Josemi...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:25 am

I think you were slightly harsh on Josemi.

His a bit quicker than Carragher and more composed but Carragher is obviously a better defender. At least he does give us options.

Rafa was very clearly looking for a centre back before the deadline but couldn't find the right one.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spud » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:21 pm

banana wrote:Now I know why our opinions differ at times. When you can give Josemi 2 points and Hyypia 4 on your scale, I just laugh. If I was an attacker I know for sure who I would have loved to face. Hyypia is only good in the air. He lacks pace, he is not the best passer of the ball, he often gets caught out of position , and so on. Hyypia is average at best and his game depends on good defensive midfielders doing a lot of running and tackling, taking the heat of central defence. For me Hyypia is the one to replace right now, not Riise, not Josemi and certainly not Carragher. When you think Hyypia is better than O'Shea and just as good as Cole and almost as good as Gallas you are completely off the mark. Gallas is a big, strong, athletic player who has proven himself in just about any defensive position. He tore us apart with his offensive runs and good passing at stamford bridge. He has the ability to go past defenders and deliver good crosses. Not many central defenders can do that. O'Shea can also play everywhere, he is quick, young and a superb defender. When Utd had a lot of injuries he deputised in midfield, and he gave some really good performances there. It is outright stupid to compare Hyypia to players like that. Hyypia is nothing in comparison. He must be replaced as soon as possible with a better, faster and more creative and comfortable player.

Spot on as far as I'm concerned  :D
spud

Postby dawson99 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:26 pm

u have to remember that josemi sam has only just joined us frmo a different culture and hes slotted in well. hes playing well with garcia when hes on the right and its looking good.
you say hes solid after a few games and not spectacular? well its early, i think hes ben a great buy and will do the team proud :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:34 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Right. So far, i've seen this lad enough to make a judgement on him. He's had good and bad games and i've come to the conclusion he was probably a waste of 2million. (waste maybe a bit harsh).

Yes he's looked solid and aggressive and looks a decent player, but can anybody here sit there and tell me he's a class act or he's the sort of player we're gonna build a side around?

This is the WORST post I have ever read on this site! That is the Honest truth! You really are a ****. and you say I dont know what Im talking about!

Waste of 2 million?  Not a class act, or the kind of player we cant build a side around? ????

His Job is to stop attackers and help us a keep a clean sheet! He's done that rather well, and he gets forward and can cross the ball.If you get that right and keep clean sheets, then you are going in the right direction. Stu, why dont you phone LFC and tell them they made a mistake paying 2 million.

Carra better than Josemi? dont think so, Carra is not a centre back and is a massive liability there. All we need is Henchoz back, who is a good tackler. CArra gets skinned.Josemi is having to adapt to a new league, and the best is yet to come.

Stick yer judgements up yer **** . you know nothing.

Josemi was a steal at 2 million in todays market, and as im always right, Carra/ Finnan will be the next players out the door. wait and see.
72-1090627431

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:40 pm

Hustlers Revenge wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Right. So far, i've seen this lad enough to make a judgement on him. He's had good and bad games and i've come to the conclusion he was probably a waste of 2million. (waste maybe a bit harsh).

Yes he's looked solid and aggressive and looks a decent player, but can anybody here sit there and tell me he's a class act or he's the sort of player we're gonna build a side around?

This is the WORST post I have ever read on this site! That is the Honest truth! You really are a ****. and you say I dont know what Im talking about!

Waste of 2 million?  Not a class act, or the kind of player we cant build a side around? ????

His Job is to stop attackers and help us a keep a clean sheet! He's done that rather well, and he gets forward and can cross the ball.If you get that right and keep clean sheets, then you are going in the right direction. Stu, why dont you phone LFC and tell them they made a mistake paying 2 million.

Carra better than Josemi? dont think so, Carra is not a centre back and is a massive liability there. All we need is Henchoz back, who is a good tackler. CArra gets skinned.Josemi is having to adapt to a new league, and the best is yet to come.

Josemi was a steal at 2 million in todays market, and as im always right, Carra/ Finnan will be the next players out the door. wait and see.

MUPPET ALERT

MUPPET ALERT

MUPPET ALERT

MUPPET ALERT

MUPPET ALERT
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:50 pm

Carragher has plenty to offer the club. He should not be sold.

He is a local boy with lots of passion and desire to do well for the club, these charcteristics are priceless.

But if we really want to progress I don't think he should be making the first 11 when everyone is fit.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:51 pm

Such negativity in the air.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:25 pm

Ferdinand world class? 

Definitely top class according to Stu's figures.  I mean the guy can play.

I always thought thes Scum bought the wrong centre back from Leeds.  Jonathon Woodgate is much the better player in my opinion.  Interesting to see Rafa wanted him prior to his signing for Real Madrid. 

If that's the class of defender Rafa is shopping around for then the club is in good hands.
jonnymac1979

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:30 pm

Now I know why our opinions differ at times. When you can give Josemi 2 points and Hyypia 4 on your scale, I just laugh. If I was an attacker I know for sure who I would have loved to face. Hyypia is only good in the air. He lacks pace, he is not the best passer of the ball, he often gets caught out of position , and so on. Hyypia is average at best and his game depends on good defensive midfielders doing a lot of running and tackling, taking the heat of central defence. For me Hyypia is the one to replace right now, not Riise, not Josemi and certainly not Carragher. When you think Hyypia is better than O'Shea and just as good as Cole and almost as good as Gallas you are completely off the mark. Gallas is a big, strong, athletic player who has proven himself in just about any defensive position. He tore us apart with his offensive runs and good passing at stamford bridge. He has the ability to go past defenders and deliver good crosses. Not many central defenders can do that. O'Shea can also play everywhere, he is quick, young and a superb defender. When Utd had a lot of injuries he deputised in midfield, and he gave some really good performances there. It is outright stupid to compare Hyypia to players like that. Hyypia is nothing in comparison. He must be replaced as soon as possible with a better, faster and more creative and comfortable player.

And I don't know why you try to fool yourselves with Carragher. He is not a right back Stu. He is a central defender. He can play right back, but his limitations are so many that it makes him very ineffective in this position. Carragher loves playing CD, and he has improved his game a lot this year just by getting to play in his favourite and natural position week in week out.

So let me get this straight, you've never been to a live match, you think Carragher (One of our most consistent players over the last 7 years) is out of position at right back and you don't rate Owen or Hyypia...

A word of advice. Go to a match. Watch a live game.

Class stands out like a saw thumb, you can't miss it. A class player is a class player. As for Sami getting caught out of position... what planet are you from?
115-1073096938

Postby spud » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:00 pm

stu_the_red wrote:As for Sami getting caught out of position... what planet are you from?

Stu, Sami has been caught out of position loadsa times already.  Some of the Zonal marking disasters were nothing to do with the system, Sami didn't win his header and mis-timed and got out-jumped.

His distribution from the back is poor, he gives the ball away too much.  He often hoofs in.  He is the worst at the back with the ball.

He needs Hamman sitting in front of him, when Didi isn't playing he's exposed.  This is why we cannot press forward at times, cause Didi is too busy winning balls.

A great player for several years in a poor Liverpool side.  He has 18 months left max.
spud

Postby Paul C » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:18 pm

Josemi is a mint player, the only fault with him is he hasn't got too much pace and if he gets caught out of possition he struggles to get back ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:07 pm

People are missing the point, i don't think Josemi's a bad player at all.

He's a good player... but that 2million should have been spent improving a position that needs it instead of signing a player we didn't really need. Carragher, Henchoz, Hyypia and Riise is a good back 4, with Finnan as a backup right back, Josemi hasn't given us anything we didn't have already.

to me he's replaced Henchoz who was the weakest link and become the weakest link himself... we need a class centre half to play alongside Sami.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:33 pm

i don't think Josemi's a bad player at all

You sure about that? I remember clearly you comparing him to Gary Neville.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 72-1090627431 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:36 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Hustlers Revenge wrote:

MUPPET ALERT

MUPPET ALERT

MUPPET ALERT

MUPPET ALERT

MUPPET ALERT

you said it! right on cue! a good self description!

Sticks and stones, will break your bones!

:angry:
72-1090627431

Postby supersub » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:34 pm

spud wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:As for Sami getting caught out of position... what planet are you from?

Stu, Sami has been caught out of position loadsa times already.  Some of the Zonal marking disasters were nothing to do with the system, Sami didn't win his header and mis-timed and got out-jumped.

His distribution from the back is poor, he gives the ball away too much.  He often hoofs in.  He is the worst at the back with the ball.

He needs Hamman sitting in front of him, when Didi isn't playing he's exposed.  This is why we cannot press forward at times, cause Didi is too busy winning balls.

A great player for several years in a poor Liverpool side.  He has 18 months left max.

have to agree with you spud..
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion