Kewell's commitment - none of it

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby morientes_gerrard » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:03 pm

Harry Kewell since joining Liverpool has shown no commitment to the club. He is on £60,000 a week and he is just taking it for granted.

For a boyhood Liverpool Fan he hasn't put enough effort in, he runs around like he just don't care.

Opinions??
morientes_gerrard

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:12 pm

Difficult to say, he guy has talent, thats obvious, but it's difficult to say whenever he's been injured or just lazy....apparently he's playing in the reserves Wed and we'll see what happens from there.  If he can hep us in the Champions league then i'm sure he can redeem himself.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:37 am

I think I have finally come to the conclusion that Harry Kewell has been a waste of money. I have not critisized him, but now feel that he has had plenty of time and opportunity to prove himself (and for me all that means is 100% committment), and he has failed. He looks like a person who does not love to play, but rather only wants to get paid. A shadow of the brash, young cocky kid who came up through Leeds. He looks to have gained weight, and that will only happen if he does not work hard in practice.

I say dump him in the summer, free up the wage bill for someone who loves the club and the game. Whatever he does from now and the end of the season, I do not think my opinion of him will change.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:03 pm

In all honesty, Kewell has had enough chances at LFC, and its time for him to ship out.

Harry is the type of player who will only play if he is 100% fit, unlike players who only wont play if 100% injured, like for instance Carra.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:20 pm

I don't really know what to think of Kewell.

Up until November of this year I supported him and cited his serious injuries as an excuse, but then somebody (it was Leon actually) pointed out to me that Harry took his missus on a sun holiday last pre-season instead of having an operation as advised by his doctors, and since then my estimation of him has gone downhill. I did some research into what Leon said and it appears to be true: I even came across some Hello! photographs of him frolicking on the beach!

I think there's a major row imminent between Benitez and Kewell and I think it'll come to a head in the summer. I have a sneaking feeling that Kewell, Hyppia and Baros will be major casualties of the Benitez regime.

I'd feel sorry for Sammi if he was sold as he was a great servant but time goes on and I think we need a change there. I think Baros will be sold as a fund raising exercise and a lesser name forward will be signed instead. I think a few people will be disappointed if Baros is sold but it won't break anyone's heart.

If Kewell is sold I doubt few people will really care. The form Damien Duff and Arjen Robben are showing at Chelsea this season is what Harry Kewell is capable of. Indeed, in some respects Kewell has more to his game than both those players.

However, its 3 years since we have seen Harry's best: he did ok last year but he was still only at 60%.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:24 pm

i dont think benitez likes Mick Dundee too much and i feel if a decent offer comes for him he'll be gone.

its a shame because it was an incredible signing at the time but sometimes even super players fall short sometimes through injury like Fowler. :(
109-1093441336

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:36 pm

meelan#5 wrote:i dont think benitez likes Mick Dundee too much and i feel if a decent offer comes for him he'll be gone.

its a shame because it was an incredible signing at the time but sometimes even super players fall short sometimes through injury like Fowler. :(

Pass the crack pipe man I need a forkin hit.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby marcus.c » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:43 am

I say lets kick that guy out. For goodness sake, how long are we going to wait for that guy? Obviously he is just isn't good enough. People used to rave about his days at leeds, but that was history.

So far, what did he contribute? Except for his inconsistency and injuries, he contributed nothing. Beside he is on a payroll of $60,000. For that money and he is playing trash football? I say that is nonsense.

If we were to move forward as a club, we got to get quality players. Quality means consistency !
marcus.c

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:29 am

marcus.c wrote:Beside he is on a payroll of $60,000. For that money and he is playing trash football? I say that is nonsense.

if only it were $60 000, it is infact £60 000, which is considerbaly more.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:20 am

he just doesnt seem to have the desire to play football anymore, hasnt got that hunger, he is talented without a doubt but he just isnt implementing it, and i remember when he signed for us and if im not mistaken he said its an honour to be wearing the number 7 shirt of liverpool being such a big fan, when asked his favourite he couldnt name 1!!!!  :D
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion