Kewell told to take a break

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby charwell » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:01 am

Kewell is a joke and has taken us for right mugs. Just p1ss off you con merchant.
charwell

Postby el_stinger » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:12 am

How stupid is all this talk, its rubbish. You guys, Smicer was allowed to prove himself once he was at full fitness, took nearly all season to get right, and look at him now, still sh1t. You would rather have a ****** Smicer than Kewell at 60%. Sometimes a groin injury is worse than a broken leg, it takes time to recover, and the club had called upon him on numerous occasions when he wasnt fit, to play for us. He did it, because he wanted to please the club, the fans, himself, its what he does. He doesnt think about the injuries. If he is injured and playing football, how the hell can you expect him to play like he used to?? Stop being all arsho1es and look at the bigger picture, sh1t we did it for Smicer.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:18 am

Selling kewell on the basis that he is seldom fit and a risky player to have in your squad isn't exactly going to add value in the tansfer market ???

I think Liverpool will allow him the time off if it's a medical opinion that he should not play for a set amount of time. You would like to think that however much LFC need a player of his calibre they wouldn't disregard medical opiniona nd force him to play.

I read Benitez's comments midweek and they sounded like he is becoming more and more exasperated with Kewell. However it's obvious that Kewell is desperate to impress the new boss and secure his long term future at Liverpool and has demonstrated this by playing when not fit and has paid the price.

I say keep faith with him and allow him the 3 months (5 or nearer 6 months in reality with the close season coming up) and see how he performs next season in a team hopefully with Alonso, Cisse and possible new signings in it next season......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:34 am

Smicer is a player who is (or should be) looking for a new club...he hasn't started and i he wont be here next season..
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:24 am

You can't simply nominate a player who is probably poorer than Kewell as a jusification for keeeping Harry ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:12 am

kewell needs a salary cut too... its burning a hole in LFC's coffers. this money could be used to motivate other determined players (e.g. Carra, Warnock)
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:03 am

money can never be used to motivate
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby jack66 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:46 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:kewell needs a salary cut too... its burning a hole in LFC's coffers. this money could be used to motivate other determined players (e.g. Carra, Warnock)

Agreed,would prefer it if kewell took a permenent break,so disappointed in him.I think it will be the end of the line for him in the summer,cant see rafa putting up with him any longer,and who can blame him.
jack66

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion