Kewell could be back for anderlecht - About time

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:08 pm

I think we'll all be supprised with the performances that Harry will put in this year!  He knows it's the crossroads year for him, perform well, and he will be forgiven.  And if he doesn't - bye-bye.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:21 pm

can people stop this facade that harry kewell is going to be back to his best,he has lost two yards of pace,hardly ever beats fullbacks now because of that lost pace and is injury prone,HE IS FINISHED AND WE WILL NEVER SEE HIM BACK AT HIS BEST!
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:24 pm

can people stop this facade that harry kewell is going to be back to his best,he has lost two yards of pace,hardly ever beats fullbacks now because of that lost pace and is injury prone,HE IS FINISHED AND WE WILL NEVER SEE HIM BACK AT HIS BEST!

I don't think he's lost that much pace, I think it's more the case of him being afraid to go at defenders because of the injuries he has. He's confidence has gone down the hill with the injuries he's picked up.

Last year he played part in some of our important goals, but he wasn't anywhere near in form.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:31 pm

people be patient. still remember kewell's first season as reds? he was outstanding! he scored 12 goals that season and really ripped other teams apart. He still can do this, i hope his injury nightmare is over and he can concentrate on his football. He is a very talented player and we could use him alot to win.

give him time... judge him at the end of this season
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby don » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:39 pm

Kewell was a good player ...................at Leeds.Not now.He is just a lazy bum.If he broke a toenail he would be out for 6 months.He should play on a no play no pay basis,then we might just see some action.I bet he is not injured for the few weeks before new contract talks :sleep
don

Postby HantsRed » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:40 pm

mighty mo wrote:can people stop this facade that harry kewell is going to be back to his best,he has lost two yards of pace,hardly ever beats fullbacks now because of that lost pace and is injury prone,HE IS FINISHED AND WE WILL NEVER SEE HIM BACK AT HIS BEST!

Remember when Australia beat England 3-1, albeit in a friendly, when Kewell was instrumental and looked at his world beating best? That was less than 2 years ago and he's been more or less bugged with injury since then.

If (and admittedly it is a big if) he is finally free from the groin problems then anyone would be mad not to want him in the side. You can't say he has lost pace because he's hasn't been fully fit for a long time.

He offers a genuine goal threat whether playing out wide or in the middle and everyone knows we could do with that at the moment, not to mention his crossing ability.
HantsRed

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:36 am

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:And what have those players got to do with Kewell?

Nothing directly. I'm just stating the fact that no matter who the player may be, injuries can and will stop them. (I thought that was pretty obvious.)
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:47 am

(I thought that was pretty obvious.)

It was, but obviously to him it's a bit tad complicating. :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby TheoRacle » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:24 am

FWIW - had a dream last night, that Kewell scored against Anderlecht. Fingers crossed!

IMO all this talk about any professional footballer being a lazy bugger is sh.ite! Sure some may go through periods of frustration and a dip in form when they are low on confidence or recovering from injury - but to say that some simply don't want to play just doesn't sit right with me. 

I reckon if you've put your whole life in to playing football from an early age including moving to where ever you could get a game with a professional club at 15 it's because you love playing football and will do so at every opportunity.

I grew up with a couple of guys that had some real talent at 15 or 16 and maybe they weren't good enough to play in the premier league but I reckon they could of had a decent career here in OZ. But these guys were lazy and just not interested in the work required to go to the next level.  My point is that you just don't become 'lazy' when faced with the opportunity to make a real name for yourself, at the pinnacle of professional football for a club that you've supported since you were a kid.

With this in mind, I'm quite happy to give Kewell the benefit of the doubt and all the support he needs to get back to playing the way we know he can.  If his injuries are such that he simply cannot recover fully and stay injury free then sadly that probably means the early end of what was a promising career and Lando's comparison with Cruyff is entirely relevant.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:57 am

Kewell better than zenden and riise. i don think rafa will accept that....right now kewell is worse than traore and josemi combined.
darwisigila

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion