Just a thought...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Stu I never said Steven Gerrard was rubbish.....why would you use such phrasing
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:53 pm

supersub » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:51 pm wrote:
You clearly don't watch live football and you certainly don't want to see the truth...and it's that reluctance to accept reality that will ultimately cost Liverpool a lot of points this season...Steven Gerrard doesn't carry anyone anymore...watch the games , not the telly

Yeah thats me... I just follow the media and popular opinion, never been to a game in my life, don't even know where Anfield is...

:D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:55 pm

StuYesThatStu » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:53 pm wrote:
You clearly don't watch live football and you certainly don't want to see the truth...and it's that reluctance to accept reality that will ultimately cost Liverpool a lot of points this season...Steven Gerrard doesn't carry anyone anymore...watch the games , not the telly

Yeah thats me... I just follow the media and popular opinion, never been to a game in my life, don't even know where Anfield is...

That's right you said it yourself.......I'm sure you still have your posters on your walls though :laugh:
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:04 pm

supersub » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:55 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:53 pm wrote:

That's right you said it yourself.......I'm sure you still have your posters on your walls though :laugh:

I actually did have Jamie Redknapp, Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman and Rob Jones on my wall paper untill I was about 17/18 :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:06 pm

StuYesThatStu » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:03 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:53 pm wrote:All this talk of where to utilise Gerrard after fatigue kicks in . ??? Its like posters are completely reviled at the idea of taking him off.
If he looks knackered,or blowing chunks ,or stinking out the place .......Just sub the fucker.

Danny Agger came out today and stated he shouldn't have played against Southampton, but told Rodgers he could cope ,he apologised
to Liverpool fans for making that decision. Its comforting to know that he is willing to fully accept that his participation against the
Saints hurt the reds game in general  ......Selflessness ,now there's a trait.

What about Lucas and Henderson when they "stink out the place?" Which is pretty much every week.

The fact people are accepting players like Henderson these days is the reason we are where we f*cking are!!!!

So this season,excluding Gerrard of course (perish the thought ) Lucas and Henderson have stunk the place out every week ?  Seriously mate ?
Gerrard's input  into our second half performances have been conspicuous by their absence ,his overall contribution to the second half couldn't   
have gone less unnoticed if he wore Harry Potters cloak of invisibility .

I seriously doubt Steven Gerrard after 50 mins  has enough energy to steward ,let alone be included in a defensive midfield.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:08 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:06 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:03 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:53 pm wrote:All this talk of where to utilise Gerrard after fatigue kicks in . ??? Its like posters are completely reviled at the idea of taking him off.
If he looks knackered,or blowing chunks ,or stinking out the place .......Just sub the fucker.

Danny Agger came out today and stated he shouldn't have played against Southampton, but told Rodgers he could cope ,he apologised
to Liverpool fans for making that decision. Its comforting to know that he is willing to fully accept that his participation against the
Saints hurt the reds game in general  ......Selflessness ,now there's a trait.

What about Lucas and Henderson when they "stink out the place?" Which is pretty much every week.

The fact people are accepting players like Henderson these days is the reason we are where we f*cking are!!!!

So this season,excluding Gerrard of course (perish the thought ) Lucas and Henderson have stunk the place out every week ?  Seriously mate ?
Gerrard's input  into our second half performances have been conspicuous by their absence ,he overall contribution to the second half couldn't   
have gone less unnoticed if he wore Harry Potters cloak of invisibility .

I seriously doubt Steven Gerrard after 50 mins  has enough energy to steward ,let alone be included in a defensive midfield.

Had he not had to do all of Henderson an Lucas's running aswell maybe he would.

Name a good game Lucas has had this season? I'm failing to see one, he was steady at best against Stoke and United, every other match for me he's been awful. Against Swansea I can't even remember him touching the ball ???

Henderson... I refuse to discuss. The lads not upto it, never has been, never ever ever in this life time will be.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:12 pm

watch the game closely....love to chew the cud but Downton has just started
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:15 pm

supersub » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:12 pm wrote:watch the game closely....love to chew the cud but Downton has just started

Does it remind you of your youth?

:;):
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:44 pm

StuYesThatStu » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:08 pm wrote:Had he not had to do all of Henderson an Lucas's running aswell maybe he would.

Name a good game Lucas has had this season? I'm failing to see one, he was steady at best against Stoke and United, every other match for me he's been awful. Against Swansea I can't even remember him touching the ball ???

Henderson... I refuse to discuss. The lads not upto it, never has been, never ever ever in this life time will be.

Listen in Henderson's case ,its probably his energy that has kept us contesting the second half in all of our first three games.As for Lucas,well
he must dread coming out for the second half knowing he's got to do the work of two midfielder's ,whilst Gerrard just morphs into a defender
that makes Degen look combative.

It was the same with Didi ,posters couldn't see the shift the fella put in ,because next to Gerrard his was a thankless task ,Lucas is in the same
bracket. Although at least he knows the Kop can see his contribution,and appreciate his application.

So in summary fans know how hard the lad works for 90 mins ................I suspect that's vindication enough for Lucas . :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:40 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:44 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:08 pm wrote:Had he not had to do all of Henderson an Lucas's running aswell maybe he would.

Listen in Henderson's case ,its probably his energy that has kept us contesting the second half in all of our first three games.As for Lucas,well
he must dread coming out for the second half knowing he's got to do the work of two midfielder's ,whilst Gerrard just morphs into a defender
that makes Degen look combative.

It was the same with Didi ,posters couldn't see the shift the fella put in ,because next to Gerrard his was a thankless task ,Lucas is in the same
bracket. Although at least he knows the Kop can see his contribution,and appreciate his application.

So in summary fans know how hard the lad works for 90 mins ................I suspect that's vindication enough for Lucas . :;):

Come off it Red you must be at least 45, you should know better mate.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:00 pm

StuYesThatStu » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:40 pm wrote:

That's precisely why I know better kid , or did you mean 45 as in minutes ,like Gerrard ?  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:52 pm wrote:we have already coutinho who plays in his position, imo the next player we bring in should be a CM to replace gerrard who seems to be getting dramatically older by the week.

Everybody is getting older by the week....  :eyebrow
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:05 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:00 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:40 pm wrote:

That's precisely why I know better kid , or did you mean 45 as in minutes ,like Gerrard ?  :D

HAHAHAHAHA drop dead ya tit :D

Nearly fell off me chair.

If that comment was a knife mate, you couldn't touch the blade without drawing blood. :)

Anyway, bored of talking about it now, you're wrong (only because you mis understand it, what you're saying has truth :;): ), end of.
Last edited by Stu the Red on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:07 pm

Kharhaz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:03 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:52 pm wrote:we have already coutinho who plays in his position, imo the next player we bring in should be a CM to replace gerrard who seems to be getting dramatically older by the week.

But Gerrard is getting "dramatically older"....

He'll be 40 soon :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:59 am

StuYesThatStu » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:07 pm wrote:
Kharhaz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:03 pm wrote:

But Gerrard is getting "dramatically older"....

He'll be 40 soon :laugh:

Not far off the mark, hasn't aged as well as other over 30's.....probably done to the efforts he put in as a younger man and the injuries he has had in the latter half of his career
supersub
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion