Josemi not good enough! - Benitez starting to sound like.......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:10 pm

When he first arrived one of our members referred to him as "Josemite Sam" , it was quite appropriate , they fella goes into every tackle snarling with guns blazing . I don't mind having him at right back although if truth be told I'm always amazed at how he manages to still be on the pitch after 90 mins , but to play him at CD   :wwww  Jeez why not not just give the opposition a goal start ?  :D

Mind you ,if he could curb his recklessness , like Carra he could suprise us , .......................... Nah   :no

Until we find a proper CD we'll have to go with Carra and Sammi , hopefully Sissoko or Didi will be on hand to make up for Sammi's lack of pace.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:14 pm

Another New bie with neg. post. I think RB will only use him if hypia get injury. Wait Until Jan Transfer , RB will buy new CB .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby mighty mo » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:03 pm

i cannot believe the antagonism  and unjust critism for rafa lately on this forum, absolutly unbelievable
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:09 pm

mighty mo wrote:i cannot believe the antagonism  and unjust critism for rafa lately on this forum, absolutly unbelievable

sick of it mate - what a bunch of negative tw@ts some fans of the KINGS OF EUROPE have become :veryangry
PhiLFC

Postby Big Niall » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:24 pm

Belfastred wrote:
spion wrote:Why is it that Bryan Robson or Steve(Teddyboy)Mclaren can tempt player a plenty to those two bob tin pot teams & yet Benitez could'nt even get Stellios to Liverpool(The European champions)?

Because Robson & McLaren can guarentee these guys first team football everyweek, at Liverpool they are squad players.

Calm yourself down and think about it. Do you want us to fork out millions on players that we didnt really want in the first place..Im sure our squad will hold out until January.

We should tell a quality cb that he'll be first choice with JC, Hypia can be cover (he's ageing fast).

Rafa should have bought somebody, wish Henchoz was still here (assuming rumour about Hypia's wife isn't true)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:27 pm

(assuming rumour about Hypia's wife isn't true)

Tell me more
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:38 pm

Paul C wrote:Josemi's prefered position is in the centre as thats where he played for Malaga, this is an interview from liverpoolfc.tv:

Spanish defender Josemi has insisted Liverpool fans will see a marked improvement in his first team displays this season.
Josemi admits his debut season on Merseyside wasn't much to write home about as he struggled to adapt to the pace of the Premiership and had a number of injury problems to contend with.

But after playing back to back games for the Reds over the last week, the 25 year old has played down speculation over his future and insisted he wants to force his way into Rafael Benitez's first team plans on a regular basis.

"I had difficulties in my first season here but I feel things are going to get better," he said. "I'm very happy, not only at the football club, but away from the game. My wife is expecting a baby and we feel more settled in the area. I feel there is a lot for me to look forward to and be positive about this year.

"It's not always easy when you come to a new country and it can take time to get used to it. When you are settled, the football becomes more enjoyable.

"Little by little things are starting to improve. It also helps me to be part of a good team and to be working with a manager and coaches who have always been good to me and always wanted to help when I've had difficulties. They are happy with me and have always told me they believe in me, which gives me confidence."

He added: "A lot of people spoke about me returning to Spain in the summer, but for me that was never an intention. I wanted to remain here and show I could be an important player for Liverpool.

"My biggest hope for the season is to ensure I don't get any injuries because I feel this caused most difficulties for me last season. Until I was injured I thought things were going well.

"If I'm used as a centre back more, I'll be happy. I love tackling and this is where I'm strongest.

"In my last season at Malaga I played centre back, not right back so it's not a problem position for me. In fact, it's a position I enjoy very much."

From this he sounds like an honest decent fella!at least he addmitted he had a bad start!
Maybe we've written the guy off to quick?i dunno,time will tell on that one.I think we should give him at least till January to see what he can do in his prefered position.As he said in his interveiw above he feels happier in general and more settled at the club.
It cant have been easy making the switch from Malaga to us never mind to be thrown in at the deep end out of position.Ok the guy will never be the quickest,but Hyypia has shown time and time again that defending is more about reading the game and having a good football brain!
Good luck to Josemi,i hope he comes good!
66-1120597113

Postby 109-1093441336 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:51 pm

Joozeeemi oo oh,
Joozeeemi oo oh,
he came from malaga,
he plays like Carragher.

Get in, you (hideous) beaut.
109-1093441336

Postby Afroman » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:07 pm

meelan#5 wrote:Joozeeemi oo oh,
Joozeeemi oo oh,
he came from malaga,
he plays like Carragher.

Get in, you (hideous) beaut.

A Meelan#5 orginal  ???  :D
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:34 pm

I think Josemi set such high standards when he first arrived that we all thought the right back spot was in safe hands for years to come,since his injury he has never been the same,
that dosnte mean he wont come back again, give the lad a chance- hes proved he has the class and no one can question his commitment,
I myself dont feel hes tall enough for a CD-its at RB that he initialy excelled.
I also dont understand any objection to Zac as cover until we get an established CD in jan (Zac is for the future)

I cant wait to see rafa mould the team over the next couple of seasons-
Dont get me wrong I have my moans- but I also remember the atmosphere in the car on the way home from the game in the houllier days- give me rafa and this squad anyday-
I cant wait for the next game
teamleader1

Postby JohnBull » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:39 pm

Are we all watching the same player ? Go to the friggin match, don't just watch the TV coverage of little parts of the games, the guy is alright and I've seen a lot worse Liverpool players end up with a cabinet full of England caps.
If you can't get to a game watch that "playercam" rubbish - you may realise that the match is still going on while the ball's elsewhere.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:10 pm

Josemi has had poor games but he has had good ones and the same people who are using him as a scapegoat praised him then. He does get caught of position when he plays as RB, and I think he could play well as a CB. It's his prefered position.

He definetly has the tackling ability for it and he has more pace than Hyypia so he isn't slow, just not fast enough to play as a RB week in and week out. His ball distribution is far much better than Hyypia's and I think that that's been one of Sammi's weakpoints.

I think he will have an ok season perhaps even a better one than we all expect.
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:40 pm

Benitez for Job Centre! :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:23 pm

" i get paid lots for spoiling your evening ! "
109-1093441336

Postby XSD » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:00 am

Haven't seen enough of Josemi to be writing him off, I fancy him at CD much more than right back because he can tackle and won't be relying on pace.
He looked excellent when we first got him, and as long as he has a chance he will come good. Probably as a squad player though, but that is what we need right now.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion