Kewell back against wigan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:39 pm

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez believes Harry Kewell may play against Wigan in two weeks' time.

Kewell is yet to kick a ball for The Reds this term after injuring himself at last summer's World Cup in Germany.

However, the ex-Leeds ace is back in training and Benitez believes he may be ready to make his first-team return against Wigan on 21st April.

"He's back in training," Benitez said.

"But when you've been injured for a long time and you start working hard you get tired and need rest.

"He's close but how close? We'll need to see him playing in some small games first.

"Then after that we'll need to see him play eleven-a-sides.

"He will play again this season, though. Maybe in two weeks' time."

Well we are short on the left/right at the minute arnt we with the injury to Aurelio, and Riise hasnt been on form this season, Gonzales has struggled.
So I suppose if we can get some kind of form out of Arry till the end of the season then it will be all well and good as long as he doesnt jet off and play for Oz that is.
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:44 pm

great news harry is one of our best players and all the fickle people who unbelievebly critacise him for being injured will remember how good he is and what he can bring to this team
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:52 pm

FFS just in time for the champions league semi's and the final , feckin glory hunter :angry:

Only joking kiddo's , if he is fit to play and can get himself match fit , he may just be the answer to our left sided problems . It is a funny coincedence though ,don't yer think. 20 mins in the final anyone. :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:05 pm

Igor's right. Save him for the Champions League Final. :oops:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:16 pm

Nobody needs convincing how good Harry is on his day. I just hope he can get up a decent level of fitness. It will be a great boost for us.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:20 pm

Yet to kick a ball?  That doesn't fill me with any hope that we'll see him this season.  Perhaps a 10 minute cameo late in a home league game but surely he'll never reach the requisite match fitness to be of any use to us during the run-in?
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:27 pm

Yet to kick a ball?  That doesn't fill me with any hope that we'll see him this season.  Perhaps a 10 minute cameo late in a home league game but surely he'll never reach the requisite match fitness to be of any use to us during the run-in?

First good news.

Second if we have games under control in the last 4 games I think we'll see him in 30 mins appearances or something, to finnish matches.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:28 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Yet to kick a ball?  That doesn't fill me with any hope that we'll see him this season.  Perhaps a 10 minute cameo late in a home league game but surely he'll never reach the requisite match fitness to be of any use to us during the run-in?

He has been training with the team though Ive seen pics of him on the pitch at CL away games and at Melwood with the team.
Maybe its another one Rafa pulls out the hat in our CL quest  :D  Well you never know with Rorfah  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:31 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:FFS just in time for the champions league semi's and the final , feckin glory hunter :angry:

Only joking kiddo's , if he is fit to play and can get himself match fit , he may just be the answer to our left sided problems . It is a funny coincedence though ,don't yer think. 20 mins in the final anyone. :D

that was my first thought  :D , saying that if we can get him fit and ready then on his day he`s the best we have out on the left
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:36 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Yet to kick a ball?  That doesn't fill me with any hope that we'll see him this season.  Perhaps a 10 minute cameo late in a home league game but surely he'll never reach the requisite match fitness to be of any use to us during the run-in?

He has been training with the team though Ive seen pics of him on the pitch at CL away games and at Melwood with the team.
Maybe its another one Rafa pulls out the hat in our CL quest  :D  Well you never know with Rorfah  :D

That is good news, you're right.  I just think he'll be so far off the pace that we'll not get too much out of him this season.  Hope I'm wrong.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Smeg » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:13 am

Fuc*ing hell, Salif will be back at this rate, bandanna n all, ready to scab a touch of ol big ears in Greece :D
Smeg

Postby SoppMeister » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:31 am

Harry was brilliant in the run-in last season, I think it was FA Cup semi at Chelsea that he played one of his best games for us, and who can forget the goal against Everton at home.

Having said that though, it's asking too much to get back to that sort of form so quickly.
SoppMeister

Postby babu » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:36 am

Going to be a bit cynical here, i like Harry, always have. Hope he gets back into form and stays injury free. BUT his recovery means he might just be match fit by the time the season ends and his value on the market in the summer should rise. if we get a good offer, SELL.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:40 am

RedBlood wrote:great news harry is one of our best players and all the fickle people who unbelievebly critacise him for being injured will remember how good he is and what he can bring to this team

No-one doubts his ability. Last season he was quality. Its the fact he's played nonce (you are one... :D ) this season that people don't like.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:52 am

kewell was indeed a key player last season especially toward the end of the season he seemed to really find his form. it's gonna be difficult for him however to suddenly pick up where he left off - he needs match fitness but also the shape of the team has changed since he last played with new players who he'll need to learn to play. but if he fancies 20 minutes in greece then that's fine by me. personally i reckon we'll sell him in the summer
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion