Kromkamp - I like him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:47 am

Its just ashame that the guys been dropped from the Dutch squad recently. I thought he was one of Van Bastens favourates.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:06 pm

andy_g wrote:i i think kronkamp actually has a little more guile and variation around the box, he was often looking for return balls and mixed up crosses with passes along the ground.

I agree Andy , loved how on occasion he would take on the defender and try to go past him . Think he's one of those fullbacks who always (secretly) wanted to be a winger , f'ckin' glory hunter !  :D  Seriously though ,he does strike me as being very positive when going forward and as you said he does offer more variation than Finnan at right mid . I'd stick with him at RM until at least we sign a proper one (  :D  ) .In the meantime the bonus is of course that with Kronkamp and Finnan playing along the right we have two more than able defenders who are quite capable of interchanging. position .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:08 pm

He looks a decent player and had a good game but i would be a bit p!ssed off if Rafa views him as the answer to our right midfield problems.
He is no winger and although he is comfortable on the ball he is not going to beat his man.
I would say he gives us an option there but unless we were playing a top side i wouldnt have him right midfield.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:45 pm

I wouldn't want him as the perm solution either , like I said "stick with him at rm until we sign a proper one " .
With the loss of Sissoko, Stevies back in CM so assuming Finnan remains ar RB we've got the option of Cisse , Garcia or Kronkamp for the RM spot . I'd prefer to see Cisse and Garcia up front (when used) so for me at the moment Kronkamp would be my choice.

Take your point about "unless we are playing a top side" Ace . Assuming you mean that against lesser sides we should stick Cisse or Garcia on the right ? Hard one to call , Cisse in poor form and defensively even against a ten man Man City side could you trust little Luis not to give the ball away  ?

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:50 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I wouldn't want him as the perm solution either , like I said "stick with him at rm until we sign a proper one " .
With the loss of Sissoko, Stevies back in CM so assuming Finnan remains ar RB we've got the option of Cisse , Garcia or Kronkamp for the RM spot . I'd prefer to see Cisse and Garcia up front (when used) so for me at the moment Kronkamp would be my choice.

Take your point about "unless we are playing a top side" Ace . Assuming you mean that against lesser sides we should stick Cisse or Garcia on the right ? Hard one to call , Cisse in poor form and defensively even against a ten man Man City side could you trust little Luis not to give the ball away  ?

:D

It just seems a bit negative to me. kromkamp will be solid enough and is a useful option, but i would rather he started hamann and put Gerrard on the right against sides were we know we will dominate possesion.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:53 pm

it just reaffirms how good gerrard is. when he's on the right we miss his drive in the middle. move him back to the middle as we did yesterday and we miss him on the right.

kromkamp is a decent squad player but is never a right mid in a million years.

bring back nunez :oops:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby H_K_LFC » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:00 pm

I dont like the sound of him at RM.We need a Rm that can beat players and then provide a cross(e.g SWP)Hopefully Gonzalez could provide this but Kromkamp is RB and looks a like a decent one at that.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:47 pm

Well I like the look of Kromkamp for us. He had a good game yesterday but it seems that he didn't do enough to get into the Holland squad, sound as if van basten doesn't like him:

Holland coach Marco van Basten has hit out at Jan Kromkamp for moving to Liverpool.

The former Milan striker is convinced that the defender has made some bad career choices since breaking into the Dutch national team.

The 25-year-old quit Villarreal for Anfield, in a swap deal that took Josemi to Spain, after enduring a difficult time in La Liga.

Kromkamp played in midfield during the win over Manchester City on Sunday but is struggling to nail down a regular place in the European champions' line-up.

"It is annoying that Kromkamp, who is a good player, made the wrong choices for his career," van Basten told ANP.

"It is sad when someone throws away his own chances and also doesn't help us.

"It seems to us that Jan is more busy with peripheral events.

"Jan has to make choices. I have no influence on that but, if he wanted my advice, that was possible."

Van Basten has overlooked the wing back for the friendly with Ecuador and it is believed he is upset with the player for leaving AZ Alkmaar in the first place, for Villarreal last year.

----------------------------------------------------

Only better for us IMO, there is less chance of him being injured. I think that van basten is just jealous that he never played for us and that we beat milan in the final  :rasp
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:50 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:Well I like the look of Kromkamp for us. He had a good game yesterday but it seems that he didn't do enough to get into the Holland squad, sound as if van basten doesn't like him:

Holland coach Marco van Basten has hit out at Jan Kromkamp for moving to Liverpool.

The former Milan striker is convinced that the defender has made some bad career choices since breaking into the Dutch national team.

The 25-year-old quit Villarreal for Anfield, in a swap deal that took Josemi to Spain, after enduring a difficult time in La Liga.

Kromkamp played in midfield during the win over Manchester City on Sunday but is struggling to nail down a regular place in the European champions' line-up.

"It is annoying that Kromkamp, who is a good player, made the wrong choices for his career," van Basten told ANP.

"It is sad when someone throws away his own chances and also doesn't help us.

"It seems to us that Jan is more busy with peripheral events.

"Jan has to make choices. I have no influence on that but, if he wanted my advice, that was possible."

Van Basten has overlooked the wing back for the friendly with Ecuador and it is believed he is upset with the player for leaving AZ Alkmaar in the first place, for Villarreal last year.

----------------------------------------------------

Only better for us IMO, there is less chance of him being injured. I think that van basten is just jealous that he never played for us and that we beat milan in the final  :rasp

Van Basten was a footballing genius but until he's actually done anything in management he should keep his mouth closed  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:51 pm

i thought he had a great game at rm

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:54 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:i thought he had a great game at rm

Me too mate  :cool:

Hollands lose is our gain although I'd like to see more of him at the world cup, obviously without picking up an injury!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:32 pm

Why wouldn't you leave AZ to play for Villareal a better team and then move to the Champions of Europe.CAn't understand wot Kromkamp done that was wrong ???
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:18 pm

thought he had a solid game at RM and looks good enough to push finnan for his place in time,

but rafa will pick finnan cause of his performances this season being consistent

rm is still open for the new signing in the summer whoever that might be.
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:36 pm

With Sissoko injured we need Gerrard back in the middle of the park. Kromkamp has proven he can do a job for us on RM then I believe he should be given a chance to prove his worth. Let's be honest, he ain't going to dislodge the best right back in the league from his position. I didn't see much of the game on saturday but from the sound of things on this forum he did a very decent job. He will also be freash which will be key in the coming weeks/months. Not many of our squad will be able to say that soon!!!  ???
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:48 pm

although in the first 30 minute of the half he looked shaky, i still found him a good player! he sends some nice passes to the box and has great vision. i know he isn't a winger, but he will stick around in the right hand of midfield for a while until we sign a right sided midfielder.
and heck yes he is better than josemi
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion