Kewell

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roma 84 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:33 pm

What is the problem with Harry Kewell. Is the guy a hypercondriac or is he just having a laugh. He was signed from leeds for £5million and has been payed almost ... wait for it ... £8,000,000 stg so far and hasnt justified a fraction. He has been told by some of the worlds most qualified physio's that he is fit to play, in a period where we need our big players pulling their socks up and justifying there worth. Yet he moans about niggling injuries that he has already been giving half the season to sort out- cisse has broke his leg and he's not far of light training.
Look at Warnock willing to battle through the derby with a sprained ankle, could have done himself untold damage, after breaking his leg twice for the reds in recent years. The guy is probobly on 1/10 of kewells wage.
Theres not too many Liverpool FC's out there for Harrry to walk into and would be a shame if he departs without doing himself justice, there is no doubt that if he gets his head sorted he could be a top LFC player, theres no doubting he has the potential. Just a crying shame with such big games coming up.
If the guy genuinely is in pain all season I apologise for my views.
I know you guys dont like LFC players being criticised on this forum- Its just been annoying me for quite some time now and had to make my feelings known somewhere.
Roma 84

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:01 pm

Roma 84 wrote:He has been told by some of the worlds most qualified physio's that he is fit to play.

Really, I thought the top physio is that particular area said that he needs to take at least 3 months complete rest in order to give himself a chance to have a full recovery.

He also said that there is no chance of recovering while playing football.

Kewell should be given full rest until now and pre-season and if things still don't work out he can be sold in January or next summer.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:50 pm

Kewell should be given full rest until now and pre-season and if things still don't work out he can be sold in January or next summer.

I agree, give him next season...or at least the start of it, if he don't improve get rid.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:56 pm

After spending the amount we have I dont think we can afford to just ditch, we need to get the best out of him.... or else thats another shi.tload of cash houllier wasted.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:15 pm

The thing is, it is quiet clear that he is physically not were he was, he has definitely lost pace and speed of movement.

So there is no point in playing him in his current condition anyway, he offers very little to the team. If he is given the chance to have a full recovery then there is no excuse.

But I honestly believe that he really wants to do his best for Liverpool, and if he can fully recover he can do a lot better, maybe he won't be as good as before, because the injury he has will have long term effects, but he will still be worth keeping.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roma 84 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:35 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:After spending the amount we have I dont think we can afford to just ditch, we need to get the best out of him.... or else thats another shi.tload of cash houllier wasted.

I could blame houllier for many signings, but not kewell. Dont think theres one Liverpool fan out there that would have snuffed at kewell a few years back for 5million.
I think harry has just let his mental and physical deteriorate over recent years. Unfortunatley we are not in position right now to give players best part of a season to fully recover.
Patrick Veira has played almost all season throught the pain barrier for arsenal.
We obviously dont want kewell doing any damage to himself playing with injuries.. he could just do with showing a bit more input. He was given the all clear to play against leverkuusen and declared himself unfit. If hes injury prone i think its time to look elsewhere- which is a shame in my eyes.
Roma 84

Postby A.B. » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:00 pm

The Mirror says that Kewell is going to Bayern Munich.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:50 pm

The Mirror says that Kewell is going to Bayern Munich.

ok, so now we know where he isn't going to  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:51 pm

A.B. wrote:The Mirror says that Kewell is going to Bayern Munich.

Then it must be true.

On another note, according to the Sport, they found a London bus on the moon.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roma 84 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:54 pm

A.B. wrote:The Mirror says that Kewell is going to Bayern Munich.

Hopefully we get something from the guy before it comes to him moving on. Hes probobly one of the best natural left wingers around.
Like the avatar A.B. Was watching that match last week and thought i was the only one that noticed Rafa's bita magic.
Roma 84

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:03 pm

according to the Sport, they found a London bus on the moon.

and i bet it has huge tits as well! :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:14 pm

Then it must be true.

Who said it was true? I just simply stated what I read, or is that against the rules here wanna be mod? F#cking asswipe.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:44 pm

A.B. wrote:
Then it must be true.

Who said it was true? I just simply stated what I read, or is that against the rules here wanna be mod? F#cking asswipe.

Its called sarcasm, and its a form of humour AB you Wannabe Liverpool fan Freakin @rse wipe....... :p
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:03 pm

If Kewell stays, he should at least do the club one big favour and ask for another number.....number 7's dont shirk their responsibilities at this club. :angry:
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:47 pm

Its called sarcasm, and its a form of humour AB you Wannabe Liverpool fan Freakin @rse wipe......

I couldn't give a damn what the hell it was, if you don't like the post don't reply to it. It's quite simple jackass.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion