Kewell - Is he getting back to his best

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Hotrod » Sat May 07, 2005 11:50 am

Is is just me or do u think in the last two games Harry seems to look like a half dcent player against Boro he took shots looked like he had confidence even against Chelsea he worked the flanks very well

Maybe I am jumping the gun a bit but he says he is playin without pain which makes him look a different player

Your views please
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat May 07, 2005 12:05 pm

You probably are jumping the gun a bit, but i admit since he has returned he has looked lively.

And maybe Rafa should give him one last chance next season.

But Kewell has GOT to show he is fighting for the cause and not go missing during next seasons campaign.

The jury is out on him though i expect.
66-1112520797

Postby Woollyback » Sat May 07, 2005 12:22 pm

Yeah he's definitely looked a bit sharper but for a lot of people its too little, too late. He's got one hell of a job on his hands to prove he's worth keeping and to justify some of the £60k a week we've been paying him

I think Rafa will bin him in the summer
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Sat May 07, 2005 12:26 pm

I reckon Kewell has played gud since he came back he's gettin bac helpin the defence when needed to,he's croossin good balls in from the wing like he did forleeds.So es he is playin better but not excellent. :).I reckon shud lower his wage down to about 30-50k a week untill he plays like a 60 k player for his wages.
joependo

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat May 07, 2005 12:38 pm

If the board can negotiate a substantial pay cut (ie. 50-60%) then I say we definately give him another season... if not i think he should probably go in the summer.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Hotrod » Sat May 07, 2005 12:53 pm

agree completly with the wage thing but if he gets a propor pre-season under his belt and stays pain free, coz that helps a damm lot if u can play without pain. But what if he does get back to his best he could be great for us
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby gabbyh » Sat May 07, 2005 1:22 pm

Why has he been playing in pain for so long? Why wasn't it sorted sooner? He did look sharp against Chelsea.
gabbyh

Postby Hotrod » Sat May 07, 2005 1:36 pm

Not sure but i do remmeber him saying he was playing through the pain barrier if that is true it mite explain his horrendeous form i am not giving him excuses but maybe a good preformace against aresnal from him could show u what i mean maybe its the long hair or somthing but he looks alot sharper and faster than before
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby The_Rock » Sat May 07, 2005 1:53 pm

gabbyh wrote:Why has he been playing in pain for so long? Why wasn't it sorted sooner? He did look sharp against Chelsea.

cos he didn't go for surgery during last summer....

rafa sent kewell to his trusted doctor in spain, and i guess kewell has recovered.

Looks like rafa really rates kewell  :buttrock
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 07, 2005 2:09 pm

we all know what harry is capable of at his best but he hasnt shown it enough at liverpool. to be fair to him he scored a few last season though. and the wages thing getting levelled at him is a bit unfair because he wanted to join us and no one else leeds were snookered so we are only paying him in wages what we would have had to spend on a reasonable tranfer fee for someone of his ability. when he was at leeds he was excellent and when he took the ****** out of ferdinand and campbell by waltzing by them to score for australia against england he looked like maradona or someone.
if he gets his old form back he will be one of our best players and would walk into any side in the prem. can he turn back the clock and regain his old form? that is the big question.
he looks to me like someone dissillusioned with the game but maybe rafa can still get the best out of him.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 07, 2005 2:12 pm

If Harry helps us win the Champions league then i'd give him one more season.....but i've got the feeling Rafa has made up his mind who is in and whose going out
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gabbyh » Sat May 07, 2005 2:17 pm

I think Rafa does too.
Also, Rafa does not slag off his players individually to the press. I think that if Rafa is seriously unhappy with a player, nothing is said in the press, but said player is either sold or put out on loan. When they return to the team they are in the right frame of mind for Rafa to weave his magic. I guess Igor has stayed because he impressed Rafa with his heart and commitment to the club and not necessarily because of his amazing skill.

If Owen and Murphy had impressed Rafa, WOW! I can't imagine what they would be like now. Maybe they thought they were the finished article and didn't impress Rafa with their attitude??
gabbyh

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 07, 2005 2:26 pm

is Biscan staying?  He would be a handy squad player but i have the feeling that he wants regular football and thats not going to happen with a fit Gerrard and Alonso
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Sat May 07, 2005 2:35 pm

Biscan should be given a new contract it would be a bit harsh for him to get offloaded but i would'nt be surprised if it happened. As you lot said before he will not get regular footie at liverpool. Going back to Kewell as i said before he is trying alot harder he is fighting more and getting crosses into the box ans shooting more often i reckon next season it will be make or break for him he has to stay fit, that is extremly essential if he does stay fit becomes 100% than he can become a good player for us and rafa has always said he rates him, but i think he will be given a new role behind the strikers which rafa seems to think is his best role. Good luck for Harry
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby RifleRusher » Sat May 07, 2005 2:56 pm

i agree with lowering his wages. give him another season maybe. until january? see how he does first, if he's still messing up for the first half of next season, we can let him off.
RifleRusher

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion