Just a thought...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:08 pm

StuYesThatStu

Might aswell go all the way then and get rid of Suarez and Coutinho aswell. As you say, we've got the wonderful Henderson and Lucas and probably Sterling, Sturridge and Aspas too...

f*ck all our good players off and play with players who "work hard and run lots".

Another one who's never played the game.

stop putting words in my mouth and stop acting like a drama queen, lucas and henderson are decent players but they arent good enough to carry someone, especially in a 3 man midfield. if lucas and henderson were `wonderful` then maybe we could afford the luxury of playing gerrard in the middle.
in his day gerrard himself was good enough to carry not just someone but a whole f##king team but that gerrard doesnt exist anymore.
if gerrard cant get through his share of graft then he`s got to sit on the bench, we cant afford to have players walking around with their hands on their hips in the last 20 minutes of games when we are being over run and the result is in the balance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:34 pm

The way I see it is we can either go for a more defensive option or a more attacking option, but just a midfield alternative who genuinely improves the first eleven would do. They are different ways of dealing with the same problem i.e. a midfield that too often gets overrun. Whether it was Eriksen or Wanyama, or one of a number of other options, we passed up that opportunity in the summer in favour of Aspas, Sakho and a couple of expensive kids. I think that was a big missed opportunity myself.
LFC2007

Postby Boocity » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:37 pm

we lost the game today due to poor team selection and tactics, making Gerrard the scapegoat is ridiculous. Yes, he is not the player he was but he is still a great midfielder, he is currently being over played tho, he shouldn't be playing every minute of every game. Regarding mata, I don't agree with BTN, if we are in the top 4 by jan, why wouldn't he come here, it won't be because of CL football as he would be cup tied anyway and of course we could afford him if we wanted him.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:46 pm

If Mata is available then the following clubs would be interested

Utd , PSG , Madrid , Barce , Monaco , City and Munich - because he is that good a player

Every single one of those teams is more attractive than us to the top players and every single one of those clubs can outbid us.
Benny The Noon

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:46 pm wrote:If Mata is available then the following clubs would be interested

Utd , PSG , Madrid , Barce , Monaco , City and Munich - because he is that good a player

Every single one of those teams is more attractive than us to the top players and every single one of those clubs can outbid us.

Yes, but "spew" the red is always right Benny! Have you noticed! :D
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby supersub » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:38 pm wrote:Just a thought from Hustler.....you need not start any more topics Stu :)......as they are all clueless garbage. ;)

Even cheesecakery says the odd sensible thing :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Ok will someone at least answer who should play instead of Gerrard if he gets dropped ?

We all know he isn't playing that well at the moment but I can't see who else can play instead of him ?
Benny The Noon

Postby supersub » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:23 pm wrote:Ok will someone at least answer who should play instead of Gerrard if he gets dropped ?

We all know he isn't playing that well at the moment but I can't see who else can play instead of him ?

is this another gerrard thread
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:47 pm

supersub » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:46 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:23 pm wrote:Ok will someone at least answer who should play instead of Gerrard if he gets dropped ?

is this another gerrard thread

I don't think it was started that way but then Yakka started questioning Gerrards inclusion etc suggesting he should be dropped etc etc etc
Benny The Noon

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:47 pm

Betty, the dinner lady at Melwood! :p

We may as well keep him in there, as we have no other options.
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLP !!!
Last edited by Hustler 2 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:48 pm

supersub » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:28 pm wrote:
Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:38 pm wrote:Just a thought from Hustler.....you need not start any more topics Stu :)......as they are all clueless garbage. ;)

Even cheesecakery says the odd sensible thing :laugh:

Your obsessed with cheesecake :D

Get down and boogiiiieeee! :p
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby supersub » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:50 pm

always call a cheesecake a cheesecake......
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Boocity » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:37 pm wrote:we lost the game today due to poor team selection and tactics, making Gerrard the scapegoat is ridiculous. Yes, he is not the player he was but he is still a great midfielder, he is currently being over played tho, he shouldn't be playing every minute of every game. Regarding mata, I don't agree with BTN, if we are in the top 4 by jan, why wouldn't he come here, it won't be because of CL football as he would be cup tied anyway and of course we could afford him if we wanted him.

this
spurs copped on you need to spend on higher quality players just to make 4th, how long will it be before we realise this.  if mata is on the move then we should be pulling up tree's to get him.
if its the case of we are struggling to get top quality players then a D.O.F needs to be appointed next year. someone like van gaal who is a massive name, still in touch with the game and has built many title winning sides. his contacts would turn us up a few gem's that will make a difference unlike some of the dross we have been buying.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:58 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:52 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:37 pm wrote:we lost the game today due to poor team selection and tactics..

Correct. And who's fault is that?
Why he dropped Enrique for Sakho at LB is a magical mystery. 4 CB? I understand the Toure instead if Wisdom decision, as Toure is stronger with more Experience.
Sterling should have started. Even though his final ball when he gets into the box, like Glen Johnson, is always cr*p.
Simples!! :D
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:05 pm

BR got it right with Sturridge and Coutinho last season but the jury is out on Aspas and Alberto. The team lacks another quality alternative in midfield.
friendlyguy33

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion