JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:40 pm

I think our formation will change quite a bit depending on our opponents etc.  Although i agree that the 4-3-3/4-5-1 will probably be the one used most. 

As much as i like Meiriles, i think Adam would be more suited to the formation with Meiriles being back up for stevie in the AM role.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Official now, he signed and first interview just been on LFC.TV
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:17 pm

First Interview

Can you put into words how you are feeling right now?

Not really! I'm over the moon, overjoyed to be here and I'm really looking forward to it.

What was your initial reaction when you heard of Liverpool's interest?

I was flattered to know Liverpool were interested in me and, once I knew, it was a massive decision for me to make but also a massive opportunity.

How difficult was it for you to leave your local club?

Obviously it's hard to leave your local club. I'm a Sunderland lad, I've supported them all my life. But I'm really looking forward to the future now and obviously this is a massive opportunity for me. I'm really excited by it.

Did you seek advice from anyone about the decision?

Yes, obviously my family are all Sunderland fans as well, and it's pretty tough because I've had some great years there. I've been there since I was seven and I'll definitely miss it but, like I say, I'm looking forward to playing for Liverpool now.

There is a lot of competition for places here - is that something you're ready for?

Definitely. Coming to a massive club like Liverpool, there is always going to be competition. Hopefully I can keep working hard, keep improving, and get my chance on the pitch.

One player you'll be playing alongside is Steven Gerrard - how exciting is that for you and how big a role model has he been over the years?

He is one of the best players in the world, you want to be playing with him and training with him to try and improve yourself as a player. I've trained with him once (for England) and he was unbelievable, to be honest. I'm looking forward to it, and there are other good players here who can help me as well. Steven has been a massive, massive player for Liverpool for years now and he still is. Hopefully I can learn a lot from him.

And how does the thought of playing at Anfield every week sound?

I cannot wait to play at Anfield in front of the Liverpool fans and everything. I'm just excited and I want to get going.

What about Kenny Dalglish - are you looking forward to working with him over the next few years?

Yes, of course. He's done brilliantly since he came back to the club. He's done such a good job in such a short space of time. Hopefully he'll carry on doing that. I've already spoken to him and he's been brilliant with me so far. I'm really looking forward to it.

What kind of things were said between you?

I basically just thanked him for bringing me here. He seemed just as pleased as I was and that's obviously a good thing! It was all positive.

It's the start of an exciting new era at the club. What do you believe you can achieve here?

There is a lot to achieve. It's a massive club and we've seen over the last few months how good they are. So I'm just coming here to learn and try to improve my game and I'm sure that along the way there will be a lot of happy memories.

It must be in your mind that you could win trophies here?

Yes, of course. You come to a big club and you want to win things. Liverpool have won a lot in the past and hopefully there is a lot more to come in the future.

Lots of other clubs were reportedly interested in you - do you believe Liverpool is the best place for your development and for you to realise your football dreams?

Yes, definitely. Liverpool's definitely the place to help me come on as a player, and improve me. The club's going in the right direction and it can go as high as it wants.

You're the first major summer signing at Anfield - what's your message to the fans?

I'd like to tell them that I'm over the moon to be here and they will see me giving everything I've got in every game I play. Hopefully they'll enjoy watching me as much as I'll enjoy playing for this club.
Last edited by Dundalk on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby paisleyred » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Top Lad:)
paisleyred

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:43 pm

Sounds classy... and educated :D  Not that I'm taking a dig at any other players we have signed :;):

I'm sure he'll play on the right more.  Kuyt doesn't do that great at Rm.  His best games came playing as a striker, so if we play the 4-3-3 he could actually be the third striker and probably do well.  I"d rather sign Aguero but I'm not getting my hopes up :p

Behind him we could have Gerrard on the right, Downing on the left and Adam or Lucas in the middle.  Dann and Carra, Johnson and some LB with Reina.  That's a good starting 11 right there .
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:54 pm

Dundalk wrote:Henderson on Skill School  :laugh:

That was actually really funny  :D
ethanr

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Im not gonna lie, im slightly concerned that the signings of Carroll and Henderson could bit a bit like Commoli's expenisve flops at Spurs Bentley, Bent etc, i pray its not
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:27 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:Im not gonna lie, im slightly concerned that the signings of Carroll and Henderson could bit a bit like Commoli's expenisve flops at Spurs Bentley, Bent etc, i pray its not

TBF they are both some of best young prospects we have seen here in a while and we need to be getting in more homegrown players. It's not like you can predict exactly how they will do. It was either get them now or wait till they move to a big club and end up paying double or more.

The problem is we have become too used to shopping in bargain basement.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:31 pm

I don't think Bent is good either but he still manages to score almost 20 goals a season.
ethanr

Postby jimmy brighton » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:42 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:Im not gonna lie, im slightly concerned that the signings of Carroll and Henderson could bit a bit like Commoli's expenisve flops at Spurs Bentley, Bent etc, i pray its not

No disrespect mate but do you not trust Kenny and the boys? There's no way a transfer would take place without Kenny's approval
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:44 pm

Dundalk wrote:Henderson on Skill School  :laugh:

Loved that. Really funny    :D Looking forward to seeing the boy in a red shirt
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:52 pm

wasn't he also responsible for the signings of Gareth Bale and Modric though??

???
roberto green

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion