Josemi - So far

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jymbojetset » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:52 am

Quite agree, good solid player, looks like he's played as part of that team for a few years.

Aside, what's everyones opinion on Dudek so far?
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:56 am

Lokking at his performances and considering that he only costs 2 million, we have bought well in this case.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:01 am

jymbojetset wrote:Aside, what's everyones opinion on Dudek so far?

I wouldn`t call Defoe`s goal a total f*** up by Dudek, but if anyone was to blame for it, it would have to be Dudek for not covering his near post. Apart from that he has had rather quiet days at work hasn`t he?
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sparky » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:12 am

I do not think dudek was at fault for defoes goal even though he was beaten at his near post, the power of the shot and angle plus it was only 8 yards was the cause of the goal, the reflexes needed to save that would have had to be phenomenal, even if he had got a touch i doubt if he would have kept it out to be honest. The ball should have been intecepted anyway by hyypia initially he did not compete the header with kanoute then jamie really could not do anything to stop defoe, but i feel we lost concentration due to the subs that santini brought on, we just switched off.

As for josemi i like what i have seen so far he seems to be comfortable on the ball, and likes coming forward, the only down side as others have said is his brashness in the tackle does tend to dive in a bit which may cost us free kick wise if he can be a little more disaplined he can turn out to be an excellent buy for us especially at 2m.
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby azriahmad » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:15 am

I don't really feel so comfortable with Dudek. Good shot stopper but rather weak at covering those kind of angles. At least he does not have butterfingers like Westerfeldt or Calamity James.

Still, we need to improve the 'keeper position or risk losing games/points by these kind of goals.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:27 am

azri's probably right about Dudek, but the Defoe's goal was so brilliant that not many goalie would have coped, i guess.
as for josemi, what can we expect from a 2M signing?
But having seen his recent performances, the 2M looks like more than a good deal.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:49 am

i'm impressed by what i have seen so far. he has all the signs of becoming a crowd favourite at anfield with his no-nonsense approach to the game. can't wait to see him kick christiano ronaldo into row z when we play the scum. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jymbojetset » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:52 am

azriahmad wrote:I don't really feel so comfortable with Dudek. Good shot stopper but rather weak at covering those kind of angles. At least he does not have butterfingers like Westerfeldt or Calamity James.

Still, we need to improve the 'keeper position or risk losing games/points by these kind of goals.

My thoughts too, is it time Kirkland had a good run, or better of keeping faith for now?

I know this thread is about Josemi, but feel it needs to include whole defence.

Though Jamie had a good game on Saturday, very solid.
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Voices from Yates » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:48 pm

I think  RB is not settled with the back4. Is Henchoz now a permanent bench warmer? They do look a little disorganized on occasion. Lack of playing time together in this exact combo. Too many defenders chasing one player.
Porto's winner in the preseason was an example.

We are probably looking for a CB right now..hope so

Have we missed anybody out yet...backup ball boys etc
:D  :D
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby jymbojetset » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:27 pm

Voices from Yates wrote:I think  RB is not settled with the back4. Is Henchoz now a permanent bench warmer? They do look a little disorganized on occasion. Lack of playing time together in this exact combo. Too many defenders chasing one player.
Porto's winner in the preseason was an example.

We are probably looking for a CB right now..hope so

Have we missed anybody out yet...backup ball boys etc
:D  :D

Missed the reserve programme seller!
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:38 pm

I have been impressed so far, i like his commitment for sure. Hes as hard as nails and thats a good sign for defenders, it kind of puts the sh*ts up strikers and midfielders.

The only negative thing i can see is that hes too edgy, i mean that in the sense he needs to settle down and bed in. But even saying that, hes fitting in quite well.

But over all, hes a goos buy and a good prospect.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:00 pm

I think you can't blame Dudek for the Dafoe's goal. Everything happened so fast. He needed to move to the near post in just a matter of split second while couldn't see the ball until Carra missed it and by that time, along with the juice on the ball, its impossible for him to save it at that short distance. I think to be fair, if Dudek let a goal on the near post while he was already set, then I would think he misplay it but not the situation he was in on Sat.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:10 pm

Great result especially considering the price

The only thing is I dont see Finnan as a long term option on the right of midfield. with him being a solid defender we could get an out and out attacking midfielder to dribble and terrorise defences

But who???
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:17 pm

Not seen much going forward, but he looks quite athletic and is a VERY aggressive tackler.

Hopefully he'll be a good signing.

So far so good.
115-1073096938

Postby Paul C » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:05 pm

stmichael wrote:i'm impressed by what i have seen so far. he has all the signs of becoming a crowd favourite at anfield with his no-nonsense approach to the game. can't wait to see him kick christiano ronaldo into row z when we play the scum. :D

He won't defend against Ronaldo cos Josemi plays rightback
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion