Kromkamp => ajax?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed May 24, 2006 8:55 pm

According from what I've heard, Kromkamp is not leaving Anfield despite what many reports claim. He was heavily linked with Ajax, however they've just signed a right-back. I don't see why they would go after Kromkamp after this signing.

The fact that we're interested in Daniel Alves has fueled the speculation however imo I think that if we do sign Alves it will be for the right-flank. He's been critisized by Van Basten for leaving Holland, but he's only 25 years old. Finnan is going to turn 30 so it's not impossible for him to break in the team in the near future.

Of course we have Barragan in the reserves who has done very well this season. But he's still a young lad and seeing how Benitez likes to rotate and rest players, having Kromkamp around won't hurt us.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby deejay-cgt » Wed May 24, 2006 8:57 pm

Kromkamp wont leave he only been here half a season why should we get rid of him?
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby Red Indian » Wed May 24, 2006 8:57 pm

I agree, although he's not set the world alight he looks a good capable squad player.
Red Indian

Postby metalhead » Wed May 24, 2006 8:59 pm

I heard Barragan will be going back to the spanish liga on loan for some first team experience.

as for Kromkamp, i don't think he will leave, not until if we sign another right back. Kromkamp is needed in Liverpool because he is an excellent backup for the consistant finnan.

I think we will see more of Kromkamp next season because Rafa will adopt the rotation policy more often.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed May 24, 2006 9:00 pm

deejay-cgt wrote:Kromkamp wont leave he only been here half a season why should we get rid of him?

There were some rumours about him being home sick.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby madred » Wed May 24, 2006 9:01 pm

Is it me or does he seem to have a look that says 'im well out my depth here'. Im trying to be kind to the lad and maybe he should be givin more time but i have not really been impressed by him. He seems very laboured and hasnt really got to grips with the prem at all.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed May 24, 2006 9:03 pm

madred wrote:Is it me or does he seem to have a look that says 'im well out my depth here'. Im trying to be kind to the lad and maybe he should be givin more time but i have not really been impressed by him. He seems very laboured and hasnt really got to grips with the prem at all.

Perhaps that's why more often than not he's come on and played on the right-wing. When he has played as a right-back, he's done well imo.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:07 pm

I hope he doesn't go. It may just be in contrast to the liability that was Josemi, but he's looked really good at times. Worth keeping around now that he's had a bit of time to settle.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby deejay-cgt » Wed May 24, 2006 9:11 pm

'im well out my depth here'
i agree in matches he ever plays he dont seem to stand out also looks lost. still think we should give him a chance
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby deejay-cgt » Wed May 24, 2006 9:12 pm

There were some rumours about him being home sick.
fair enough if he wants to leave if he is home sick overwise no reason for him going
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 24, 2006 9:16 pm

madred wrote:Is it me or does he seem to have a look that says 'im well out my depth here'. Im trying to be kind to the lad and maybe he should be givin more time but i have not really been impressed by him. He seems very laboured and hasnt really got to grips with the prem at all.

the lad deserves a full season and i'm not going to make any judgments on him until then.  Next year will be his big chance and we;ll see how he fairs.  To be honest, he's better than Josomi!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed May 24, 2006 9:18 pm

What are people talking about?

He looks like a good solid right back, good back up for the best right back in the country.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Wed May 24, 2006 9:31 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:What are people talking about?

He looks like a good solid right back, good back up for the best right back in the country.

my words exactly. right back's who "set the world on fire" or usually very poor defensiviely e.g. cicinho
coolsobs

Postby anti-hero » Wed May 24, 2006 11:11 pm

When has a right back been on fire anyways? :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed May 24, 2006 11:42 pm

My thoughts EXACTLY !

Whilst many will say the Fa Cup Final was a big stage and he did OK lets address the facts here. He was introduced when the majority of players were out on their feet with cramp and tiredness from an absorbing first 70 minutes of football. If you can't make an impression under those circumstances when are you going to make an impression !

The reality for me was that he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights and not up to the standard required to mount a serious challenge for the Premiership.

If Ajax come a calling then we should sell IMO.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion