :D .

Just tell the truth!!
You secretely love his work rate and love Dirk Kuyt!
:D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:49 am

Number 9 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Rushie you obviously really like Kuyt which is fair enough. You've been ultra loyal to him in the face of almost universal criticism of the fella which once again is more power to your elbow and that. I can't help thinking though that your kind of nit picking a bit in criticising Bob over his valuation of Kuyt, it's not that far off your own. You both agree he's not really up to playing up front for Liverpool, (be it through a lack of pace, awareness, touch, goal threat or anything else). You also both agree he's doing a good job on the right. he thinks Kuyt's value has dropped since we bought him, as we paid 9 mill or so and he's currently woth between 5-7 mill. You think he's worth over 7 mill and therefore his value is more or less the same as it was when we bought him. It hardly seems to me that you have any basis for disagreeing with each other.

I on the other hand valued Kuyt at 3 million earlier in the season, and am fully prepared to admit I was wrong. I would now take 5 mill for him if it was offered.

Its not Deal or no Deal Mick!! :D

I put your lack of respect for Kuyt down to 3 things.
1)Working long hours
2)Listening to Saint
3)Listening to BadBob

He has been great for LFC since the 4-2-3-1.As important in the last half of last season as any player we have!
I agree with rafa we need players like this.Some of you think that world class(whatever that is) players are needed all over the pitch!That is wrong!
Football is a complex game70%skill and 30%head in my opinion!
Players that believe and have desire will take teams to places when the skill falls short.There is NO team in the world that are unbeatable in terms of skill.When a team can find a balance of skill and belief they are hard to beat...Work hard,fight hard,treat every game as your last,give 100% every time you train as if its for real!
Thats why LFC needs a player or players like Dirk Kuyt  and so does Raffa!
As long as Rafa is here so will be KUYT!!
Im happy with that!! :buttrock

:D top post mate
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:58 am

Number 9 wrote:I put your lack of respect for Kuyt down to 3 things.
1)Working long hours
2)Listening to Saint
3)Listening to BadBob

He has been great for LFC since the 4-2-3-1.As important in the last half of last season as any player we have!

He's been as important as Torres or Gerrard?

Do us a favour... :no
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby SundanceKid » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:21 am

Fo Dne wrote:
Number 9 wrote:I put your lack of respect for Kuyt down to 3 things.
1)Working long hours
2)Listening to Saint
3)Listening to BadBob

He's been as important as Torres or Gerrard?

Do us a favour... :no

He hasn't been as important but he's worked harder than anyone else, and that's almost as important as being important  :D
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:25 am

Quote Big Mick:

When I talked earlier on in the season about the Champions League achivements not being anywhere near as difficult as some fans like to make out, that with the English clubs' financial advantage getting to the quarter finals and the like should be a minimum, nobody agreed with me. Not a one. I don't think anyone does still to be honest , I'm in a minority of one.

Make that a minority of two.

You havent been on your own about this point, so stop trying to make yourself out to be some sort of matyr on the topic. :D
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Owzat » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:01 am

I think Van Bast'd made a mistake subbing him at half time, cost him the match! But seriously it was poor tactical manoeuvring by Van Bast'd, the Dutch were completely outclassed and who would have thought it. Someone has pointed out that the teams that rested players have come a cropper, watch out Spain...................

Was Kuyt as important as Gerrard and Torres towards the end of last season? To some degree I'd say yes, not as Torres perhaps but he did rather play a hand in our CL progress with goals against Arsenal and Chelsea, but I doubt the suggestion will gain much support so it's another instance of disproof by unpopularity of suggestion
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:56 am

Well whether or not it's disproof by majority, unpopularity or whatever else, I don't think he contributed more than either Torres or Gerrard no. Quite why people have to go completely overboard about things in order to try and prove their point all the time baffles me to be honest.

Rafa has done a good job as manager of Liverpool in that he has rebuilt the team to a position where it is stronger than when he took it over. He isn't though comparable with Shankly, Paisley, Dalglish etc as some would have you believe. Based on what he has achieved so far it's a ridiculous idea in my opinion anyway. Kuyt has done well at right midfield. He's been one of our better players. He's been our best option on the right hand side and until we sign somebody else still is. He runs around a lot. He's a trier who gives 100% every game. He seems like a good bloke. He's managed mto shut up some of us who didn't think he would ever be worthy of a place in the team, in whichever position you care to mention. He is actually worth more than the three million quid some of us (well actually only me if I'm honest) said he was worth. All of this is true, and fair play to those who believed in him all along. You were right, some of us were wrong.

As important towards the end of last season as either Gerrard or Torres though? Lets be serious :laugh:
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:18 pm

Apart from Gerrard and Torres Mick?
Who in a red shirt had a better season than Dirk Kuyt once we played 4-5-1??

No one! He was excellent in everything that was asked of him and more!
What do you want from a player??Blood??

If you want to look at weak players look at Arbeloa.Allways caught out,seldom coming forward..Is he a world class Right back?No but because he is back there and not "in the action" he gets away with it?

Bottom line is you and a few others expected Dirk kuyt to bang goals in...So did I based on his record!
Put out to the right he has been great for LFC and looks a great player now and one that carries the team forward!
Some people just dont like that though because he was meant to be a striker!!

Im saying no more! :D
If Kuyt can carry his form from last season to this coming one,he will shut you all up with his feet and heart!
Im backing him to have a blinder from day one!
:;):
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:25 pm

I agree with all that Barry, maybe not quite to the degree you do but I'm not denying he did well. All I'm saying though is that claiming as some are that he was as important to the team as either Torres or Gerrard is just being daft.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:35 pm

bigmick wrote:I agree with all that Barry, maybe not quite to the degree you do but I'm not denying he did well. All I'm saying though is that claiming as some are that he was as important to the team as either Torres or Gerrard is just being daft.

Ok he was 4th best after Mascherano!!
Thats all im giving,FFS give the man a break like..Mick we dont need to replace players like Kuyt.We need to replace the ones that you forget were on the pitch after watching a game!
How many times last season did Arbeloa or when given a chance Aurelio play out of their skin??Never!
Average players like that deserve shi't on through no fault of their own...NOT Dirk Kuyt!

He will be great for us this season and if every player had his heart we would be a better team for it!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:41 pm

Number 9 wrote:Ok he was 4th best after Mascherano!!
Thats all im giving,

Ok mate, we'll shake hands on that then  :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:43 pm

bigmick wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Ok he was 4th best after Mascherano!!
Thats all im giving,

Ok mate, we'll shake hands on that then  :D

OK! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:44 pm

Number 9 wrote:
bigmick wrote:I agree with all that Barry, maybe not quite to the degree you do but I'm not denying he did well. All I'm saying though is that claiming as some are that he was as important to the team as either Torres or Gerrard is just being daft.

Thats all im giving,FFS give the man a break like..Mick we dont need to replace players like Kuyt.

I thought Reina had a pretty good season too Barry  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:47 pm

s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

Thats all im giving,FFS give the man a break like..Mick we dont need to replace players like Kuyt.

I thought Reina had a pretty good season too Barry  :D

Yeah he was excellent until we started getting crosses in the box in the first game!

Good keeper mate,but never a great one!
Great keepers dont have an obvious weakness,Reina does!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion