Kewell told to take a break

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFCFan4Life » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:10 pm

KEWELL FACING THREE MONTHS OUT

Injury-hit Liverpool midfielder Harry Kewell has been advised to take a three-month break to recover from a career-threatening groin problem.

One of the world's top sports physiotherapists, Amsterdam-based Andre van Alphen, has treated Kewell and informed Liverpool and Football Federation Australia of his findings.

“My opinion is for a good conventional treatment period so the body gets time to heal and recuperate,” van Alphen said in his report.

“This will take about three months to full fitness. It is impossible to recover while playing football.”

Socceroos coach Frank Farina told the Melbourne Age newspaper he would be surprised if Kewell kicked a ball again this season.

“I saw his comeback game after seven or eight weeks out and he did quite well but it wasn't the Harry of old,” said Farina.

“He is very frustrated that he can't perform at his best. What happens next is a decision for the club to make, the medical staff and Harry himself.”
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:16 pm

give him the time off...he's not been fit all season and we can cope without him....lets just hope he comes back next season at his best...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rosa » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:36 pm

If only he could get a run in the side and show us what he can do. We all remember the great player he was at leeds. Benitez will have to think about the future without him if he is not right for the new season. shame.... On another subject, I saw a computer generated image of the new stadium. Fantastic!!!!! ???
Rich
rosa

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:49 pm

LFCFan4Life wrote:KEWELL FACING THREE MONTHS OUT

Injury-hit Liverpool midfielder Harry Kewell has been advised to take a three-month break to recover from a career-threatening groin problem.

One of the world's top sports physiotherapists, Amsterdam-based Andre van Alphen, has treated Kewell and informed Liverpool and Football Federation Australia of his findings.

“My opinion is for a good conventional treatment period so the body gets time to heal and recuperate,” van Alphen said in his report.

Maybe he should have advised that the lad also takes some time to get his head right . Hate to see such talent going down the drain .

The problem with Harry is NOT just physical .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:52 pm

send him home, tell him to come back for pre season and take it form there...if by next xmas he's still the same then get rid, but im willing to give him a chance if it means the old Harry Kewell could come back...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:03 pm

Im not to sure Benitez will keep him or not, ok he was great at leeds but even there fans said he was lazy he would play well 3 out of 10 games.
Its a gamble what if the start of next season is a repeat of this one ??? , anyway im not the gafa, I dont know what he will do.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Badmao1 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:11 pm

send him home, tell him to come back for pre season and take it form there...if by next xmas he's still the same then get rid, but im willing to give him a chance if it means the old Harry Kewell could come back...

Thats the best idea yet, too much talent to give away if maybe some time off will sort him out. There's no doubt that the Kewell we've have so far is not the player we expected and things need to be improved.
Badmao1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:20 pm

Badmao1 wrote:

Thats the best idea yet, too much talent to give away if maybe some time off will sort him out. There's no doubt that the Kewell we've have so far is not the player we expected and things need to be improved.

But hes been bloody out nearly all season isnt that enough rest ???  How many games has he played this season? Anyone know?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:45 pm

Fu*king hell he hasen't done sh*t this season, he could have had a year off or something.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:53 pm

Yer an how come he can fly to London to get his hair cut and cant fly to Germany with the team :angry:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:06 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Yer an how come he can fly to London to get his hair cut and cant fly to Germany with the team :angry:

How do you know he went to London for a haircut?
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:18 pm

my fear is we sell him, he finds form and becomes a great player again...but it's down to the Rafa...he might have had enough already!
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:22 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Im not to sure Benitez will keep him or not, ok he was great at leeds but even there fans said he was lazy he would play well 3 out of 10 games.
Its a gamble what if the start of next season is a repeat of this one ??? , anyway im not the gafa, I dont know what he will do.

I agree with what you say! I think its time to get rid of him!!! He might have played a few good games, but we need players who are on form now, not next season! I mean, do we really need him?  :grinning:
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:24 pm

it's a tough one....on form he's a great winger...off form he's like a 35 yr old John Barnes :(
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:29 pm

Kewell is so f*cking good I don't wanna see him go :(
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion