Keeper competition - The only winner is liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby el_stinger » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:20 am

This competition for the starting place at LFC is heating up, and the only winner is Liverpool. No matter who claims the Number 1 spot, both keepers will have to fight to get there, and that means doing whatever it takes to be better than your competition. I think we will see a great struggle for the spot, and that means finally, Liverpool will have a great shot stopper in the team.

Dudek set for Reina fight
by Alex Livie

Jerzy Dudek claims he cannot envisage leaving Liverpool this summer, but Villarreal keeper Jose Reina has warned the Pole that he is heading to Anfield to claim the number one jersey.

Dudek put all the speculation about his future to one side and became the toast of Merseyside when helping Liverpool claim the UEFA Champions League with a penalty shoot-out victory over Milan.

The Polish shot-stopper is looking to forge a career at Anfield and recently urged manager Rafa Benitez to give him the chance to prove his quality, but it is believed the Spaniard is ready to bring Villarreal's Reina to Merseyside as his number one.

Dudek is aware of the speculation, but is focused on staying with The Reds.

"With this medal around my neck, I cannot imagine that I would have to leave this club," said the former Feyenoord man. "With that final, I fulfilled many people's expectations of me."

Reina has long been linked with a switch to Liverpool and the 22-year-old says he would not move to The Premiership just to sit on the bench.

"If I end up signing for Liverpool it is because they want me to play," declared Reina. "The question of starting places is for the boss.

"You have to earn your place. I'm going there to work and to win my place and to win over the fans."
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xd3vilx » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:56 am

I Believe Carson Is Better Than 2 Of Them...Let Carson Be First Choice... :D
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:42 am

How about my dear Kirky?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Adebisi » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:49 am

So we could have 4 keepers all capable of being number 1??

I liked the look of Carson from what Ive seen (not much), think he could be the man!

Not seen enough of Reina but he must be highly rated
Adebisi

Postby maximus » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:07 am

I heard today that Southampton are allowing Niemi to leave Southampton. I have always rated him......................good buy for us?
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:09 am

maximus wrote:I heard today that Southampton are allowing Niemi to leave Southampton. I have always rated him......................good buy for us?

Niemi, Dudek, Carson, Reina, Kirkland.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Adebisi » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:12 am

Niemi has been strongly linked with Celtic, although didnt he knock back Arsenal recently?
Adebisi

Postby el_stinger » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:19 am

Im pretty sure we'll get Reina, and with Dudek fighting with Carson, and I heard somewhere that Kirks was looking to go on loan next season, I think that Carson would be Reserve keeper, with Luzi leaving, until he is capable of claiming top spot. The Dudek/Reina struggle is going to be important to the team next season.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:31 am

I think Carson would be upset as he was promised to have a chance to play more regularly. Now, if everyone stay put, he will be the 3rd choice goalie at best. Maybe Dudek will not be sold this year because of his effort in the CL but his status of being number one is slim. To me, Carson look pretty good and should be given more chances to prove himself.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby el_stinger » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:51 pm

Dudek will be sold either this summer, or mid-season tranfer window.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:09 pm

2 top goalies is enough. No point in having 3 or 4 as long as only 1 can play.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby joependo » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:42 pm

I like the look of Carson accept he is a bit dodgy.(only seen him play once or twice).But the first time i saw him (against Juventus)he played an excellent game.Stopped Del piero from 12 yard(not the pen spot though)Good keeper.Should have an great shot stopper next season.
joependo

Postby 84-1106852058 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:50 pm

joependo wrote:I like the look of Carson accept he is a bit dodgy.

What do you like about him then Joe, the way he combs his hair.
84-1106852058

Postby joependo » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:54 pm

What do you like about him then Joe, the way he combs his hair
No redbaron i like the way when it is one on one he stand up tall making himself look big and he would not get scored that mch.He comes out very fast so he gathers the ball quicker than our keepers.
joependo

Postby maximus » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:03 pm

comptition for places can only be a good thing for the club, the fact is due to Kirklands continued injury problems and Carsons relative inexperience, Dudek was the ONLY choice in goal last season.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion