Juan pablo angel...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:01 am

Angell is a terrific header of the ball.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:26 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Angell is a terrific header of the ball.

I already said that  :D  first page  :p

And as for St michael's clip of .......... Zlaten's too greedy by half  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:36 am

Agreed on Angel...great header of the ball and with the skills and strength to hold up the ball. None of our present strikers can do this.

Angel would be a better bet than Morrientes as he had spent his time adjusting to the EPL and would improve his goalscoring record in a team like Liverpool where we are creating a lot of chances this season as compared to the previous seasons. Interestingly, none of the threads here mentioned that he actually came good under O'Leary and not under Gregory (I my memory is correct) who signed him. I think eht improvement has more to do with O'Leary than the one and a half seasons he had to adjust - he would have adjusted quicker had O'Leary became their gaffer sooner.

I don't know if they'd want to sell him...perhaps he may be expensive.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:38 am

Wow what a goal by Zlatan!
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:23 am

angels a good player and would something diffrent to our current strikers, but we all money is tight at the moment for LFC and i dont think villa would let him go for cheaper than the £9.5m they paid for him.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:01 pm

If I remember correctly, there was a question of dodgy dealings in the finances of that deal that took Angel to Villa. In fact he was supposed to have been overpriced because of all the commissions that were paid on the deal. I think the Villa manager (Gregory) was implicated. So he is not worth close to that.

I must say he made the most of his opportunity once he came to England though.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:17 pm

kazza wrote:If I remember correctly, there was a question of dodgy dealings in the finances of that deal that took Angel to Villa. In fact he was supposed to have been overpriced because of all the commissions that were paid on the deal. I think the Villa manager (Gregory) was implicated. So he is not worth close to that.

I must say he made the most of his opportunity once he came to England though.

at first the deal was cancelled for the reasons you have stated, but it was later restructured at the same price, so whatever his worth villa paid 9.5mil for him and will want that back if not more i reckon, especially considering he's their best striker
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 69-1067957946 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:27 pm

I know we are a bigger club than Aston Villa but he seems well happy there and would cost over 10MIL.

Yeah he's a good player but you can't just name good players randomly and expect them to come.

Think about it mare.
69-1067957946

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion