Keane speaks

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:11 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
devaney wrote:
SundanceKid wrote:
Rockthekop wrote:Rafa made a huge mistake selling him when we had no quality cover in the striking department.

Who fecking cares? We have more goals than the rest of the league. You should be grateful the team doesn't have to burden Torres with the responsibility of winning every game.

Couldn't disagree more! Keane was a nuisance and not just of his own making. LFC made a serious mistake paying £20m or whatever the revised figure is according to the spin doctors. The suggestion is nearer £18m? In reality given that LFC won't have to pay the full £20m and as I understand it Spurs will have to pay up to £15m dependent on certain criteria and one of those was to not to get relegated which looks as if it has already been achieved given that Spurs are the top Premiership performers over the last six games. And yes during that very impressive period Keane has scored two goals and once again they were against some very poor opposition in Sunderland and Boro and lets face it one of the goals I could have scored!

We have got off lightly with what was one of LFC's worst value buys regardless of who was to blame!

Given what Keane achieved at Liverpool I seriously believe that the dressing room is a better place without him and that is beginning to shine through. Yes it was a risk selling him but only if you believe he was going to make a big difference if Torres was injured. Personally I don't subscribe to that somewhat ludicrous view.

Devaney mate, stop being such a tart about "Keane being disruptive " etc....How in God's name do you - or anybody else on this forum - know that ?
I've gone on record many times here to say the way he was treated was an absolute disgrace and has beyond the shadow of a doubt, tainted my opinion of Benitez (who I still maintain is a spoiled brat.....just grown up...)
I don't think Rafa was fair to Keane, nor do I believe that irrespective of whether somebody else pulled the strings to get him into the club or not, that Keane was allowed time to settle and play the game he can play.
I fully believe he could have become a legend for Liverpool given the support from the manager, rather than being used as a pawn in the Parry vs. Benitez sideshow....

bungle mate, I disagree with some of it, I do agree with you that Keane wasn't treated well by the manager, I thought at first that Rafa's treatment was a disgrace, ask anyone here, I had that opinion. However, I realized that he let his personal ego get into things, sulking in the bench everything was about him.

I do think Rafa didn't help Keane's form blossom at all, example when scoring 3 goals in 2 games and getting dropped after. This actually lowered his confidence, and from that moment I thought Keane should leave because he won't succeed here every time he plays like cr@p when he gets dropped. The big mistake Rafa did now was selling him and not getting a replacement.

I was chuffed when we got him, I thought he would be a success and a striker we really need upfront with torres, but the gaffa didn't see it that way.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:13 pm

metalhead wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:
devaney wrote:
SundanceKid wrote:
Rockthekop wrote:Rafa made a huge mistake selling him when we had no quality cover in the striking department.

Who fecking cares? We have more goals than the rest of the league. You should be grateful the team doesn't have to burden Torres with the responsibility of winning every game.

Couldn't disagree more! Keane was a nuisance and not just of his own making. LFC made a serious mistake paying £20m or whatever the revised figure is according to the spin doctors. The suggestion is nearer £18m? In reality given that LFC won't have to pay the full £20m and as I understand it Spurs will have to pay up to £15m dependent on certain criteria and one of those was to not to get relegated which looks as if it has already been achieved given that Spurs are the top Premiership performers over the last six games. And yes during that very impressive period Keane has scored two goals and once again they were against some very poor opposition in Sunderland and Boro and lets face it one of the goals I could have scored!

We have got off lightly with what was one of LFC's worst value buys regardless of who was to blame!

Given what Keane achieved at Liverpool I seriously believe that the dressing room is a better place without him and that is beginning to shine through. Yes it was a risk selling him but only if you believe he was going to make a big difference if Torres was injured. Personally I don't subscribe to that somewhat ludicrous view.

Devaney mate, stop being such a tart about "Keane being disruptive " etc....How in God's name do you - or anybody else on this forum - know that ?
I've gone on record many times here to say the way he was treated was an absolute disgrace and has beyond the shadow of a doubt, tainted my opinion of Benitez (who I still maintain is a spoiled brat.....just grown up...)
I don't think Rafa was fair to Keane, nor do I believe that irrespective of whether somebody else pulled the strings to get him into the club or not, that Keane was allowed time to settle and play the game he can play.
I fully believe he could have become a legend for Liverpool given the support from the manager, rather than being used as a pawn in the Parry vs. Benitez sideshow....

bungle mate, I disagree with some of it, I do agree with you that Keane wasn't treated well by the manager, I thought at first that Rafa's treatment was a disgrace, ask anyone here, I had that opinion. However, I realized that he let his personal ego get into things, sulking in the bench everything was about him.

I do think Rafa didn't help Keane's form blossom at all, example when scoring 3 goals in 2 games and getting dropped after. This actually lowered his confidence, and from that moment I thought Keane should leave because he won't succeed here every time he plays like cr@p when he gets dropped. The big mistake Rafa did now was selling him and not getting a replacement.

I was chuffed when we got him, I thought he would be a success and a striker we really need upfront with torres, but the gaffa didn't see it that way.

Then we are for the most part in violent agreement.....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby metalhead » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:16 pm

violent agreement? swords or pistols? :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:21 pm

metalhead wrote:violent agreement? swords or pistols? :D

handbags at ten paces....  :rasp
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby metalhead » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:27 pm

ugh...fine :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:26 pm

jus killin time before the holland/Scotland game an was on the shop website....... you can get a head and shoulders pic of Keane for the princely sum of ten english pence!!!
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion