Kop legend blasts rafa benitez - He deserves it

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:29 pm

He's not prepared to take the risks......AGREED
He's mucking up the league.......AGREED
Problem with Benitez.......AGREED

Solution, sack Benitez.......anyone agree?
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:31 pm

Agree
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Gerrard, Mascherano and Torres have started in only one FA CUP GAME this season.......we won 5-0 . Gerrard has come on as a sub in 2 other games for 3 minutes and 15 minutes, Torres hasn't even made it onto the pitch in the other games..... a glorious draw at Luton, a wonderfull win over non league Havant and a sparkling defeat against Barnsley.

We have only two real matchwinners, if they don't play Liverpool don't play. Rafa's team, Rafa's selection, Rafa should know better.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:33 pm

dawson99 wrote:what if hed played them, won but got them injured for wednesdays game?

the prob is that rafa is always looking to the next game before the current game is over, and its costing us.

In that case....lets not play gerrard and torres at all...  :p

They can just warm up along the sidelines every match...lets not get them injured.....we need them for the important pre-season games in asia.....  :lookaround
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:37 pm

Like everyone I'm gutted over the result BUT with Inter coming up just a few days later I do understand in this instance Rafa wanting to rest some key players , the team he put out looked more than capable (on paper at least) of beating Barnsley. I raised an eyebrow at the central pairing but generally was satisfied we had enough quality to win the game, think my prediction was 2-0 (shows what i know).

Not posting this in defence of Rafa, but if I'm angry with anyone over yesterdays result it's the players that took to the field and failed to deliver.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:43 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Like everyone I'm gutted over the result BUT with Inter coming up just a few days later I do understand in this instance Rafa wanting to rest some key players , the team he put out looked more than capable (on paper at least) of beating Barnsley. I raised an eyebrow at the central pairing but generally was satisfied we had enough quality to win the game, think my prediction was 2-0 (shows what i know).

Not posting this in defence of Rafa, but if I'm angry with anyone over yesterdays result it's the players that took to the field and failed to deliver.

If this was a "one off" poor performance I think its fair to say it is more than likely the players fault. When we get poor performances week in week out everytime we play supposedly weaker opposition I think you have to look at the manager.

Like you I thought the team was strong enough to win comfortably Woof, but take Reina, Gerrard, Mascherano and Torres out of our team and it seems theres not much left.

Postby destro » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Tommy smith also said this

Rafa Benitez reminds me of Shanks. He understands the game, how to get the best from individuals, how to change a game with substitutions and his tactics are sound.

He has gradually built a squad that looks far stronger than last season, combining class, pace, excellent movement and strength in depth.

Its a funny old world football :;):
destro

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:49 pm

destro wrote:Tommy smith also said this

Rafa Benitez reminds me of Shanks. He understands the game, how to get the best from individuals, how to change a game with substitutions and his tactics are sound.

He has gradually built a squad that looks far stronger than last season, combining class, pace, excellent movement and strength in depth.

Its a funny old world football :;):

Before Pako left or after ?  :D

Postby skatesy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:02 pm

This talk about having to play Gerrard and Torres in this game is ludicrous. If we cannot beat Barnsley with the squad that we had yesterday then there is something wrong. If we NEED Gerrard and Torres on the field then there is something wrong. The squad that was fielded yesterday was more than capable, on paper, to beat Barnsley and they didn't.
skatesy

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:05 pm

skatesy wrote:This talk about having to play Gerrard and Torres in this game is ludicrous. If we cannot beat Barnsley with the squad that we had yesterday then there is something wrong. If we NEED Gerrard and Torres on the field then there is something wrong. The squad that was fielded yesterday was more than capable, on paper, to beat Barnsley and they didn't.

Its pretty obvious that we DO need Gerrard and Torres on the field, so THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG.

The problem mate is we play on grass not paper.

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:05 pm

skatesy wrote:This talk about having to play Gerrard and Torres in this game is ludicrous. If we cannot beat Barnsley with the squad that we had yesterday then there is something wrong. If we NEED Gerrard and Torres on the field then there is something wrong. The squad that was fielded yesterday was more than capable, on paper, to beat Barnsley and they didn't.

Football isn't played on paper, it's played on grass. Therefore you need people who can play.

All season there's been people criticising, Intandje, Carra (god knows why) Hyypia (because of age) Riise, Benayoun, Alonso, Babe, Kuyt and Crouch. All these players have taken blame and all started. How can people who've been called sh!t at some point this season be a good side?
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:21 pm

So all of a sudden , when the team was announced, some of you thought "don't think that 11 is good enough to beat Barnsley"

???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:33 pm

woof woof ! wrote:So all of a sudden , when the team was announced, some of you thought "don't think that 11 is good enough to beat Barnsley"

???

I was fairly happy with the team mate, but then again I am not paid millions of pounds a year for getting it right. If anything the team I picked was weaker than Rafa's but then again its his job to win games not mine.

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:44 pm

woof woof ! wrote:So all of a sudden , when the team was announced, some of you thought "don't think that 11 is good enough to beat Barnsley"

???

Whenever I see a team without Gerrard and Torres I doubt we're good enough to beat another football side. They are the only two attacking players who can win us a game. Whether it be by creating or scoring. They are 9 times out of 10 involved in every goal we score.

I didn't neccessarily think we wouldn't win, because I didn't see them scoring, not with the defence we had. But I didn't see us scoring either. Without Torres and Gerrard I feel nervy, I felt nervy before the team was announced because it was a cup tie.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:44 pm

the problem is, with gerrard, masche, reina and torres being in the team, there's never been a proof we make a more consistent team
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion