Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:59 pm

lol daws, I think we were visited by your Arsenal twin brother :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:02 pm

"You'll get more sense out of my (then two-year-old) daughter than him?"

Thatll do for me Kenny lad, god im absolutly buzzin here. Its gonna be like Christmas eve when you were a kid tomorrow, iM NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO SLEEP TONIGHT IM SO EXITED , HAHA all week Fergie an the Mancs have  been plotting to to watch us just cave in , all us fans just turn up for another oh god trip, and now we are gonna take the roof off that place, were gonna be going up and down the East lancs bouncing tomorrow, Bring it on Kenny lad ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:07 pm

Would love to see the look on the faces on the foreign lads trying to understand kenny's thick glasgow accent :D
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:47 pm

tiki taka

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:57 pm

bavlondon wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Have a strong feeling this could be the start of Pacheco's,career

More of Wilson too hopefully. Kenny played a big part in getting him and that Sterling here.

spot on Bav , they will work very well under him.
dont think Kenny will change much from the 4-4-2, but could see him sticking SG out wide.

needs funds to buy a good striker to play the 4-4-2
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:08 pm

Hopefuly he will be shifting some of the dross and keeping players that can pass and play.
It could be good news for some of the younger players, Wilson, Kelly, Pacheco..
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Redtribe wrote:Hopefuly he will be shifting some of the dross and keeping players that can pass and play.

also might be bad news for some of the other young players and he might get shot of them.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:21 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Redtribe wrote:Hopefuly he will be shifting some of the dross and keeping players that can pass and play.

also might be bad news for some of the other young players and he might get shot of them.

Out of all the youngsters i think they are the ones worth keeping.
I have no problem with him being ruthless and moving any of the other youngsters which aren't up to scratch.
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Redtribe wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

Out of all the youngsters i think they are the ones worth keeping.
I have no problem with him being ruthless and moving any of the other youngsters which aren't up to scratch.

same here, but going by what he said in the summer about our young players from none british back ground then its easy to see who will be the first let go.

think we will se that happen very soon.....this week i think.
also might see some first team players go by the end of the week.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:38 pm

Sooner the better really it will act as an incentive for all the players, knowing that if the don't perform they will be out the door.
Things need to be stired up...
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:58 pm

What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example.
Kenny Dalglish
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Joeblackisachimp » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:34 pm

RedSi35 wrote:Back then formations didnt matter, liverpool were the best, the players knew it, the fans knew it, the opposition even knew it. We won most games before a ball was kicked.

That is the most sense i have ever heard in this forum.

I want to see king kenny bring out the "new John Barnes" in Ryan babel that he promised to be when he came, and not a Bench warmer.

Serious waste of talent. better than N'gog anyday.
Joeblackisachimp

Postby redhayesy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:50 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I think the way forward is midfielders who like Molby make the game look easy and are pivotal to the movement of the team ...Dalglish totally transformed Molby's game when he made him a vital cog in his Liverpool team of the 85/86 season ,here's a question could Aquilani become that type of finesse player under Dalglish's expert tutelage ?

great point you make mate about Aquilani. sadly for me i doubt now we will never find out- the reason i say that is cause as he was shipped out on loan so quick after hodgson arrived that i personally can't see him even coming back to us.

when a player is loaned out, it is usally to another club in the same country so the club can at least monitor his fitness,progress at getting first taem football etc. it's a whole lot harder when the player is loaned out to a club in another country,the standards vary in every aspect.

he will train in a totally different enviroment,different climate,different tactics-ie in italy he may well become a totally different player to what he was signed for by the club in the first place as he made to be asked to play in a totally different posistion,his mindset may be changed as a result of it,so even if he did come back to LFC he may be even more out of touch with the alround game in this country than ever before.

i would love to see him back,just to cure my own curiosity if the loan move was the right thing for the club & the player,sadly i think this loan move will back fire on us,like it may well prove with insua,cause i for one think he is a great young player with loads of potential with the right guidence etc.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:53 pm

Whatever tactics he chooses, as Lee J says, I can only see positive things from now on. None know Liverpool better than Kenny so although I dont expect miracles, or a sudden turn in fortune, the one really positive is, he wont play negative football. He will play players in there right position and wont defend like crazy hoping for a draw, this attitude has gone on for far too long. Even if we lose tomorrow, and lets face it its a Old Trafford so we will probably get a player sent off and they get a penalty, as long as we see some positive signs from the players and the way we play, we can look to the rest of the season in hope.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Joeblackisachimp » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:01 pm

i hope kenny can be given some cash to spend in this transfer window. a new striker maybe? how about...Andy Carroll of Newcastle anyone? good prospect, quick, and good in the air.

He has sat in the stand that many times at home games and must have seen what players should be shown the exit.

i hope kennys return spell for however long, good or bad, does not dent his legendary status of days past.

Cushty  :eyebrow
Joeblackisachimp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion