JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:57 am

Im a bit concerned over the 20 million pound tag and linking that to high expectations
The price, the worth and the value of players has gone beyond rational thinking and I just wonder if people are putting to much emphasis on the cost of someone so soon...?
Thommo's perm

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:58 am

Thommo's perm wrote:Im a bit concerned over the 20 million pound tag and linking that to high expectations
The price, the worth and the value of players has gone beyond rational thinking and I just wonder if people are putting to much emphasis on the cost of someone so soon...?

Who has said anything ?  ???
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:Im a bit concerned over the 20 million pound tag and linking that to high expectations

Erm
Penguins and Kukilon on the previous page...
:shifty
Thommo's perm

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:15 am

Thommo's perm wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:

Erm
Penguins and Kukilon on the previous page...
:shifty

Oh i thought you  meant press.

Penguins has always been a glass half empty kinda poster, take no notice  :D

I like the range of his passing last night.
There was one diagonal through ball he played near the end of the match that was perfect, reminded me a bit of Beckham.
Ben Patrick

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:16 pm

of course they are. the kid hasn't kicked a ball for us yet.

personally the price tag doesn't concern me. expectations should be high because he's joined liverpool fc, regardless of the price. if the kid does well nobody will even mention the price a year down the line. it's market forces unfortunately, which is why the mancs have paid £26m for jones and smalling in the last 6 months.

and as for judging him in the under 21's, that's just daft as england are useless and he's surrounded by dross. he also has a manger with about as much tactical nous my pet dog not to mention his complete inability to nurture young players.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Waldo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:17 pm

stmichael wrote:

of course they are. the kid hasn't kicked a ball for us yet.

personally the price tag doesn't concern me. expectations should be high because he's joined liverpool fc, regardless of the price. if the kid does well nobody will even mention the price a year down the line. it's market forces unfortunately, which is why the mancs have paid £26m for jones and smalling in the last 6 months.

and as for judging him in the under 21's, that's just daft as england are useless and he's surrounded by dross. he also has a manger with about as much tactical nous my pet dog not to mention his complete inability to nurture young players.

Spot on. Let's wait to see him in an LFC shirt before we go jumping to any conclusions about Henderson and the price tag. The U21's are hopeless and we need to see Jordan in OUR team before we can see what he is capable of. He will get a rest after the next game anyway as the U21's will be out!!
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:06 pm

giving him some stick on five live because of International performances. I don't know much of Hendo and haven't watched him much but England have been thoroughly sh!te so I'm reading jack sh!t into Hendo's performances for that heap
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Greavesie wrote:giving him some stick on five live because of International performances. I don't know much of Hendo and haven't watched him much but England have been thoroughly sh!te so I'm reading jack sh!t into Hendo's performances for that heap

Henderson = scape goat

do people expect him to win England a game? jeez... the whole team is awful
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Easily the worst player in that u21 side for the Euro tournament so far. They need to try him down the flank, might work better with Walker bombing up and down behind him...

Have to say though.. Sturridge looks one hell of a player !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:21 pm

His price tag will automatically make him the scapegoat.  You get traded for a lot of money and you are magically supposed to be twice the player you use to be...
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby aCe' » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:28 pm

metalhead wrote:
Greavesie wrote:giving him some stick on five live because of International performances. I don't know much of Hendo and haven't watched him much but England have been thoroughly sh!te so I'm reading jack sh!t into Hendo's performances for that heap

Henderson = scape goat

do people expect him to win England a game? jeez... the whole team is awful

You know, i dont think the whole team is awful... I think the back 4 are excellent, Smalling is having an excellent tournament and he'll probably go on to become the best CB in the country in the next couple of years. Miles ahead of P.Jons for me. The 2 fullbacks (Walker and Bertrand) have done well and look decent. The middle is where they really struggle. Mancienne/Muamba do a job defensively but lack the quality to contribute in building up play. Henderson doesnt show for the ball enough for me and has been disappointing in the few occasions he got on the ball. The wide players have some talent but are nothing spectacular (Sinclair and Cleverly) . Upfront theres Welback and Sturridge who are both excellent players imo who would get into most sides in the league (outside the top4)...

The manager is somewhat clueless and the midfield is letting the side down... Henderson, regardless of the hype and him signing for us, has been very disappointing.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:36 pm

aCe' wrote:you know, i dont think the whole team is awful... I think the back 4 are excellent, Smalling is having an excellent tournament and he'll probably go on to become the best CB in the country in the next couple of years. Miles ahead of P.Jons for me. The 2 fullbacks (Walker and Bertrand) have done well and look decent. The middle is where they really struggle. Mancienne/Muamba do a job defensively but lack the quality to contribute in building up play. Henderson doesnt show for the ball enough for me and has been disappointing in the few occasions he got on the ball. The wide players have some talent but are nothing spectacular (Sinclair and Cleverly) . Upfront theres Welback and Sturridge who are both excellent players imo who would get into most sides in the league (outside the top4)...

The manager is somewhat clueless and the midfield is letting the side down... Henderson, regardless of the hype and him signing for us, has been very disappointing.

Henderson is playing in holding role which limits his ability to go forward, the whole team plays a direct kind of football and that is why England can't hold possession, its not Henderson's fault. If the team has excellent players then why are they struggling to beat an average Czech team?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:37 pm

well they're coming home now, Hendo can get some rest
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:39 pm

aCe' wrote:You know, i dont think the whole team is awful... I think the back 4 are excellent

Hmmm.. they conceded 2 soft goals.

You see the whole setup is wrong, its not individuals, its players in the field that are NOT getting the best out of each other.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:44 pm

Henderson was very poor today.
I wont lose any sleep over it, i think tactically he was being asked to sit and take the ball off the centre halves with not great movement for him. Still his decision making and passing was poor to say the least today.
Thought they were unlucky to lose in the endbut are an average side devoid of ideas.
Henderson might have been better on the right like ace said with Rodwell in the middle.
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion