Keane speaks

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby egyptian liverpoolian » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:47 am

there are potorgalian coach in egypt manger of alahly sc
he said "there are kind of player cant be able to carry the big teams shirt ,becouse it be too heavy for them "
i think keane on of them ,he  is good plyer but in clubs as like spurs
my real name is mostafa
i am muslim, arab , egyptian
and i adore liverpool
egyptian liverpoolian

Postby jono » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:29 am

bet rafa said :censored: all to keane, just didn't want him at the club anymore, looked like he was used and disgarded in one of the many battle's that go on in the club
You got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice
jono

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:08 am

s@int wrote: :laugh: Half the people saying what a good idea it was to get rid of Keane were creaming their drawers when we signed him.

I said he wouldn't score 20 goals for us and that he wasn't what we needed and got dogs abuse for it.

Now he suddenly becomes too big for his boots, a distraction 

As I said it just makes me laugh   :laugh:

Since Owen left/Rafa arrived, the most any player has scored in the Premiership is Torres with 24 last season. Second most anyone has scored in the league is 12 (Kuyt's first season) So Keane would have had to equal Kuyt's 06/07 season in the Premiership AND score another eight in the cups to reach 20.

The key question for me is do our strikers (Torres apart) fail to score enough because they're not good enough or not given a chance? I'm not sure which answer I prefer because they both have worrying implications about the manager.

Were we right to sell Keane? Putting aside whether we should have signed him in the first place, fee etc, I'd say there are equal cases to be made for selling and keeping Keane.

Selling - minimise losses on the transfer, get rid of a player not working out and probably not happy at Anfield.

Keeping - we didn't bring anyone in so left ourselves short in the striker department, and he wasn't given much a of a chance so who knows if he might have picked up some form towards the end of the season.

His last four Premiership games were scored one, scored two, started, sub. The only other players to score three or more goals in two games are Kuyt, Gerrard and Torres who happen to be our top three goalscorers in the Premiership - ironically Keane is fourth! (5 from 18 apps)

I suspect Keane said something to the manager, had an attitude towards Rafa or something like that. Even though we may have cut our losses, it worked out an expensive short-term signing

Liverpool Strikers (Premiership 08/09)

Torres : 9 goals in 16 apps
Keane : 5 goals in 18 apps
N'Gog : 1 goal in 8 apps

Yet somehow we've only used 23 different players in the Premiership this season, our lowest number since 02/03 (also 23) Not since 94/95-96/97 have we used less players.

Fewest Players Used In A Premiership Season

19 1995/96 (finished 3rd)
21 1994/95 (finished 4th)
22 1996/97 (finished 4th)
23 1999/00 (finished 4th)
23 2002/03 (finished 5th)
23 2008/09 (currently 3rd)
24 1997/98 (finished 3rd)
24 2005/06 (finished 3rd)
25 1992/93 (finished 6th)
25 1998/99 (finished 7th)
25 2007/08 (finished 4th)

Most players used in the Premiership in one season was 29 in 2004/05 and again in 2006/07, not entirely surprising given our CL finals in both seasons. Might explain our lower points tallies those two seasons, although we finished 3rd in 2006/07 with 68 points and having used 29 different players. When we finished 2nd we used 26 players.

Better strike rate than Crouch, Heskey, Bellamy and plenty of others who got more games. Do wish he'd STFU about his time here, might as well don a blue shirt and complete his transformation he's coming across so bitter.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:56 am

s@int wrote:
metalhead wrote:
s@int wrote::laugh: Half the people saying what a good idea it was to get rid of Keane were creaming their drawers when we signed him.

I said he wouldn't score 20 goals for us and that he wasn't what we needed and got dogs abuse for it.

I wouldn't have got rid of keane, I didn't think he was a 20 goal per season striker either, I just thought he would compliment Torres alot as a strike partner and would a really good job. Unfortunately Rafa didn't see it that way and we sold him :(

Yeah, but you didn't send me any abusive pm's either Metalhead.

Ohhh.. Im sorry, I forgot  :(

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:01 pm

Rockthekop wrote:Regardless of what happened, Rafa made a huge mistake selling him when we had no quality cover in the striking department.

Regardless of what happened, he's no quality for a 20m striker.
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:07 pm

i think it was a shame he didn't fit in i thought he would be a great signing and was happy we got him but for what ever reason rafa just didn't get it going on with him i don't know if it was the player or the style rafa wanted keane to play that didn't suit but it does not matter now, he has moved on and that's what we need to do

thanks for the goals, flicks, passes you did for us within your time here keane and good luck, sorry it never worked out
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:24 pm

Owzat wrote:
s@int wrote::laugh: Half the people saying what a good idea it was to get rid of Keane were creaming their drawers when we signed him.

Since Owen left/Rafa arrived, the most any player has scored in the Premiership is Torres with 24 last season. Second most anyone has scored in the league is 12 (Kuyt's first season) So Keane would have had to equal Kuyt's 06/07 season in the Premiership AND score another eight in the cups to reach 20.

The key question for me is do our strikers (Torres apart) fail to score enough because they're not good enough or not given a chance? I'm not sure which answer I prefer because they both have worrying implications about the manager.

Were we right to sell Keane? Putting aside whether we should have signed him in the first place, fee etc, I'd say there are equal cases to be made for selling and keeping Keane.

Selling - minimise losses on the transfer, get rid of a player not working out and probably not happy at Anfield.

Keeping - we didn't bring anyone in so left ourselves short in the striker department, and he wasn't given much a of a chance so who knows if he might have picked up some form towards the end of the season.

His last four Premiership games were scored one, scored two, started, sub. The only other players to score three or more goals in two games are Kuyt, Gerrard and Torres who happen to be our top three goalscorers in the Premiership - ironically Keane is fourth! (5 from 18 apps)

I suspect Keane said something to the manager, had an attitude towards Rafa or something like that. Even though we may have cut our losses, it worked out an expensive short-term signing

Liverpool Strikers (Premiership 08/09)

Torres : 9 goals in 16 apps
Keane : 5 goals in 18 apps
N'Gog : 1 goal in 8 apps

Yet somehow we've only used 23 different players in the Premiership this season, our lowest number since 02/03 (also 23) Not since 94/95-96/97 have we used less players.

Fewest Players Used In A Premiership Season

19 1995/96 (finished 3rd)
21 1994/95 (finished 4th)
22 1996/97 (finished 4th)
23 1999/00 (finished 4th)
23 2002/03 (finished 5th)
23 2008/09 (currently 3rd)
24 1997/98 (finished 3rd)
24 2005/06 (finished 3rd)
25 1992/93 (finished 6th)
25 1998/99 (finished 7th)
25 2007/08 (finished 4th)

Most players used in the Premiership in one season was 29 in 2004/05 and again in 2006/07, not entirely surprising given our CL finals in both seasons. Might explain our lower points tallies those two seasons, although we finished 3rd in 2006/07 with 68 points and having used 29 different players. When we finished 2nd we used 26 players.

Better strike rate than Crouch, Heskey, Bellamy and plenty of others who got more games. Do wish he'd STFU about his time here, might as well don a blue shirt and complete his transformation he's coming across so bitter.

Rafa didnt want him. He got his wish
Keane was used as a pawn it seems between Parry and Rafa
He has every right to be disillusioned, disappointed and even angry at what should have been the move of a lifetime.
I feel that way myself at what happened to what I believe is one of the best attacking players in the league.
Maybe he should have kept his mouth shut and Rafa might have let him stay. Though I doubt it knowing Rafa's stubborn mentality
But in the end shi.t happens, he's gone, let's move on.
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Keane had his chance to impress. He scored a few but for the most part he missed too many chances and ultimatley that cost him his place in the team.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:31 pm

If keane had played well and scored goals and done what he did at spurs he would still be here now but he didnt at the end of the day - yeah he scored the odd goal towards the end but im sorry i never thought he was the missing link for us .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:38 pm

yeah for real i dont think he suited our team anyway. oh well his back home where he belongs.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Alex G. wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:thats for me proves what I was speaking about is right that keane has to big an ego and rafa don't like that in his team fair play rafa get rid.

All the players have a big ego, and no one makes self criticism.

The player looks for his own interests but the manager looks for the club.

yeah but most players are smart enuff to shut up and sit down when the gaffa tells em too if you don't bye bye !!!  :laugh:
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:29 pm

s@int wrote:Image

Oh look you've posted a little picture ,how clever
Im sorry I have not been on the forum for a few days ,been celebrating in the real world ,you remember reality dont you ? it came before you locked yourself in your room, and decided to live out your life through the medium of the internet     :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:35 pm

Robbie Keane = Big fish in a small pond.

He was always destined to drown at Liverpool.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:44 pm

I'm a bit worried that bar our local lads, no player from England or Ireland have actually settled and stayed at the club, it seems as if the players used to other methodologies in their careers struggle with Rafa Benitez :-(

Crouch, Keane, Bellamy, Pennant (we've lost Finnan, Carson and Warnock too) the first two had IMHO a place in this team but none of them settled down. If it's players fault or Rafa's fault I don't know, but it worries me a bit that the players that come from other teams of the league don't seem to settle down here, I can't think of a favourable case, and I do think that Liverpool should have some quality english players too (like Barry for instance).
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:12 am

redbeergoggles wrote:
s@int wrote:Image

Oh look you've posted a little picture ,how clever
Im sorry I have not been on the forum for a few days ,been celebrating in the real world ,you remember reality dont you ? it came before you locked yourself in your room, and decided to live out your life through the medium of the internet     :D

Not really clever but thanks anyway. Most people are quite capable of posting a picture, so even you may manage it one day with a little help. You may find this of some help

I would imagine that you may one day find someone interested in what you do and don't do, sadly I am not that person, and I couldn't care less what you do. So shhhhhhh now and go and try to find someone who may actually give a damn.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion