JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rimetto_ » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:02 pm

aCe' wrote:Throwing big money at young LOCAL players is risky business imo... Its interesting to see Kenny going about it the way he seemingly is. Would have thought bringing in a couple of established players in key positions would have been a priority but that doesnt seem to be the case. If we do bring in Henderson for the reported 20mill or so then I sincerely hope the next piece of big money business we conduct involves an established player who preferably plays in defense rather than add to our midfielders..

Another thing to consider is that Henderson isnt quite your typical wide player.. He's more of a Kuyt than a Nani put it that way.. With players like Suarez and Meireles already seemingly established in he starting 11 it will be interesting to see the philosophy Kenny has in plan for next season..

I think this purchase follows exactly what the owners said they would do when they came in. Invest in talented young british players who fit the mold of player they want at Liverpool.

Good Purchase and lets not forget there's alot of business to be done until the start of the new season :-) haven't been this excited about a new season in years.
Rimetto_

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:28 pm

I we all sort of know Kenny is looking to build a team of young British players back up by a few big star name from overseas. I think its going to work very well.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:43 pm

Emerald Red wrote:He told United to get fucked. I like him already.

Hes a yernited fan though  :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:56 pm

He is a sunderland fan, just like Carroll a newcastle fan

its going to be interesting how Carroll and Henderson will deal with each other in the training field :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Henderson isnt a winger - he is mainly an attacking CM who can also play in a right sided midfield role - he will prob fill the Maxi role or the role that Houghton used to fill for us - but he is definatly not a touchline winger
Benny The Noon

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Seems like he's a Dalglish fan, TBPH. :cool:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby moop1970 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:10 pm

Has he actually signed yet?  Would have thought there would have been an announcement by now if he was having his medical today?  Not that I am impatient or anything like that!
moop1970

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:14 pm

moop1970 wrote:Has he actually signed yet?  Would have thought there would have been an announcement by now if he was having his medical today?  Not that I am impatient or anything like that!

check the official site, signed done and agreed. Press conference at 5pm GMT
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:22 pm

I just love the fact we nabbed one of the Mancs "most wanted" ,rather than them snatch one of ours ... Heartily sick of having players we have been watching and touting publicly as the "next big thing " end up at United ...  This Comoli certainly doesn't let the grass grow under his feet   :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:28 pm

It's good to see our owners are happy to get involved in the transfer market at the right time and not wait till the best buys have been snapped up.

Turn the clock back 12 months, and 3 years beyond that, and we were not involved in transfers till the players were back in pre season training.....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:30 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I just love the fact we nabbed one of the Mancs "most wanted" ,rather than them snatch one of ours ... Heartily sick of having players we have been watching and touting publicly as the "next big thing " end up at United ...  This Comoli certainly doesn't let the grass grow under his feet   :D

Not when he's spending other people's money, mate...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I just love the fact we nabbed one of the Mancs "most wanted" ,rather than them snatch one of ours ... Heartily sick of having players we have been watching and touting publicly as the "next big thing " end up at United ...  This Comoli certainly doesn't let the grass grow under his feet   :D

I'm not so sure about that mate, they just grabbed Phil Jones from under Kenny's nose. I don't know that much much about Henderson but i would have been happier if it was Jones we had signed today as we would have been addressing an area of need. I really hope we go after a player like Cahill, Shawcross or the older Hangeland now as opposed to Scott Dann.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:He told United to get fucked. I like him already.

Hes a yernited fan though  :glare:

Can't be that much of a fan to turn down a club he apparently supports?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Scottbot wrote:

I'm not so sure about that mate, they just grabbed Phil Jones from under Kenny's nose. I don't know that much much about Henderson but i would have been happier if it was Jones we had signed today as we would have been addressing an area of need. I really hope we go after a player like Cahill, Shawcross or the older Hangeland now as opposed to Scott Dann.

Think about what you just said.  No disrespect, but if what you said makes sense, than what we just did also makes sense.

We bought Henderson in a position we may not need new reinforcements, and Henderson is more of a future prospect than a right now type player.  That's exactly what Phil Jones is, a future starter, not really one for right now.  If we need people in that position right now then we don't want to be buying players that can start there in 2 years, we need to buy a player that can start there in 2 months.

As I see it, Henderson is Gerrard's replacement.  Carra seems to have some kick in him for whatever reason, but I'm sure we will still go after a CB this year like Cahill or Dann. 

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to sign Phil Jones as a Carra replacement, but it looks like that ship has sailed.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Scottbot wrote:

Phil Jones was always going to the Mancs mate... Scott Dann however would be a real quality acquisition at CB .... Kirkdale Lad and Season ticket holder ...
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion