JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Zidane » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:Im not gonna lie, im slightly concerned that the signings of Carroll and Henderson could bit a bit like Commoli's expenisve flops at Spurs Bentley, Bent etc, i pray its not

Bent wasn't a flop :P
Zidane

Postby Kukilon » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:06 am

tubby wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:Im not gonna lie, im slightly concerned that the signings of Carroll and Henderson could bit a bit like Commoli's expenisve flops at Spurs Bentley, Bent etc, i pray its not

TBF they are both some of best young prospects we have seen here in a while and we need to be getting in more homegrown players. It's not like you can predict exactly how they will do. It was either get them now or wait till they move to a big club and end up paying double or more.

The problem is we have become too used to shopping in bargain basement.

Andy costing twice as much as what we paid?=)
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:51 am

Haven't been on in the last week so haven't had chance to have my say since the lad signed. First things first I like the player and think he'll do great things for us, although talk already of him being a long term replacement for Gerrard are way too premature.

I bet the first reaction most fans when they first heard the news was "£20m? WTF?" but to be honest I'm beyond that stage now. We are signing long term investments now under the new regime and it's exciting to see. And it won't be £20m upfront I doubt anyway. As far as I'm aware it's "a deal" worth £20m which probably includes wages and a certain amount upfront plus bonuses and add-ons. Personally I'm just glad to see that we have owners who are willing to put there money where their mouth is and compare this to the previous owners when we didn't have a pot to pi$$ in.

And anyway, if Henderson is "overpriced" I don't hear the same people laughing at the Mancs paying nearly £30m for Smalling and Jones over the past year, especially as those two combined have the same number of England caps as Henderson has.

The main issue of course is where he'll play and whether he'll start every game. I speak to a Sunderland mate quite regularly and he insists that the majority of his best games for them have come when he has played on the right of midfield even though he's not an out and out winger. Maybe we plan to use him out there and use Dirk as more of a striker next season?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:14 pm

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:25 pm

fAB NEWs- how great to be splashing the cash and not wealing and dealing like before, Suarez, Carrol and now Henderson......

Exciting times.. remembr when we signed Houghton, Aldo, Beardelsy and Barnes....

And thank you Fenways.. FSG whatever you are called now.. fopr restroing so much faith and pride.. Liverpool are one of the big players AGAIN !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:Image

I take it Commolli has lent him his trackie for this photo-op. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:52 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:Image

I take it Commolli has lent him his trackie for this photo-op. :D

Oh yeah, didn't see that.  :D

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:34 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I take it Commolli has lent him his trackie for this photo-op. :D

The other night I watched the video on .TV and my first thought was, "Commolli seems to outgrown his training top so lent it to the new kid."
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Sean » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:55 pm

Henderson struggled tonight for England under 21's. The english midfield couldn't get the ba;; of the spanish lads.  Any thoughts.....
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:04 pm

Sean wrote:Henderson struggled tonight for England under 21's. The english midfield couldn't get the ba;; of the spanish lads.  Any thoughts.....

England are sh!te.
Zidane

Postby parchpea » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:16 pm

Henderson may have looked better in the Spanish side. England make everyone look poor at any age level.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:31 pm

Well, Henderson is no 20 million pralyer, not close.

We overpaid, but he might or might not prove a good buy.

I just don't want us to turn into a new Arsenal, always looking at marketablity, long term value, making profits and all that :censored: instad of actually winning things.

Buying young talent, having an average squad age of under 25 and selling everything as soon as the player is getting 28.

That will make us win nothing.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:34 pm

Penguins wrote:Well, Henderson is no 20 million pralyer, not close.

We overpaid, but he might or might not prove a good buy.

I just don't want us to turn into a new Arsenal, always looking at marketablity, long term value, making profits and all that :censored: instad of actually winning things.

Buying young talent, having an average squad age of under 25 and selling everything as soon as the player is getting 28.

That will make us win nothing.

KK knows what hes doing
In Kenny we trust...
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:43 pm

parchpea wrote:Henderson may have looked better in the Spanish side. England make everyone look poor at any age level.

Spain is far superior than England, I'm not surprised that the whole English team struggled tonight.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion