Tactics, philosophy, formation, etc...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:02 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I think the way forward is midfielders who like Molby make the game look easy and are pivotal to the movement of the team ...Dalglish totally transformed Molby's game when he made him a vital cog in his Liverpool team of the 85/86 season ,here's a question could Aquilani become that type of finesse player under Dalglish's expert tutelage ?

Id love Aquiliani back mate i thought when he was given a chance him torres and gerrard were brilliant together unfortunately with the way he was treated Kenny wont get a chance 2 c what he could do with him. Hes said he wants 2 move 2 Juventus in the summer.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:04 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Have a strong feeling this could be the start of Pacheco's,career

:bowdown lets hope so
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:05 pm

dawson99 wrote:Can't wait to see Wilson get some more games under KK as well

:bowdown they keep comng
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:19 pm

redhayesy wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I think the way forward is midfielders who like Molby make the game look easy and are pivotal to the movement of the team ...Dalglish totally transformed Molby's game when he made him a vital cog in his Liverpool team of the 85/86 season ,here's a question could Aquilani become that type of finesse player under Dalglish's expert tutelage ?

great point you make mate about Aquilani. sadly for me i doubt now we will never find out- the reason i say that is cause as he was shipped out on loan so quick after hodgson arrived that i personally can't see him even coming back to us.

when a player is loaned out, it is usally to another club in the same country so the club can at least monitor his fitness,progress at getting first taem football etc. it's a whole lot harder when the player is loaned out to a club in another country,the standards vary in every aspect.

he will train in a totally different enviroment,different climate,different tactics-ie in italy he may well become a totally different player to what he was signed for by the club in the first place as he made to be asked to play in a totally different posistion,his mindset may be changed as a result of it,so even if he did come back to LFC he may be even more out of touch with the alround game in this country than ever before.

i would love to see him back,just to cure my own curiosity if the loan move was the right thing for the club & the player,sadly i think this loan move will back fire on us,like it may well prove with insua,cause i for one think he is a great young player with loads of potential with the right guidence etc.

Insua was thrown in the deep end last season and suffered late on. I believe like all attack minded full backs that they suffer most when their centre backs let them down, besides recently ashley cole was never judged as much 4 his defensive duties simply because he had terry and alex etc 2 bail him out, its no coincidence that when he played 4 england who were poorer defensively he got more stick. Although he has through time become a better defender.  Insua was crucified by some supporters i feel sorry for the lad and also believe could improve through time. I also said when defending insua to show me a better 19 year old left back in world football. The list isnt long.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Even if we lose tomorrow, and lets face it its a Old Trafford so we will probably get a player sent off and they get a penalty,

It was so bloody obvious....
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kawaton » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:15 pm

:bowdown
kawaton

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:39 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Even if we lose tomorrow, and lets face it its a Old Trafford so we will probably get a player sent off and they get a penalty,

check out Mystic feckin' Meg here.  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Hehe... :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

check out Mystic feckin' Meg here.  :D

:laugh:

More like septic peg.  :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Whatever tactics he chooses, as Lee J says, I can only see positive things from now on. None know Liverpool better than Kenny so although I dont expect miracles, or a sudden turn in fortune, the one really positive is, he wont play negative football. He will play players in there right position and wont defend like crazy hoping for a draw, this attitude has gone on for far too long. Even if we lose tomorrow, and lets face it its a Old Trafford so we will probably get a player sent off and they get a penalty, as long as we see some positive signs from the players and the way we play, we can look to the rest of the season in hope.

He is channelling Paul the Octopus
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Raoul wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Whatever tactics he chooses, as Lee J says, I can only see positive things from now on. None know Liverpool better than Kenny so although I dont expect miracles, or a sudden turn in fortune, the one really positive is, he wont play negative football. He will play players in there right position and wont defend like crazy hoping for a draw, this attitude has gone on for far too long. Even if we lose tomorrow, and lets face it its a Old Trafford so we will probably get a player sent off and they get a penalty, as long as we see some positive signs from the players and the way we play, we can look to the rest of the season in hope.

He is channelling Paul the Octopus

He is siphoning the ink
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:12 pm

pass and move is coming back baby :buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:28 pm

stmichael wrote:pass and move is coming back baby :buttrock

Great to see us pass it on the deck and go forward again, isn't it? Have a look at this:

Lucas

Gerrard                Meireles

Suarez                                          Maxi
                                 Torres

How much attacking potential is in that line-up and formation? Gerrard and Meireles can both go foward and support in the hole, and likewise help Lucas. Granted, IF we manage to get Suarez and manage to get maybe another defensive mid, then our squad suddenly looks very promising. Worst squad in 50+ years my bollox! Suarez signing could transform us almost overnight.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:48 pm

LFC in safe hands at last........At the end of a storm
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Kenny to the media today about possible transfers

"I know what's going on but that doesn't mean I have to tell you"

What a man

:bowdown