Kromkamp - I like him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red @ Heart » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:39 pm

i wanted to see if any you guys like the look of Kromkamp?

in todays match V Man city i thought he played a blinder (thats me personaly) i find that he is very aware of the players around him and he can play a very good ball.

the thing that helped me make my mind up about him was the pass he made to riise towards the end of the match in box, even the commentator made a comment about that pass and we almost said the same thing together "what great vision and composure", i think we may have done a good swap deal with this fellow, i think he will be very good for us with a few more games under his belt.

im sorry if there is another post made up.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby H_K_LFC » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:01 am

Definetly better than Josemi and looks like a good player for the future although he'll find it tough breaking into the team the way Finnan is playing.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:25 am

H_K_LFC wrote:Definetly better than Josemi and looks like a good player for the future although he'll find it tough breaking into the team the way Finnan is playing.

Be he proved that he is good enough going forward to earn himself a place on the right side of midfield which allows Gerrard to move back in the middle where he's more effective, not sure who is best on the right out of Kromkamp and Garcia though  ???

But like Red@Heart says he looks a good player  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:11 am

Well I'd keep him on the right of midfield, tbh.

He looked pretty decent, and I reckon he's a better bet there than Garcia, especially from a defensive point of view. (I'm not saying he's a better PLAYER - just that he's a better RM).

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:17 am

To me he looks like the sort of player who can come in if Finnan gets injured and keep his place. Says it all in my opinion. Very promising, looks a very good prospect. Apparently not so good defensively, still, looks like he'll offer more then Josemi ever did. :)
115-1073096938

Postby akumaface » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:01 am

He is a better RM than Garcia as Garcia's best position is to play behind the striker. Kromkamp awareness and touch are quite good. I'm sure he will play even better as yesterday was only his first start. Without Pongo now, Garcia is the best option we have if we want to change the temple of the game (as a sub). With SG and Alonso, they can cover a lot of ground in the middle and there is no need to play 5 midfield. We can play one more up front.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:10 am

I agree. He looked solid, good control and first touch. An excellent addition.

Only thing (small issue) that slightly worries me is his tendency to over-react, to tackles or when he gets dispossed. But I am sure Carra and the rest will sort it.

I just want to say that i think Agger did a good job today as well, I know some of his short passes were a little wayward, but to long directed boms upfield were pretty good. He seems strong in the air as well. Nice to see the new signings doing well.

Keep it up boys.
:)

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:38 am

He provides good crosses and passes into the box. Seems he's quite a thinking player. Just that, he's still not used to the game yet.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stevemm » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:44 am

Alanay wrote:He provides good crosses and passes into the box. Seems he's quite a thinking player. Just that, he's still not used to the game yet.

after all, much better than josemi
stevemm

Postby The_Rock » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:47 am

babu wrote:Only thing (small issue) that slightly worries me is his tendency to over-react, to tackles or when he gets dispossed. But I am sure Carra and the rest will sort it.

Don't u know ?...it is a trend now....to over-react  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stevemm » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:53 am

The_Rock wrote:
babu wrote:Only thing (small issue) that slightly worries me is his tendency to over-react, to tackles or when he gets dispossed. But I am sure Carra and the rest will sort it.

Don't u know ?...it is a trend now....to over-react  :p

should our team go to china for some diving training?
stevemm

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:10 am

I too think he looks like a good player. Clearly he is not a right-midfielder but he did an adequate job yesterday. He is a touch unfortunate to be behind Finnan who really is very impressive these days. His performances these last few weeks have gone on to another level and I'd be very surprised if he's ever played better in his career.
Back to Kromkamp, he is obviously in a different stratosphere to Josemi so in that sense was a good aquisition. Funnily enough my hunch is that the balance of the team would be slightly better if Kromkamp played right-back and Finnan right-midfield but so well is the former Fulham man playing, and so crucial is solidity in our back-four given our lack of goals, That Rafa is unwilling to make the change. Gotta say you can't blame him really.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:17 am

I like what little i've seen of Kronkamp . He seems quite offensively minded and has shown skills that you wouldn't normally associate with a defender . I wouldn't move Finnan out of the back four to accomodate him though Mick .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:24 am

i'm not sure i agree with mick here if we had to play finnan and kronkamp down the right and which woould play more offensively. personally i'd go with kronkamp as the RM. finnan is playing great and is crucial to that back four, i like the way he gets forward and he can put in some lovely crosses. but that's about as far as it goes and i think kronkamp actually has a little more guile and variation around the box, he was often looking for return balls and mixed up crosses with passes along the ground. for all finnan's undoubted talents i think he'd be a little easier to defend against.

what i would love to see on occasion though is a little 'total football' down that flank with the two overlapping and interchanging. there were hints of it on sunday and it looked like they could quickly develop an understanding.

this isn't a long standing solution to the right mid problem but its as good a bet as any for a try out.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:26 am

woof woof ! wrote:I wouldn't move Finnan out of the back four to accomodate him though Mick .

Nah me neither Woof. You couldn't as Finnan is absolutely playing ut of his skin and the defence is winning us game after game at the moment. Under normal circumstances though, were our defence not so totally watertight and were our strikers scoring a goal occasionally I think the balance would be better overall with Finnan right-mid.
This is where Kromkamp is really unlucky. IMHO Finnan is better than him both at right-back AND right-mid.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion