Keane speaks

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:07 pm

Alex G. wrote:Why there are people in this forum still thinking that Keane would have triumph at Liverpool?

No idea of football.

Because he's a quality player?

I think he's a quality player (not quality as in Romario, don't get me wrong). But sometimes quality is not enough to succeed.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:10 pm

Sabre wrote:
Alex G. wrote:Why there are people in this forum still thinking that Keane would have triumph at Liverpool?

No idea of football.

Because he's a quality player?

I think he's a quality player (not quality as in Romario, don't get me wrong). But sometimes quality is not enough to succeed.

No quality enough for liverpool, sabre. Even a blind man can see that.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:10 pm

Sabre wrote:That's a good reply too. Don't take too seriously my "undermining", it's just that when I see someone too sure of what he says, I can't help but banter a bit with him and send a few torpedoes to his self confidence.

Now, to the core of the disagreement

The plot to which you cannot see any explanation is based on fact. Neither of the men involved are (Parry at the end of the season) involved in LFC. Unless it is just a coincidence...?

Yes, it's a fact that Keane and Parry are out of the club. The difference between you and me, is that I'm not that quick to stablish links between the facts. Not that I'm not quick enough to spot the link, of course I consider it, I'm just not as sure as you are to stablish a link. As there are multiple interpretations. For instance Parry might be out of the club because Rafa, I can see that, but Keane being out hasn't to be linked with parry being out. It may be simply that the player wants to play more. Your interpretation, is just one of the many possible.

Which leads me to your next interesting point

Which leads me on to your next point. I too am a football fan who is in fine mental health (?). I consider myself very able to grasp the subtleties of management in elite or any other standard of football. Of course we are not always privvy to some information, but the clues are there for anyone to see in the media, body language, things left unsaid, mind games, decisions made etc. I'm sure if you tried hard enough, or wanted to, you could grasp them as well. It's not so different to politics really.

Aha. This is where I'm humble and admit that the media, body language, things left unsaid, are not enough to make definitive conclussions about what's going on in Melwood.

I even have the advantage of being Spanish and understanding what Rafa means with many expressions which he translates literally... but all that info is not enough for me.

Because I'm not able to watch the signs? Of course I'm able to watch, but I'm skeptical about it being enough to know what's going on.

If I was able to be at Melwood every training session, at least from outside, but watching the quarrels, the discussions, how the people train, how the manager talks to the lads after the games, then yes, I'd be more sure of what's going on.

But the art of interpreting body language and words is not easy. I think it will lead to error to you, to me, and whoever tries that art.

Please Sir Roger, sorry if I undermined too much, it was nothing more than bantering.  :)

I don't take your 'undermining' too seriously and welcome anyone to disagree or even prove me wrong. I will always take criticism with good humour especially of my fellow reds. Torpedo away...
:;):

In answer to your points
Of course it is open to interpretation whether there is a link between Parry and Keane leaving. But the link is Rafa, and for me he was responsible for the situation. I tend not to put too much faith in coincidences merely because I am sceptical and cynical due to my experiences.

I happen to be involved in the theatre and drama and use body language either literally or as an example of how to read it etc in my work all the time. It is a hobby to me and I have paid particular interest (football wise) to Ferguson as he has been the master of mind games for the last 20 odd years. I do feel though that he has met his match in Signor Benitez (about time too) I am not saying that this is enough to tell what's happening all the time. It's not a science. Nor can I say that I can predict the future with it. But I can generally tell if people are not being honest or if they are uncomfortable with the situation theyre in even if they dont say so.
I am not even saying I get everything right all the time (just most). But what I am saying is that if you are open minded and look again at certain things again you might be surprised to see that what you thought was going on and what actually went on were two different things.

By the way this is not an attack on Rafa. I am merely pointing out what I believe happened with regards to Keane.
If Rafa wins the league without him he is a genius and was right all along.
But if he doesn't
:eyebrow
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:59 pm

Fair enough. BTW your torpedo passed by a few KM away according to the readings of my sonar. :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:04 pm

Sabre wrote:Fair enough. BTW your torpedo passed by a few KM away according to the readings of my sonar. :D

It only had laughing gas in it anyway
:laugh:

BTW best get your sonar looked at by an expert...
:;):
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:22 pm

s@int wrote:
redbeergoggles wrote:
s@int wrote:Image

Oh look you've posted a little picture ,how clever
Im sorry I have not been on the forum for a few days ,been celebrating in the real world ,you remember reality dont you ? it came before you locked yourself in your room, and decided to live out your life through the medium of the internet     :D

Not really clever but thanks anyway. Most people are quite capable of posting a picture, so even you may manage it one day with a little help. You may find this of some help

I would imagine that you may one day find someone interested in what you do and don't do, sadly I am not that person, and I couldn't care less what you do. So shhhhhhh now and go and try to find someone who may actually give a damn.

I see the intricacies of sarcasm are lost on you ,so put simply and slowly the gist of sarcasm is as follows :  A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
Oh ! and if I indeed wanted to post pictures ,and enjoy all the frivolity that entails ,then I would join Facebook or maybe Bebo or another social networking site ,but thanks for your invaluable imput. once again it was rivetting    :upside:
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:46 pm

Again you seem to have mistaken me for someone who gives a sh!t about what you do and don't do. Now be a good little boy and run along and try to annoy someone else.

It seems very strange to me that someone would want to pick up on a 4 day old argument as you did. Maybe the irony is lost on you. :laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby redbeergoggles » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:58 pm

You seem intent on having the last word( "Funny that " )seen as  I am not supposed to annoy you .
Are you sure fella ? not even a tad ?  :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:10 pm

I was quite happy to ignore you, I am equally happy to just disregard you. I find you more boring than annoying and maybe a little pathetic as well. Still it takes all sorts to make a world and you are certainly one of the "lesser" sorts.

now go away or I shall taunt you a second time :D

Postby redbeergoggles » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:35 pm

Is it a Scouse thing fella ,because you didnt get on with Leon either did you ? seem to remember quite a few spats between you two . :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:37 pm

Oh and good luck with the ignoring perspective ,its worked well for you so far :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:42 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:Is it a Scouse thing fella ,because you didnt get on with Leon either did you ? seem to remember quite a few spats between you two . :D

I always got on very well with Leon, we disagreed at times but then again people who are passionate about football often do. If he ever comes back just ask him. So don't think its just because you are a scouser that I don't like you. I wouldn't like you no matter where you came from.  :D

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:43 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:Oh and good luck with the ignoring perspective ,its worked well for you so far :D

Well it was your idea, I just think you are having a few problems getting your head around the idea.

Postby Effes » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:48 pm

I'll just interrupt you two fishwives; nearly at the bottom of a fine Spanish Red from Markseys.

Playing ELO's greatest hits :D  Life aint so bad.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:51 pm

Effes wrote:I'll just interrupt you two fishwives; nearly at the bottom of a fine Spanish Red from Markseys.

Playing ELO's greatest hits :D  Life aint so bad.

And what has that got to do with Robbie Keane  :D

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion