Kewell back against wigan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:33 pm

Yeahhhhh!!! Harry is absolutely vital to us if we are going to win the CL.  When we get the final it is imperative he plays for say 20mins, gets injured and then we win!! CL and Fa cup.

A fit Kewell will be needed next season, as long as the injury is fully cleared up, an uninterruppted season and we could see him at his best. I don't know who would buy him as suggested, very high wages (thanks again Gerard).
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:34 pm

s@int wrote:Ye of little faith :D

I'm just worried he will get injured again before the final  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:06 pm

I'm thrilled to hear that he's back playing. Only played 35 minutes, so maybe he is an outside bet for the bench tomorrow.

Really pleased for the guy that he's back in a red shirt, even if it's for the reserves. He's had a nightmare time, and some uncalled for jibes on this board.
ivor_the_injun

Postby LFC #1 » Tue May 01, 2007 3:58 am

Effes wrote:Remeber when Kewell was thrown in against Milan 2 years ago?

Could it happen again? (or subs bench?)

I have a sneaky feeling Rafa might do this you know. Arbeloa has been awful over the last two games and Rafa may want to drop him and bring Riise in to left back meaning we'd have to play Gonzalez or Zenden at left mid.

If Kewell is even close to full fitness Rafa will give it serious thought.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 01, 2007 5:21 am

yeah would be good to see harry, just to see what his hair is like now  :D

seriously a fit harry kewell will be just like getting a new player, i would love to see him agaisnt ferrera tonight, he would be well up for it

i am getting excited now

come ooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnn you redddddddddddddddddddssssssss
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 01, 2007 6:12 am

Been reading on other sites that Kewell looked very slim and fit last night.(looked like an athlete) Seems he has been putting the hard work in, I was expecting him to have piled the pounds on during his long absence.
account deleted by request

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue May 01, 2007 6:31 am

When fit, this guy can be awesome, as he was last season.

Such a shame about the injuries.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:51 am

i would like to seem in on the sub bench tonight, if we need to use him so be it, he could come on and get a goal or set one one. Just look at the history of footbal, funny things like that always happen. a player ben out for a long time get put on the bench for a big game and they get given 10 mins at the end when the team is 0-1 down and they come and get 2 goals and become the hero.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Tue May 01, 2007 8:58 am

Agree with a lot of what everyones saying, im looking forward to seeing Harry back in action either tonight or the weekend, just hope he's at his best. :nod
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue May 01, 2007 2:23 pm

If he were available for the final he should be on the bench at most. I would play him the remaining Premiership fixtures if he is fit enough, it will be interesting to see who is in the teams if we go through tonight or if we push hard for third if we don't go through.

I was quite impressed with the logic of oSAMa bung laden when he left Bolton, saying it was better to have someone new in charge for the rest of the season. I don't agree with the idea of bringing in a new manager at the start of a season where they have to start from scratch and by the time they've settled in the team's season can already be defined. In the same way I wonder if perhaps Rafa shouldn't use the rest of the season to give fringe players and others not certain of starting a chance. Might be worth if at all possible recalling Cisse, Pongolle etc to give them a couple of games and rest others although it might have been best done before the QFs and SFs
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 01, 2007 2:26 pm

Owzat wrote:I was quite impressed with the logic of oSAMa bung laden when he left Bolton

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby duk » Wed May 02, 2007 5:18 pm

Kewell for the final...
duk

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 02, 2007 5:32 pm

Australia boss Graham Arnold says Harry Kewell 'looked fantastic' when he made his comeback for Liverpool's reserves on Monday - but wants to wait before deciding if he will be ready for the start of the Socceroos' Asian Cup campaign.

Arnold claims Kewell is now as fit as ever, but believes it is essential he plays games before the end of the season.

"Physically, he looked fantastic," he said. "Liverpool had made it clear they wouldn't let him back on the park until he matched all his old test results, and he looked as good as I've ever seen him.

"It was just great to see him back on the field. He moved around very well, and this was a big stepping stone for him.

"Harry's done a lot of work to get to this stage - now it's all about getting some match fitness under his belt.

"He's got some of the best people in sports science working with him at Liverpool, he's got (Australia physio) Les Gelis there as well, so it's looking positive.

"You could tell how excited Harry was to get through it unscathed."

Australia's opening match in the Asian Cup is against Oman on 8th July, but Arnold refused to be drawn on whether Kewell will take part.

"Look, there's a lot of water to go under the bridge before then.

"I don't know what Liverpool have in mind for him for the rest of the season, but the next three weeks will be crucial."

sky sports
account deleted by request

Postby oakton » Thu May 03, 2007 1:22 am

Kewell return warms hearts

Paul Kent

May 02, 2007 12:00am
Article from: Herald-Sun

AFTER nine months on the sidelines, Harry Kewell made his competitive comeback, coming off the bench for Liverpool reserves in North Wales.
Kewell, 28, hasn't played since his man of the match performance against Croatia in the Socceroos' final group match at the World Cup in June last year.

He missed the second-round loss to Italy with septic arthritis that eventually required foot surgery, followed closely by a groin operation.

"It has been difficult, it has," Kewell said at Wrexham yesterday, "but I'm back now."

His thoughts are on making it back successfully, on getting himself right for what is left of this season, on helping Liverpool wherever he can.

Before that, though, came yesterday, and erasing the problems of his past, the continual niggle of injury and doubt.

Kewell, who rarely reveals too much, admitted there were times when he doubted his future.

There were long sessions and occasional setbacks. Kewell had hoped to return last month, only to be beaten down again by injury.

"It has been very frustrating," he said. "Probably one of the hardest times of my life.

"It has been nine months since I last kicked a competitive ball and I want to just get on with it now."

Wrexham is as lonely a place as you could find for a player used to the highs Kewell has experienced.

Yesterday, with the sun going down, only one of the four grandstands was used, and it was only partially full.

Kewell sat in the dugout from the kickoff and watched Liverpool take a 2-0 lead into the halftime break against Everton reserves.

As the side headed into the sheds, Kewell headed towards one of the goals and began his warm-up.

He stretched and bounced like a prizefighter in the corner. He dribbled the ball and hit sharp sprints, the blood beginning to flow, the muscles warming.

The second half kicked off and Kewell remained at the end of the pitch, still preparing himself. Then, 10 minutes into the half, he shook hands with the coaching staff and the No. 12 went up on the board.

It was the loudest the crowd got all evening. Harry was in the game.

While terrific news for Liverpool, what it meant for Australian soccer was best illustrated by who was in the stands: Socceroos coach Graham Arnold.

Arnold had travelled from Australia to see Kewell's comeback, with a mind towards July's Asian Cup and Australia's continued climb on the world stage. "Just wonderful to see him back," he said.

Arnold saw everything he wanted to see, even if "he was playing half-paced".

All the gifts were evident. Unlike the young kids around him, most of whom looked as if they were still to dull their first razor blade, a blind man could have spotted Kewell's talent was above the others'.

Whereas those around him played the ball, Kewell played the space. He put himself in position to perform, then relied on others to get the ball to him.

Within 10 minutes of being on the paddock he took the ball down the left wing, stepped and baulked, beat two defenders, and then crossed with his left foot for Craig Lindfield to make it 3-0.

After so much setback and disappointment, it was sweet relief.

The only pain that remained was the best kind of pain.

"My lungs," Kewell said afterwards, nodding back towards the pitch, "are out there somewhere."
oakton

Postby stapo1000 » Thu May 03, 2007 1:47 am

Kewell is quality.

Hopefully we can get him fit enough to replace zenden for the final.

In order for that we should give him as many league games as possible between now and the final.

One of our best players last season and a huge loss this season.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion